Expecting a 'knock n talk'- now what?

• Thread starter ttystikk
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
ttystikk

ttystikk

couldnt you rig a second "summer" set up where you ran heat via a copper coil and reservior, or coil and fan to create a "evap cooler"? Sorry, you are way deeper than I at this point, so iff I r stoopid, feel free to enlighten me :)

You've just described a modern heat pump, where the unit will reverse the flow of heat from summer to winter.

For my application, I need separate circuits for cooling (grow rooms, house AC) and heating (see list on my last post). Obviously, reversing either of those circuits makes no sense.

I wish I could use a standard heat pump unit- I can find a really nice Goodman 5 Ton unit for under $3000!

soserthc1

soserthc1

I got no knock, and I'm pretty sure I would have been here if there was a nuisance call for smell.

Carbon filter blasts plenty of warm air, but it smells fine!

No one here has any concrete evidence of anything, per my long-standing policy of not telling my neighbors my business.

I do not and never have tolerated any drugs besides weed, alcohol (but not alcoholics!), and- reluctantly- tobacco, if they keep it outside and don't fucking litter their butts- and quit stealing my lighters! LOL

I think that means I'm pretty safe. My conspicuous consumer good, my car, is a ford taurus, lol. Not exactly a highly desirable, premium priced machine! So I don't live large. I think that helps.

And when the chips are down, I have lots of friends, who will drive through rush hour traffic to help me out and not even take gas money- you know who you are, thank you! Your generosity will not go unpunished!- and friends like these are worth more than money.

Thank is fucking awesome.....AMEN......

Dopegeist

Dopegeist

I wish I could use a standard heat pump unit- I can find a really nice Goodman 5 Ton unit for under $3000!

Should be able to for the 'cooling side' summer months, just have to have a switching manifold and some thermostat relays...or you could cool a res/thermal mass, so it just works full tilt for some time and doesn't need to cycle on/off.
Difference between marine coolers and air rads seems to be the thickness/multi wall of the cold side rad. As sucking air into the refrigerant line isn't as big a deal as sucking glycol solution.

Ofcourse, dig a big/deep enough pit, expel heat from some rads before re-entry to tank, and temps may not get too high. Same concept as closed-loop piping 10 ft under....Just different dissapative route.

ttystikk

ttystikk

Should be able to for the 'cooling side' summer months, just have to have a switching manifold and some thermostat relays...or you could cool a res/thermal mass, so it just works full tilt for some time and doesn't need to cycle on/off.
Difference between marine coolers and air rads seems to be the thickness/multi wall of the cold side rad. As sucking air into the refrigerant line isn't as big a deal as sucking glycol solution.

Ofcourse, dig a big/deep enough pit, expel heat from some rads before re-entry to tank, and temps may not get too high. Same concept as closed-loop piping 10 ft under....Just different dissapative route.

Pouring heat into the ground is only for the uncreative- I'm heating an aquaponics tank- which also has additional chilling built in so it can shed excess heat, my hot tub, my house and I bet I could set up units to heat outside spaces like my patio, making it a cozy winter hangout.

ttystikk

ttystikk

Water cooled chilling gives as many opportunities to save money heating things with the 'waste' heat it's displacing as chillers do for chilling. The efficiencies transfer, too. I think we're just scratching the surface here...

putembk

putembk

Ty, have seen your operation and frankly my jaw dropped. Why can't you come up with a business plan which will ultimately (hopefully) attract investors and start making some $$ doing this. The whole world is always looking for less expensive more efficient ways of doing things. You have a business degree in college and you certainly have a engineers mind, the two make a good combination for making money.
Once you figure out a way to manufacture your system and put a marketing plan in effect all you need is a presentation to attract the money guy. With all investing in illegal grow opps would think the same kind of investor would invest in a legal way of making some bucks on this blooming industry.

ttystikk

ttystikk

Ty, have seen your operation and frankly my jaw dropped. Why can't you come up with a business plan which will ultimately (hopefully) attract investors and start making some $$ doing this. The whole world is always looking for less expensive more efficient ways of doing things. You have a business degree in college and you certainly have a engineers mind, the two make a good combination for making money.
Once you figure out a way to manufacture your system and put a marketing plan in effect all you need is a presentation to attract the money guy. With all investing in illegal grow opps would think the same kind of investor would invest in a legal way of making some bucks on this blooming industry.

Well, it isn't for lack of trying, just apparently a lack of trying correctly. I know good and well that my interest has always been the equipment that supports the op, but I haven't been able to attract people willing to pay me.

I will keep ringing the efficiency bell, and sooner or later, this industry will come running!

putembk

putembk

I have know three different growers that make lots (so they say) of $$ overseeing grow ops for dispensaries. One unfortunately went down with the Cherry Top Farms bust a couple of years ago. He was overseeing 3 operations and had a warehouse of his own. Unfortunately all got burned down by selling out the back door. Another used to work for me until he started consulting. Don't know if he is still doing this....saw he was selling motorcycles of face book. No real investment involved here, just who you know. There are ways to make money doing this...you just have to think and react. We are certainly in the right place. lol

Dopegeist

Dopegeist

Patents...Where the money is.
Play around with your designs, don't 'publicly' disclose them (like on here [pics ,ect]) if you ever want to patent it.
Sure there are 'grow op' uses, but it is the 1001 other uses of that tech/patent that make it worth $$$.
Do it right once, and you retire.
A small slice of a BIG pie is GREATER than a big slice of a SMALL pie.

I looked into the patent process at one point, is a journey in it's own right.

ttystikk

ttystikk

Patents...Where the money is.
Play around with your designs, don't 'publicly' disclose them (like on here [pics ,ect]) if you ever want to patent it.
Sure there are 'grow op' uses, but it is the 1001 other uses of that tech/patent that make it worth $$$.
Do it right once, and you retire.
A small slice of a BIG pie is GREATER than a big slice of a SMALL pie.

I looked into the patent process at one point, is a journey in it's own right.

This is one avenue I will definitely travel, in addition to consulting and whatever else I gotta do to cover my bills!

putembk

putembk

Think about it....a consultant has no permits, no patents, no license exc..... All you have to do is promote yourself. Lots of inexpensive ways of doing this if you are aggressive and use your imagination. You can even sell your ideas to your customers once you are in and established. Go to a grow store and hang....you won't believe the lack of knowledge, and what is funny....they walk out dumber.....just have a lot of extra (expensive) shit they don't need.

summitoker

summitoker

does the amount of dry weight one has in their residence even matter anymore? i thought you could have whatever at home, but no more than 2 oz's on yourself when out and about?

Dopegeist

Dopegeist

I haven't seen any 'case law' about that yet, not sure anyone has come up in that situation and fought it. I think the lack of prosecutions since the Fall speaks some about it, though. May just be a case of big fish versus little fish, though.

putembk

putembk

The laws are so ambiguous. Nobody seems to know what is and isn't legal. Honestly I don't know how many plants I can have and be in compliance. I THINK the # is 18 bud have seen nothing in writing regarding that. Thinking this is just going to get more and more liberal and unless you are really rolling things are fairly safe. My biggest problem is I have to quit smoking while I drive. I tell myself to stop but every time I get in the truck to go somewhere I load up the pipe and go about my merry (stoned) way. Gotta go to the hardware store, time to load the pipe. lol

ttystikk

ttystikk

Just saw that same neighbor trimming his tree branches and sawing logs... with his sawzall.

Pretty much says it all right there.

dankworth

dankworth

Think about it....a consultant has no permits, no patents, no license exc..... All you have to do is promote yourself. Lots of inexpensive ways of doing this if you are aggressive and use your imagination. You can even sell your ideas to your customers once you are in and established. Go to a grow store and hang....you won't believe the lack of knowledge, and what is funny....they walk out dumber.....just have a lot of extra (expensive) shit they don't need.
Amen. I have forgotten more than anybody I have met that works in any store that I have ever been to.
"You make your own fertilizer? Crazy."

ttystikk

ttystikk

Amen. I have forgotten more than anybody I have met that works in any store that I have ever been to.
"You make your own fertilizer? Crazy."

Amen, and I'm going to do the same thing with fish in a hydro setup, and use the water to shed heat from the grow op all at the same time. In my mind's eye, I'll need exactly one sump pump and the whole thing will run by gravity. If the power ever shuts off, each level will retain most of its water, so only a relatively small amount has to be caught further downstream. A six foot long livestock trough should suffice nicely, methinks!

Top Bottom