Expecting a 'knock n talk'- now what?

• Thread starter ttystikk
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
ttystikk

ttystikk

My next door neighbor, a sour old jerk who gets his whole life's meaning from Fox News complained to the cops about how my house smells like burning rubber (bullshit- we smoke GOOD weed here!), and is now telling the rest of my neighbors about it.

I'm expecting a knock, I don't know if it will come with a warrant or not.

I let my medical card expire, it didn't have a high plant count anyway. I'm bringing my plant count down, but unless I find another home for my veg tent and cloning, I won't get anywhere close.

Ideas? Thoughts? Better yet, advice from someone who has had to deal with this in Colorado, even better if they dealt with Larimer County or Ft Collins!

chickenman

chickenman

Premium Member
Supporter
happened here rumor had it they were coming, ditched almost everything no one came....tell them lets see your warrant, doubt they will get one on that grounds...However they could suspect meth who knows...

ttystikk

ttystikk

This is more than rumor, but if I haven't already seen a cop, I'm thinking they may have told him that people smoke pot in Colorado- and it's legal to do so now.

I found a temporary spot for my clones/genetics, but I still need someplace for my veg tent. No, these are not one and the same, since I need the veg tent to grow plants to bloom ready status.

I used to run 12 plants per zone, but just one zone is my max count already. I'm taking this as my golden opportunity to switch to Trees, a la Capulator's setup. Had to dump my inside out tree experiment for now, as I've just had too much shit going on this summer!

Finally, I grow here. I do not grow mushrooms, I threw one roommate out for slinging pills, I don't do concentrates on premises, and I don't have retail traffic. I have friends over and they stay for awhile- and trim!

ttystikk

ttystikk

Unless I really chop the shit out of my op, it will take me about 6 weeks to reconfigure for four trees per zone. I can cut that by two weeks if I jerk around the run that's 20 days in, and get rid of all but four in that run. It would hurt my yield, but that's better than the alternative.

GR33NL3AF

GR33NL3AF

I can't speak for Colorado but here, in Northern CA, the police could care less unless the grow is gang related and you have children or are located near schools.

I wouldn't sweat it, you don't sound like a gang banger in the commercial marijuana business...

ttystikk

ttystikk

I can't speak for Colorado but here, in Northern CA, the police could care less unless the grow is gang related and you have children or are located near schools.

I wouldn't sweat it, you don't sound like a gang banger in the commercial marijuana business...

Through no fault of my own, there IS a high school all but over my back fence. No gangs, and like I said above, I actually strive to break as few laws as possible here. No guns, no kids on site.

The last gangster run-in I had, I let my bouncer buddy straighten him out. Never laid a finger on the guy and had him in tears...

My goal is well beyond the cultivation. I want to build my business selling growing gear. I was just re-reading Wavegem's thread, looking at his room- which puts mine to shame!- and on his thread he mentioned that while he loves weed, he's in it to make money to pursue his passion, music in his case.

We all have dreams. I just want to be left alone to build mine.

sky high

sky high

Precisely why I'm never letting my card expire. (that, and the extended count. LOL) To each their own though.
I've tested the card. It works. Puts it in a different light, IMO.

I'd be having a talk with Mr. Neighbor and would remind him that CO has legal growing/possession and that you are well within your rights/have no fear/don't appreciate his mouth/....and walk away.

good luck.

baba G

baba G

bean sprouts are tasty
Tell that old dart to suck a duck and get a life
If I had a neighbor willing to do that, you bet I'd have a talk with them. Or just continually bug them and talk their heads off til they wanted me to leave them alone. And they wouldn't come over in fear of me inviting them in for a biscuit & tea and a 5hour talk of why I love watercoloring unicorns..

muir

muir

While in the Ned cop shop, a friend over heard a boulder Co PO speaking on the phone to someone with an odor complaint. He told the person calling that it was legal and he would talk to the offender about an air filter. Stan Garnett knows he can't get a conviction in BoCo. We have a store in town selling bags to anyone off the street and using credit card processing. The whole town knows it, there have been dozens of complaints, wicked fights on FB and in the street, the cops know ,still no one has made a single move towards them. Colorado seems to be all about location, location, location. Of course pot is nearly worthless as there is so much up here.

baba G

baba G

bean sprouts are tasty
the local businesses are loving the pot boom there I'm sure!! Humboldt, Arcata in specific has so many businesses that were started off the late 1980's and early 90's pot money when everything, indoor or outdoor went for 4k a unit....ahhh, the good ole days, lol

Johnny Redthumb

Johnny Redthumb

go renew your medcard ASAP! there are walk-in clinics in Denver. i wouldnt just count on a64 to carry you. otherwise fuck em, do what you want to do. if they come, get a lawyer. but the med card is the golden ticket IMO. my indoor is over with veg and clones, and my outdoor garden is my a64 count. my neighbors also grow on one side and out here in rural larimer, its not really cool to call the cops on your neighbors for anything. folks up here take care of themselves, everyone has guns, dogs, and lots of property. you stay over there and I'll stay over here is the general attitude!

altitudefarmer

altitudefarmer

Better safe than sorry; I had to utilize several buddies in order to keep my genetics alive. That's hella risky if your buddies THINK they're good growers; I picked a couple that I taught from ground up.
In any case, it's hard to keep genetics from a jail cell, although I managed to do that last year... Haha

Best of luck to ya bro!

Mr.Sputnik

Mr.Sputnik

Get your card renewed and hold it up in the closest window to the door IF the cops show up. They usually leave once they see it. I open the door and talk to them but make sure you close that door behind your ass and have your ID with you. I had the jeffco sheriff "fuckstick" (that's what his name looks like when he signs it) try and follow me into my house when I was grabbing my ID (which you technically don't need to show at your house) "to make sure I wasn't grabbing a firearm". I shut the door and he didn't come in, not by the hair on my chinny chin chin. That's why I say talk to them out of the window, if they have a warrant they are coming in if you get the door or not. If they do have a warrant, make sure the judge signed it. North metro used to pull some shit where they would show people a warrant without a judge signature, folks would "let them in" and then the discovery reads the grower "allowed" the cops into the house.

If they don't have a warrant, fuck'em. They can pull up and get drive through.

The difference between a meth house and a grow is pretty obvious to even the "most gifted" of cops. The card does make a big difference if you get a knock. Get an extended plant count if you can and they will typically just leave without ever entering your house. The card is insurance against legal problems and they're cheap as shit these days. You'll sleep better at night with a card.

Make them get a warrant, it's pretty damn unlikely they can get one unless you are being stupid obvious like out of state traffic out the front door on a daily basis. It's your fucking right, not theirs.

Johnny Redthumb

Johnny Redthumb

A64 is for college kids that are trying to grow headstash. If you are a serious grower, whatever your motivation, money, good pot, livelihood, passionate large-scale hobby, caregiving, or helping the sick...you should still be going by A20 rules as much as possible, plain and simple. A64 just hasn't established a record of protecting growers in court yet...and I don't want to be the first to test it. People in Ned being brazen and young guys growing six monsters out in an open suburban backyard are great and all, glad to see it open up like that, but from a biz perpespective, you want all the legal protection you can offord. And if you grow for a living, you should afford all of it! No excuses!

Confuten1

Confuten1

exploitin strengths - perfectin weaknessess
Supporter
call the cops on a random address in your neighborhood with an annomous tip similar to what ur hater neighbor did, see what they tell you. basically fishing for information, in the mean time get ur card renewed.

confu

Top Bottom