expected dry weight off a plant

• Thread starter AngelBunny
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
A

AngelBunny

So ive just finished my first grow, 2 auto flowering plants, one auto skunk #1 and something else both took a few more weeks (but its not been that warm) and now ive harvested and dried both plants ive weighed them and one got 10grams and one 13grams of bud, is that normal? they where both just grown in pots in the tent, lights on 18 hours a day, just water and regular potting soil.

I was just wondering is this normal weight wise? and what can i change to get more from each plant, the buds feel fairly light to, i was thinking of going aquaponics using clay ball media for the next one.

cannafarmer420

cannafarmer420

I ♥ fat colas
Supporter
4 ounces !?! what do you grow in? What light and nutes do you use?
4 ounces even from an auto, your fucking elite!
If you veg a long time or grow outdoor yea. No typical 1 month veg or auto will do that. Some varieties are heavy yielded but not most. 4 oz is a big plant. You can have a plant have a pound on it but the veg time is a long time and genetics have to be on point

LoveGrowingIt

LoveGrowingIt

Supporter
4 ounces !?! what do you grow in? What light and nutes do you use?
4 ounces even from an auto, your fucking elite!
Thanks. I'm certainly not elite, though.

I don't think 4 oz. is unusual, but yes, that's about average for my plants. I use 5-gallon fabric containers and grow in my own soil mix. I use Gaia Green nutrients: All Purpose for veg and Big Bloom for flowering. So far, I haven't grown autos, but might do some this summer if my wife doesn't complain too much. I don't track how long they veg. I go by size to decide when to switch to flower. I guess my veg time is about two months, but that varies. I use ViparSpectra and AC Infinity lights.

Maybe with outdoor or a plant veggies for a long time but that is completely unrealistic in most scenarios. Especially with autos
Really? You think 4 oz. per plant is unrealistic? That surprises me. I think it's low. I don't grow autos, though. I've only grown photos so far.

My last run did just over 2lbs five plants all photos. 4 oz per plant sounds about right
That's more than 6 oz. per plant. Nice! I hope to get there someday.

C

climbit

I don't think 4 oz. is unusual, but yes, that's about average for my plants. I use 5-gallon fabric containers and grow in my own soil mix. I use Gaia Green nutrients: All Purpose for veg and Big Bloom for flowering. So far, I haven't grown autos, but might do some this summer if my wife doesn't complain too much. I don't track how long they veg. I go by size to decide when to switch to flower. I guess my veg time is about two months, but that varies. I use ViparSpectra and AC Infinity lights.

Really? You think 4 oz. per plant is unrealistic? That surprises me. I think it's low. I don't grow autos, though. I've only grown photos so far.

I obviously need to make the switch. I only really bought the auto seed cause the biography said it was “very easy to cultivate”.

cannafarmer420

cannafarmer420

I ♥ fat colas
Supporter

Yes I do, its an outlier number imo. You need the right genetics, veg time, space, training and a lot of varieties just have fluffier buds or golf ball nugs. It can discourage new growers when this number isnt attained as well. That's just me though

Latest posts

Top Bottom