EXAMPLES OF BRO SCIENCE that you've tried?? Did it work or not?

• Thread starter iLoveCannabis
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
TSD

TSD

Storz & Bickel. They make the volcano but i never understood the concept of pre-filling a balloon. But.....for home use, the "Plenty". Yes, it looks like a power drill, you plug it in, but in terms of taste, dialing the temp in, cooling coil/mouthpiece.......excellent, and well made. It should last years, longer if you treat it right.

But the "Mighty".......about the size of a small walkie talkie (these aren't made for stealth, but that's not the goal). Flower, hash, wax, chargeable, exact temp control......

I prefer a mod for cartridges over pens. There are a lot of good, small mods, the size of like, a C battery, that will dial in the right temp/wattage for getting a perfect vape hit from cartridges. E leaf is a good one but there are so many. I have a larger pen that takes carts, flower, wax/hash.......
I use the og mighty, new model seems about the same, different charger, probably slightly better battery. Love it.

TSD

TSD

Wait, you're bong hitting FROM the Plenty?? How much of a difference does that make? Does it take away any flavor?

They do charge too much for their products (only buy them on sale/wish a coupon code). But also buy extra parts, screens, mouthpiece, etc and put rhem away, you never know when they'll be discontinued. If you take care of them, with extra parts, it could last a lifetime....
I don't think thry charge too much honestly, you get what you pay for. I used mine several times a day for 2 years, battery finally started to get weak, they sent me a whole new unit free of charge. I did get about 75 bucks off originally via coupon as well.

tom29625

tom29625

I was once told that the only way to get purple bud was by either watering with purple food dye or grape soda.
When I first read about Blackstrap Molasses, it sounded intriguing but I was skeptical. Could it reall add a little sweetness? Probably not. Indoors it would probably attract bugs that would laugh at you behind your back.......

Outdoors? Eh, it's not very expensive, maybe a few jars of it poured into the soil in the last 2 weeks? Still........not buying it.....

But I did read a few articles that seemed fairly legit, that at least talked about micronutrients or emzymes, that the molasses would add......

Eh
I use it.
I'm a indoor soil grower.
No bugs.
Trick is not to use to much.
1 tsp per gallon max.
My plants seem to like it.
I add it starting soon after flipping.
If you can ever look at a msds or product ingredient list from some of the expensive additives, molasses is in it.
Try 1 plant with and the rest without.
I don't have the bro science pictures to compare.
Happy Growing!

Goodshit97

Goodshit97

Ice in your bong water.......

Doesn't that just trap more resin.....?

We have so many good vaporizers, and extracts. People still use bongs? It's probably more for the show of it.
I dont use ice, but bings? Yes.

I also have a mighty+ and like 14 bongs, I use my bongs regularly, i take the mighty with me when i go out on the boat fishing lol.

TSD

TSD

I use it.
No bugs.
1 tsp per gallon max.
If you can ever look at a msds or product ingredient list from some of the expensive additives, molasses is in it.
Happy Growing!
I use molasses outside a few times a year, not for flavor but to feed the microbes in the soil.

I

IamN2pot

Wait, you're bong hitting FROM the Plenty?? How much of a difference does that make? Does it take away any flavor?

They do charge too much for their products (only buy them on sale/wish a coupon code). But also buy extra parts, screens, mouthpiece, etc and put rhem away, you never know when they'll be discontinued. If you take care of them, with extra parts, it could last a lifetime....
Zero flavor loss, IMHO. The water stays pretty clear in the pipe, nothing like 'smoking' a bong. It just cools and humidifies the vapor.

I

iLoveCannabis

Not sure if bro science or not, but on my first grow in tents i used a co2 bag. My temps and humidity weren’t even close to dialed in yet, and i hadn’t even heard of vpd yet, let alone how to control it. That was a rough grow for sure. I believe its been verified they just dont raise levels enough to be effective.
Good to know. I was using tanks on my first grow and was considering using the bags moving forward

mysticepipedon

mysticepipedon

Anyone remember using the iso2, Isomorizer2? I had one. As I recall, it claimed that by isomerizing the weed, washing it with Everclear and then putting the stripped plant material back into the wash and removing the Everclear through evaporation and recondensing the pure alcohol, it would make your isomerized material more potent. Something about turning one of the cannibinoids, I can't remember which one, THCV?, into THC and thus more potent.
What I think I know now tells me that the oil I made was good oil and smoking it confirmed it was concentrated. But returning the oil to the plant material making it more potent??? That may have been good ole bro science??? Perhaps it did do some decarboxilating from the heat? I remember it was powered (heat sourse) by a light bulb in the bottom of the base and temp was controlled by a dimmer knob on the front.
Anyone else have one of these back in the 80's and remember the claims made about the machine?
I found this photo online, oooh the memories, sweet memories!
View attachment 1315215
I had one of those in the 70s. We'd make "hash oil" (well, we sold it as hash oil) out of our lower leaves.

The isomerizing part had to do with putting a few drops of hydrochloric acid into the mix. It definitely changed the character of the buzz to be a bit "cleaner," but then you had to neutralize the excess acid with baking soda, then there was some process for removing extra baking soda...

Then one day, dad found it. "What is this? Is it some kind of pipe or something?"

So then I had to contemplate, in a couple of seconds, what I'd tell my parents if they ever found it, because, holy shit, they just did.

['It's a soxhlet extraction device with an air-cooled condenser.' Hmm... no. 'It allows my brother and I to produce a saleable product out of what would otherwise be waste marijuana.' That doesn't sound so good, either.]

"Uh, it removes the impurities from marijuana."

"Well get rid of it."

That was dad's usual response when he found something weird, like a plexiglass bong with multiple tubes going every-which-way.

steamroller

steamroller

One of the old examples of stressing the plant was to yank it hard to break some of the roots before harvest to help the plant use what is already in the plant as opposed to continuing to uptake new.
I never hear anyone mention this. 🤷‍♂️

Zen_Seeker

Zen_Seeker

Think I just made my own.

:Bro Science Humidifier:

I ended up with a organic hydro lettuce from one of our local stores. Decided to put it in soil since it had all the roots.

Months later it’s doing great even after removing most leaves. But I noticed that the small section 90x30x90 it shared with a clone was in the 80% humidity range while other sections sat at 40%.

Moved the lettuce into the 90x90x180 that has one larger plant and the humidity has been great the last month. Auto fan kicks in high at lights out for a bit to get back to 60%. Prior it was in the high 30’s low 40’s.

I used to smoke pipe tobacco years ago and used potato or apple slices to keep it moist, and I’ve heard others used lettuce leaves due to high water content. So I assume this is why it’s helping with tent humidity.

So, at least if you have a single plant that that isn’t making enough humidity on its own, add a lettuce! Just make sure it gets used or you’re going to have a ton of leaves turning brown.

Not sure if this only works in fall onward or if it will be an issue in spring but for now it fixed a problem and we’ve harvested over 65 leaves. Tuna sandwich time!

JadedMarxist

JadedMarxist

Supporter
Is the molasses thing what every organic grower bases all there proof on the same thing?

Ive been told almost always by organic growers that the molasses feeds soil microbes which in turn add flavor to the plant by some sort of waste they create.
? Idk if real or not but any organic bud I've gotten does not taste any better but always looks much more leafy losser buds.

I've also read somewhere that a bong is one of the most efficient ways to ingest weed and along them same lines I've heard that you only have to hold your hit in 10sec to get the most from the hit any longer and just damage without reward..

I also agree that variety is the spice for life so I do it all concentrates vapes bongs blunts sublingual edible topical.

Harpua88

Harpua88

Supporter
I use it.
No bugs.
1 tsp per gallon max.
Happy Growing!
It may add something on the nutrients side, but it may be no better than a dozen other ways of getting the same nutrients. It may also be no worse. I'm hesitant to use it indoors.......it is essentially sugar after all......but it's definitely cheap, and I have read that it has some benefit for plants, just not the "wow, your weed is just so much sweeter than anything I've ever had!" kind of benefit.

LJBB

LJBB

I love to be the asshole na-sayer but fuck that strip every leaf with a petiole and watch the flowers go boom!!!!! Trimmin is so much easier too so bro bla bla bro strip the bitches naked.
8F4CBEEC D8C5 451B 9728 55B38A53D10C
B763665C 8E23 471D ADCB 7BFE00FAB8FC
B1643578 97DB 4F01 8E8B 37F9F21C9E04
83BD170A 6AE8 40F0 8EB0 A01A9F17E696

LJBB

LJBB

And fuck the hydro store 15 bottles of expensive shit. Get yourself 2 bags of salts and learn how to push the plants the way you want them to go. Period!! Take 75%ish of the Nitrogen away after stretch and call me when your buds are fat and happy. Again period!

AnimalHouse

AnimalHouse

Supporter
And fuck the hydro store 15 bottles of expensive shit. Get yourself 2 bags of salts and learn how to push the plants the way you want them to go. Period!! Take 75%ish of the Nitrogen away after stretch and call me when your buds are fat and happy. Again period!
I feel like I found the great hack of growing weed in regards to nutes. My gardens have been nursing off the same jug of liquid fish and seaweed for over 3 years. And it's still around half full. $45 for over 5 years worth of nutes.
Each grow I spend about $30 on a fresh canister of mycos. I buy a 9lb bag of dry nutes which can last up to 6 grows for around $25 as well.

I will take the Pepsi challenge with my recipe vs anything from any hydro shop and crush it with very high confidence. But that's an ez challenge using stuff that works great vs a whole lot of snake oils

LJBB

LJBB

Damn straight bro once anyone find their path roll that shit until it don’t work right???

ezenzyme

ezenzyme

Cal nitrate plus epsom = homemade calmag with a boost of N!! Have fun with that one yall cuz it defiantly works

LJBB

LJBB

How do you take the majority of N away from your genius recipe for the last 5 weeks of flower?????

GreenGalaxyFarm

GreenGalaxyFarm

I feel like I found the great hack of growing weed in regards to nutes. My gardens have been nursing off the same jug of liquid fish and seaweed for over 3 years. And it's still around half full. $45 for over 5 years worth of nutes.
Each grow I spend about $30 on a fresh canister of mycos. I buy a 9lb bag of dry nutes which can last up to 6 grows for around $25 as well.

I will take the Pepsi challenge with my recipe vs anything from any hydro shop and crush it with very high confidence. But that's an ez challenge using stuff that works great vs a whole lot of snake oils
also big on liquid fish and seaweed concentrates along with my normal dry soil amendments

Top Bottom