Expecting a 'knock n talk'- now what?

• Thread starter ttystikk
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
ttystikk

ttystikk

Its sometimes nice to move every few years. Keep the neighbors fresh. If they do come I highly advise speaking for way too much experience do not say a word to them if they come with a warrant. If they don't have a warrant and you want to talk to them instead of just not answering, walk outside shut and lock your door behind you. Answer questions with questions and tell them you don't feel comfortable talking to them without your lawyer present. Don't let them intimidate you and say shit like, "if you don't have anything to hide......." they are just trying to get you to tell on yourself ALWAYS.

The exception to the rule of moving is when you've got roots in a place, or you'd like to own it. In my case, both. I learned long ago that there is no such thing as an innocent question from police.

putembk

putembk

Glad to see nobody came knocking last night. Nice to see so many peeps chiming in to give advice. I have been down stairs trimming this morning and wondering if I should still stop by today. Back down stairs for now but will check in periodically.

ttystikk

ttystikk

Glad to see nobody came knocking last night. Nice to see so many peeps chiming in to give advice. I have been down stairs trimming this morning and wondering if I should still stop by today. Back down stairs for now but will check in periodically.

Unless what they're coming for specifically includes guns, violence or hard drugs, they generally serve warrants for grows at 8am and 6pm, right at the start of their shift. This way, they don't deal with overtime.

Cort

Cort

Personally, if cops show up at my front door, I will put my drivers license in my pocket and take my chances walking out the back or side. Door locked, no keys. If there is only one car, there is generally just 2 cops, I have 3 doors. Then I will gladly listen to them talk at the property line. I wont have much to say but I will listen.

If they have a warrant they wont be knocking or talking.

putembk

putembk

Unless what they're coming for specifically includes guns, violence or hard drugs, they generally serve warrants for grows at 8am and 6pm, right at the start of their shift. This way, they don't deal with overtime.
Couldn't agree more regarding times. Thinking if they were coming with a warrant it would have been around dawn. You would have been in bed and not ready for them.

altitudefarmer

altitudefarmer

Personally, if cops show up at my front door, I will put my drivers license in my pocket and take my chances walking out the back or side. Door locked, no keys. If there is only one car, there is generally just 2 cops, I have 3 doors. Then I will gladly listen to them talk at the property line. I wont have much to say but I will listen.

If they have a warrant they wont be knocking or talking.
I was trimming in my living room a couple years ago and cops came knocking to see if I witnessed neighbor's domestic disturbance. I went out the back and came around to the front. I'm sure I smelled like fresh ganja but they didn't even ask. I did try to stay down wind. I had actually seen a little of the neighbors' episode, but I didn't admit it. They left me alone and never came back.

oscar169

oscar169

Farming 🌱
Supporter
I tell people all the time, Spend Money on Filters, 9 out of 10 times the reason a grow goes down is b/c someone calls the cops b/c of smell, spend some money run sealed rooms and lots of carbon filters, all we use are CAN 150s with the max fans on them, can't smell shit right outside the grow rooms door, that how you want it, NO SMELL :cool:

oscar169

oscar169

Farming 🌱
Supporter
And what's more, can anyone tell me how to smell the difference between15 plants vs 6?
Were talking about the police right ?, all they need is a few things to secure the warrant, the smell of Marijuana is the 1st thing they will look/check for,2nd then they will walk around and see if the power meter is running fast,3rd they all ready have that, your neighbor has called a complaint in on the grow, next they kick in the door warrant in hand

Natural

Natural

And what's more, can anyone tell me how to smell the difference between15 plants vs 6?
where you live probably who's in charge of the district you live in...it seems somewhat discretionary if they feel the need to investigate weed complaints at this point. The problem is how certain can you be about not getting a visit at all for anyone in CO anymore?
I say live by the the old school rules of better safe than sorry...we don't want to attract thieves as well as nosy neighbors..pretty much ever.

ttystikk

ttystikk

Were talking about the police right ?, all they need is a few things to secure the warrant, the smell of Marijuana is the 1st thing they will look/check for,2nd then they will walk around and see if the power meter is running fast,3rd they all ready have that, your neighbor has called a complaint in on the grow, next they kick in the door warrant in hand

...except that in LEGAL Colorado, a, b, and even c are not crimes and not sufficient evidence to suspect one. They've been burned over and over in this county and state wide so they've backed off a lot. The priority is really meth, crack and heroin/pills, as long as there are no links to any of that, they really want no part of it. The cops have understood that growers are not and haven't been the problem for a long time. Most are relieved they don't have to deal with it anymore.

muir

muir

I have ironically been dealing with the smell issue on two fronts locally. I am involved in the writing of our local RecMJ ordinances and smell is an issue. I have been explaining to the straightest of the town BOT that every person has a constitutional right to cultivate their 6 and that there was no way of telling the number of plants via odor. I also said that the odor of pot itself is no more impacting that that neighbor vegan who bitches about her neighbor cooking bacon.

Also I received my first compliant for odor from town hall . I submitted a CORA request to find out where it came from. There are 3 gardens I know within view from the back door of my commercial spot and some large ones one street over. I have been in this spot for three years w/ no complaints.

C

cctt

The Larimer sheriff has historically been reluctant to back off in the face of legalization. I know a fully-legal A20 op that was torn down, but no charges filed. I haven't heard anything post-A64, though. Perhaps it's changed.

ttystikk

ttystikk

The Larimer sheriff has historically been reluctant to back off in the face of legalization. I know a fully-legal A20 op that was torn down, but no charges filed. I haven't heard anything post-A64, though. Perhaps it's changed.

They did that a lot more than once- and they've been successfully sued more than once. They didn't have an overnight change of heart, they were forced.

oscar169

oscar169

Farming 🌱
Supporter
so whats going on with this, has anyone been to your house yet, ? Is the ass hole neighbor still fucking with you ?

ttystikk

ttystikk

so whats going on with this, has anyone been to your house yet, ? Is the ass hole neighbor still fucking with you ?

Exactly... nothing has happened. From what I can piece together third hand, my next door neighbor called to complain about smell. The neighbor on his other side, a guy who is doing a major remodel of his house, apparently spoke to the cop, too. I live here, didn't see or hear anything. My exhaust is on that same side as the grumpy neighbor, but it's a brand new fresh carbon filter AND a brand new 12" fan on it. Carbon one, smell zero. Did the cop figure out that I have a grow here? Of course, unless he's stupid. Does he want to fuck with what looks and sounds like a bitchy, grouchy old fart trying to tattle on his neighbor- except that he's 6 months too late? Yeah, right. Boy, does he have better things to do.

Worst case scenario? They're holed up a block away staking me out telephoto lens style, counting traffic at my door. They will see that this is far from the highest traffic home on the block. Evidence of a 'drug operation?' None. Other drugs? Nope. In short,

all is quiet on the suburban front.

Texas Kid

Texas Kid

Some guy with a light
What really sucks is when they come the first time and say they will be back in a few weeks or a month to check up on ya, but never come, you sit there all day every day just waitin for those bastards to come back, its a scare tactic to keep ya stressed out all the time

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
I have ironically been dealing with the smell issue on two fronts locally. I am involved in the writing of our local RecMJ ordinances and smell is an issue. I have been explaining to the straightest of the town BOT that every person has a constitutional right to cultivate their 6 and that there was no way of telling the number of plants via odor. I also said that the odor of pot itself is no more impacting that that neighbor vegan who bitches about her neighbor cooking bacon.

Also I received my first compliant for odor from town hall . I submitted a CORA request to find out where it came from. There are 3 gardens I know within view from the back door of my commercial spot and some large ones one street over. I have been in this spot for three years w/ no complaints.
I'm not sure if congratulations are in order (for working on the ordinance), but I do TOTALLY feel you on the smell thing. Out here there's also an issue with the viewshed--apparently cannabis is a VERY unattractive plant to look at.

Top Bottom