Experimental 2KW G13 4' X 8' SCROG

• Thread starter DrFeelGood
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
D

DrFeelGood

I like the idea of a center screen, but why not put two intersecting center screens instead? Cut your ScrOG into 4 instead of 2... Ultimately providing another area for center shoots to climb.

You really do not want vertical screens any where other that at the perimeter of the horizontal screen. The only reason I have one in the center is that there are two lights on it and it will not cast a shadow anywhere onto the plant. The idea here is to catch wasted light and increase the surface area. The screen you are talking about would bisect the 4' X 4' screen either along the line of the bulb in the lamp or perpendicular to that line at the midpoint which would most likely cast shadows on a small area of the horizontal screen. But there would be a bigger problem that I would expect and that would be closeness to the lamp.

Dr FG

D

DrFeelGood

just went through this thread...This is awesome...

There is so much plant on that screen I think you could have gotten away with putting 2 more 1k's over this grow it would have been REALLY REALLY INSANE!

Great work and thanks for sharing... I can not wait to see the finish.

RC

Thanks RC, it is nice hearing support from the Mods and Supermods. It has been a fun experiment!

Dr FG

Abek666

Abek666

and these are the small ones ^^ wohoo i :bow:bow:bow infront of you. You did a fantastic job doc! Now say how much do you expect the one you showed in your post yield? I'm waiting inpatiently for the monster g13^^

i whish a nice and smoth harvest doc have fun
:icon_animal26::icon_animal26::icon_animal26:

D

DrFeelGood

That is such a beautiful thing.

and these are the small ones ^^ wohoo i :bow:bow:bow infront of you. You did a fantastic job doc! Now say how much do you expect the one you showed in your post yield? I'm waiting inpatiently for the monster g13^^

i whish a nice and smoth harvest doc have fun
:icon_animal26::icon_animal26::icon_animal26:

Thanks guys! It is clear to me that I will not be getting the kind of yield I initially hoped for due to several factors- A) I think the fact that the girls are root bound is holding them back in bloom B) They never got a chance to entirely fill the vertical screens entirely due to becoming root bound C) I started alternating between fertilizing and giving compost tea when there was a little nute burn early in flower. It seems that the plants wanted to be composted less and to be able to take advantage of the nutes more. I stopped composting and they all started recovering and growing except one of them. I really think my yields are all going to be quite a bit lower than my calculated amounts. I will find out soon enough:fighting0085:.

Dr FG

D

DrFeelGood

It may turn out better than it first looked, now that I have gone through a good portion of the horizontal screen it is 95% super dense which is a pleasant surprise. If only I hadn't made the composting too soon and frequently mistake... But this is how we learn if we pay attention to our ladies they tell us that something is wrong and we have to figure out how to fix it...

Dr FG

D

DrFeelGood

You need to use these bad boys www.airpotgarden.com . I'm currently using 15L ones and it eliminates root bound issue.

I looked at the larger ones through the Caledonia Tree Company that makes these and has the larger ones but they are not available in the states as of yet. The thing that I like about these is having the water reservoir I can leave them for four days without worry about them needing water. You could use an automatic watering system with those but if you leave town and a pump dies you loose your whole grow.

Dr FG

D

DrFeelGood

I forgot to take some pics of the Sour D before we took it down, sorry guys. We are about to begin on the G-13 so here are some parting shots of this lovely experiment...:banana1sv6:

Thank you all for your interest and following along!

Dr FG

102911 001
102911 002
102911 003
102911 004
102911 005
102911 006
102911 007
102911 008
102911 009
102911 010
Abek666

Abek666

:bow:bow:bow simply superb! Nice experiment and a real nice looking outcome as befor mentioned in a post a few days ago you got some mad skillz and a real green thumb please take pics of the finished harvest this would be nice and how much the different babes yielded also would be nice a conclusion or final thoughts on the experiment and how the different strains liked it or not.
Thanks for sharing this awesome experiment i work on something in this way but just with Lst works good but its nothing this big.

have a good harvest and fun with it afterwards^^
cu doc

Abek666

Abek666

btw i would love it to sleep on this stylish kind of bed^^ it really looks like a cousch or somthin in this way

have a good harvest i think you must still be trimmin this chick up by now it must take a shitload of work to trim something like this up

is anything in there finished by now or is there still something left?

have a nice day doc :icon_animal26:

D

DrFeelGood

:bow:bow:bow simply superb! Nice experiment and a real nice looking outcome as befor mentioned in a post a few days ago you got some mad skillz and a real green thumb please take pics of the finished harvest this would be nice and how much the different babes yielded also would be nice a conclusion or final thoughts on the experiment and how the different strains liked it or not.
Thanks for sharing this awesome experiment i work on something in this way but just with Lst works good but its nothing this big.

have a good harvest and fun with it afterwards^^
cu doc

btw i would love it to sleep on this stylish kind of bed^^ it really looks like a cousch or somthin in this way

have a good harvest i think you must still be trimmin this chick up by now it must take a shitload of work to trim something like this up

is anything in there finished by now or is there still something left?

have a nice day doc :icon_animal26:

Thanks! No numbers yet but I'll keep you posted...

Dr FG

Abek666

Abek666

Hey doc how ya doing?
do you have some nummbers or pics to share :)

take care and have a good day

D

DrFeelGood

ISS- 1.79
SD- 1.91

Not bad given the things which contributed to greatly reduced yield... Now if only I hadn't composted too frequently and the plants weren't so root bound... I think It may have truly been 50% greater if I hadn't stunted the growth.

DR FG

D

DrFeelGood

I love this thread, congatz Dr

Thanks Chronic Monster, it can only get better from here! I will not veg into the screen this next run which will help to naturally keep the branches from overcrowding. I will veg them to have multiple very long branches before transplanting into the larger pots in the bloom room.

Dr FG

Top Bottom