expected dry weight off a plant

• Thread starter AngelBunny
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
budsofgeorgia

budsofgeorgia

What light do you run?
my current auto under that light and i have the light at the top of a 6.5 ft tent
IMG 20240130 175236978
IMG 20240130 175244073
IMG 20240130 175250471
IMG 20240123 174300056

budsofgeorgia

budsofgeorgia

So ive just finished my first grow, 2 auto flowering plants, one auto skunk #1 and something else both took a few more weeks (but its not been that warm) and now ive harvested and dried both plants ive weighed them and one got 10grams and one 13grams of bud, is that normal? they where both just grown in pots in the tent, lights on 18 hours a day, just water and regular potting soil.

I was just wondering is this normal weight wise? and what can i change to get more from each plant, the buds feel fairly light to, i was thinking of going aquaponics using clay ball media for the next one.
but i do feel your pain i just harvested these 2 plants first 2 pics is fast buds ztrawberrie auto last 3 picks ganja farmer skunk 2.0 auto probably wont be an 20 grams dry between the 2 plants
IMG 20240128 185040103
IMG 20240128 185055050
IMG 20240128 184403307
IMG 20240128 184412504
IMG 20240128 184435094

LoveGrowingIt

LoveGrowingIt

Supporter
I obviously need to make the switch. I only really bought the auto seed cause the biography said it was “very easy to cultivate”.
Yeah. The seed sellers sometimes say they're easy, but don't believe it. My thinking is autos are for experienced growers, because they grow so fast it's hard to correct mistakes.

Yes I do, its an outlier number imo. You need the right genetics, veg time, space, training and a lot of varieties just have fluffier buds or golf ball nugs. It can discourage new growers when this number isnt attained as well. That's just me though
Oh, I've been discouraged, so you're probably right about that. Then again, knowing what other growers were able to do gave me a goal to work toward.

I don't think I have "the right genetics" or do anything special. I think successful growing is mostly a matter of learning to read the plants and getting everything dialed in.

Grower1974

Grower1974

Autos generally yield 1.5-3oz. Anything over 2oz is winning. 3-5oz is like a trophy candidate.

My autos average 2-3oz. My biggest yielded 4.2oz.

Photos indoors usually average 4-7oz per plant.

These Bubba Kush yielded 2.8 and 3.4oz. In 2 gallon pots.

I’ve got 3 Super Silver Haze photos almost ready in the tent, and expect around 15-18oz. 3 gallon pots.

IMG 1740
IMG 2985
Sunasun

Sunasun

Yeah. The seed sellers sometimes say they're easy, but don't believe it. My thinking is autos are for experienced growers, because they grow so fast it's hard to correct mistakes.

Oh, I've been discouraged, so you're probably right about that. Then again, knowing what other growers were able to do gave me a goal to work toward.

I don't think I have "the right genetics" or do anything special. I think successful growing is mostly a matter of learning to read the plants and getting everything dialed in.
Or when they start throwing pistils at day 12 from germination. Day 20 they hedgehog. Fuck autoflowers.

G

GreenNotYellow

Hello! 10-13 per plants is perhaps okay for a dwarf but...usually you get like 550 - 600 g/m² indoors for an auto. That g/m2 means that you get this much not from a single plant and to get this much you need training. Surely autos are not that much of a trainable girls but you can still do some techniques plus fertilizers of course. But yea, I'd say single auto plant can give like 100 g at least, maybe more. Again, if the conditions fits

F

FarmerBrian

Maybe with outdoor or a plant veggies for a long time but that is completely unrealistic in most scenarios. Especially with autos
Im not sure what your talking about, I usually get 4 and up to 6 oz. Just finished a crop of cheese and they averaged 6oz per plant

Bilber

Bilber

Im not sure what your talking about, I usually get 4 and up to 6 oz. Just finished a crop of cheese and they averaged 6oz per plant
Probably a fact...!

I can grow 10 autos and harvest about 15 grams......I'm kidding.....but not really....

Autos and me, we respect one another......

They don't produce much and I don't care......

Seriously though......photos are easier.....if you screw up, you have time to fix it......

Autos need so much less, yet so much more.......

chuck88

chuck88

Light is one of the most important elements to yields.

Then there is genetics, grow medium and feed !

I use a 600w MH/HPS with a 42" parabolic reflector, 5 gallon pails with GroBucket inserts, ProMix HP and Mega Crop one part.

Six Shooter Auto from Herbies Seeds, 13.86 oz.

Six Shooter three 30 Nov 2023

Wedding Cheesecake Auto from Herbies Seeds, 13 oz

Day 124 WC one 22 Nov 2023

Gorilla Punch Auto from Herbies Seeds, 10.46 oz.

Day 104 Gorilla Punch full 31 Oct 2023

Cheers

A

AngelBunny

So what should i try on the next run? should i add another light? feed them? if so what feed? im all setup to do aquaponics with clay balls if thats something that might work better than soil? thanks for everyones help

C

climbit

So what should i try on the next run? should i add another light? feed them? if so what feed? im all setup to do aquaponics with clay balls if thats something that might work better than soil? thanks for everyones help
Try organic living soil. Search “Mr.Cannucks” on YouTube. I suggest just buying a better light not adding. You can get some valid shit for under $80.00.

JKash

JKash

Can you out GRAV The Gravmaster???
Supporter
As a beginner grower I would say stick with soil growing... it's the most forgiving way to grow...if you mess up can always recover easier compared to possibly losing a whole crop in hydro or other growing techniques

As for feeding... im a fan of bottled nutes to start out... helps you understand basic needs for a plant...
I have been telling a lot of newer growers to start with FOX FARM dirty dozen pack and add a bottle of calmag... follow dosages at 50%

Lastly your "biggest" expense should be a GOOD light don't go for cheap...your light is basically your most important piece of growing

Pilted

Pilted

I only grow photos, but I am averaging 5 oz per plant under a 100 watt SF 1000, with a usual veg time of 30-45 days. I think the bigger problem with low yields is usually too much light. Too much light will slow, stall out bud growth. Just my opinion. 😎

Top Bottom