Expert Seeds "Sweet Zombie" under 2 Gavita Pro 1700e LED's..............

• Thread starter sshz
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Status
Not open for further replies.
sshz

sshz

Today (Tues.) is 5 weeks in veg and I'll switch to a 12/12 light period starting tonight. I'm glad I waited the extra week, I feel a lot better about the potential of the room now. I can see some side branching on most of the plants now, before they were well hidden, small and close to the main stalk. I will put up some pic's at lights on in the morning.

I definitely developed some issues with the plants. I under fed them, especially N and Cal/Mag- and deficiencies developed that were noticeable on most every plant. Indica's just need more food than sativa's, and they suffered a bit at a 500 pmm level. And if that wasn't enough, reducing the pH to 5.8 for a couple of watering's also contributed to making things worse. Marijuana likes a stable pH level, moving around is generally not recommended until late in flowering. So I upped the fertilizer, and brought the pH back up to 6.3 and they bounced back nicely although I'm still seeing a small bit of visible leaf damage. I want to give it a few days before I think about defoliation- it's best to have healthy plants when you defoliate.

Someday I'll talk about a late 1980's/early 90's strain from Nevil in Amsterdam called Northern Light 2 X 5, which is also described by some as Northern Lights 5 X 2. This was my signature strain way back, which I lost in Operation Green Merchant (look it up if you don't know what that is). One mother, provided over 2200 plants as other clone mothers and clones to flower out, over a number of years. This pot had a piney smell and flavor, and if you smoked it the night before, you'd still wake up high in the morning for a few hours. I've had people puke on their first pull off a bong and most everyone would swear I dosed the pot with something. People used to PREPAY for it just to be sure they got some!!!! I could drop a few names of some major sports players that were customers too. Point is though, the genetics of the N.L. 5 X 2 had NL2 and NL5 genetics and Black Domina (one of the parents of Sweet Zombie) has NL1, NL2, NL5 and Hash Plant genetics. I found Sweet Zombie looking for the old genetics. There's no doubt in my mind this strain leans heavily to the N.L. #5. Bodhi worked with a top cutting of it for years and they were very popular. This can be a VERY narcotic smoke if you let it go long enough, that's my best description.

Quite a tangent, huh? Don't know where that came from. LOL

Contest #2- I'll put up pic's of everything in the morning, but the winner will receive multiple prizes including:

Prize #1- Inkbird ITC-608T. I won this on ICMag, it's brand new and has never been used. It sells on Amazon for around $68. This is quality stuff right here, if you need a temperature or humidity device (up to 1800 watts!) to run fans or exhaust, you'll love this.

Prize #2- A fresh, unopened pack of Dr. GreenThumb's "Turkish Cookies"

Prize #3- A fresh, unopened pack of Irie Seeds "BeBop", my next strain to grow. (quantity yet to be determined)

Prize #4- If you're a regular, maybe a SPECIAL prize too. (Only in U.S.) Sorry Max!

I'll put up the rules by the weekend, I'm thinking about changing the rules, i.e. allowing a 7-10 point move off your final number (up or down) a month from harvest. LOL That should make things more interesting. And my early number is 92, considering there's only 23 plants (not 24) and sativa's (last crop) will generally yield a bit better than indicas.

Last edited:
sshz

sshz

Prizes first.................. including a link to the InkBird if you want to know more. Both packs of seeds are Fem's.

https://www.amazon.com/Inkbird-Temp...1603816176&sprefix=inkbird+itc,aps,173&sr=8-5
IMG 0252
IMG 0253

Milson

Milson

Milsonian
Supporter
Today (Tues.) is 5 weeks in veg and I'll switch to a 12/12 light period starting tonight. I'm glad I waited the extra week, I feel a lot better about the potential of the room now. I can see some side branching on most of the plants now, before they were well hidden, small and close to the main stalk. I will put up some pic's at lights on in the morning.

I definitely developed some issues with the plants. I under fed them, especially N and Cal/Mag- and deficiencies developed that were noticeable on most every plant. Indica's just need more food than sativa's, and they suffered a bit at a 500 pmm level. And if that wasn't enough, reducing the pH to 5.8 for a couple of watering's also contributed to making things worse. Marijuana likes a stable pH level, moving around is generally not recommended until late in flowering. So I upped the fertilizer, and brought the pH back up to 6.3 and they bounced back nicely although I'm still seeing a small bit of visible leaf damage. I want to give it a few days before I think about defoliation- it's best to have healthy plants when you defoliate.

Someday I'll talk about a late 1980's/early 90's strain from Nevil in Amsterdam called Northern Light 2 X 5, which is also described by some as Northern Lights 5 X 2. This was my signature strain way back, which I lost in Operation Green Merchant (look it up if you don't know what that is). One mother, provided over 2200 plants as other clone mothers and clones to flower out, over a number of years. This pot had a piney smell and flavor, and if you smoked it the night before, you'd still wake up high in the morning for a few hours. I've had people puke on their first pull off a bong and most everyone would swear I dosed the pot with something. People used to PREPAY for it just to be sure they got some!!!! I could drop a few names of some major sports players that were customers too. Point is though, the genetics of the N.L. 5 X 2 had NL2 and NL5 genetics and Black Domina (one of the parents of Sweet Zombie) has NL1, NL2, NL5 and Hash Plant genetics. I found Sweet Zombie looking for the old genetics. There's no doubt in my mind this strain leans heavily to the N.L. #5. Bodhi worked with a top cutting of it for years and they were very popular. This can be a VERY narcotic smoke if you let it go long enough, that's my best description.

Quite a tangent, huh? Don't know where that came from. LOL

Contest #2- I'll put up pic's of everything in the morning, but the winner will receive multiple prizes including:

Prize #1- Inkbird ITC-608T. I won this on ICMag, it's brand new and has never been used. It sells on Amazon for around $68. This is quality stuff right here, if you need a temperature or humidity device (up to 1800 watts!) to run fans or exhaust, you'll love this.

Prize #2- A fresh, unopened pack of Dr. GreenThumb's "Turkish Cookies"

Prize #3- A fresh, unopened pack of Irie Seeds "BeBop", my next strain to grow. (quantity yet to be determined)

Prize #4- If you're a regular, maybe a SPECIAL prize too. (Only in U.S.) Sorry Max!

I'll put up the rules by the weekend, I'm thinking about changing the rules, i.e. allowing a 7-10 point move off your final number (up or down) a month from harvest. LOL That should make things more interesting. And my early number is 92, considering there's only 23 plants (not 24) and sativa's (last crop) will generally yield a bit better than indicas.
Love tangents!

I just dropped seeds that contain NL5. ((Nevil's Haze x Original Haze) x Original Haze). Claim to be very old school and I think that claim is credible. The "Original Haze" is direct from Skunkman Sam to Todd McCormick. Colombian.

So to say I am excited about your description of this old school Northern Lights is....factual lol. Of course a vastly different strain but there is an interesting connection there....

I am thinking that if I find a good dad from this strain I would want to cross it with Sweet Zombie because the vigor and smells coming off her are amazing and I think there would be a lot of vigor there. A lot of good parts. But that is way down the road. We will see.

Kanzeon

Kanzeon

Love tangents!

I just dropped seeds that contain NL5. ((Nevil's Haze x Original Haze) x Original Haze). Claim to be very old school and I think that claim is credible. The "Original Haze" is direct from Skunkman Sam to Todd McCormick. Colombian.

So to say I am excited about your description of this old school Northern Lights is....factual lol. Of course a vastly different strain but there is an interesting connection there....

I am thinking that if I find a good dad from this strain I would want to cross it with Sweet Zombie because the vigor and smells coming off her are amazing and I think there would be a lot of vigor there. A lot of good parts. But that is way down the road. We will see.

I saw Todd talking somewhere about how breeding with haze sorta accentuates the characteristics of the other strain, so there's really nothing to lose if you chuck a bit of pollen...

Milson

Milson

Milsonian
Supporter
I saw Todd talking somewhere about how breeding with haze sorta accentuates the characteristics of the other strain, so there's really nothing to lose if you chuck a bit of pollen...
If I manage to luck out and catch a good haze male, all I am going to be doing for the next X years is finding new F1s to make, making them, and trying them lol.

Or not. Who knows? But it's a very fun thought to entertain!

sshz

sshz

In the 90's I grew a room of the original NL #5 X Haze from either Nevil or Sensi, don't remember now. I know Mr. Nice seeds sells it now with the original genetics. The things I remember is 1) how tall it grew, 2) how well it yielded and 3) it took a long time to finish, like 13 weeks. Many strains have this strain as a base in it's genetics...... seedfinder.eu lists 13 other strains with it, but I know it's way, way more.

sshz

sshz

I'm just laughing at what these girls are going to do in flower. This will be a show.

I'm sooooooooo happy I went longer, as you can see- it made all the difference in the world. I sprayed last night with PureCrop1 again and I'll probably hit them 2 more times before buds start showing up. These now have a chance to really produce some serious weight! And maybe I'll have those UV lights the last couple of weeks of flowering to really make the resin pop.

Milson

Milson

Milsonian
Supporter
I'm sooooooooo happy I went longer, as you can see- it made all the difference in the world. I sprayed last night with PureCrop1 again and I'll probably hit them 2 more times before buds start showing up. These now have a chance to really produce some serious weight! And maybe I'll have those UV lights the last couple of weeks of flowering to really make the resin pop.
You needed to. They needed to hit the point where they did this lol. Now they will go off!

Milson

Milson

Milsonian
Supporter
God, they’ve grown 3x in mass and barely at all in height! Any plans to defoliate in flower like you did with the Orange gasm?
It's the branching dude. Just keep your eyes peeled or you'll miss the trick these girls have in their locker.

Edit: I did not mean that to come off as know it all. I'm just hyped about these plants because this is exactly what I was hoping to see as someone also growing this strain but just a few weeks ahead and in a different environment.

Milson

Milson

Milsonian
Supporter
In the 90's I grew a room of the original NL #5 X Haze from either Nevil or Sensi, don't remember now. I know Mr. Nice seeds sells it now with the original genetics. The things I remember is 1) how tall it grew, 2) how well it yielded and 3) it took a long time to finish, like 13 weeks. Many strains have this strain as a base in it's genetics...... seedfinder.eu lists 13 other strains with it, but I know it's way, way more.
How was the smoke? I'm anticipating a loonnnng flowering time.

Milson

Milson

Milsonian
Supporter
That’s what I mean about mass without height. The roots and branching on these has to be insane. I’m sure they’ll turn into octopuses after flip
Yeah. I got you. Like I said, I'm pumped up. Sorry again if I came off know it all.

I agree with you. The way @sshz grows, these girls are going late Roger Moore if you feel me.....

I'm pretty baked.

sshz

sshz

Excellent. This is a top 10 classic, for us old timers......... i also remember it stretched well into week 5 of flowering if I’m not mistaken. I was bending the shit out them what seemed to be forever. Anything with Haze can be unruly indoors. Big plants and big leaves are to be expected.

Today though, who knows how much original genetics is in there......... it’s just a crap shoot.

Milson

Milson

Milsonian
Supporter
Excellent. This is a top 10 classic, for us old timers......... i also remember it stretched well into week 5 of flowering if I’m not mistaken. I was bending the shit out them what seemed to be forever. Anything with Haze can be unruly indoors. Big plants and big leaves are to be expected.

Today though, who knows how much original genetics is in there......... it’s just a crap shoot.
Yeah. Trying my chances lol. Why not, really. The potential reward seems very high (lol) and I have very little to lose on this.

sshz

sshz

I'll start reviewing a plan in a day or two regarding the defoliation. I want to listen to Rasta Jeff's podcast on the subject one more time, then get into the plants and really see what I need to remove. Here's that podcast link one last time........

Milson

Milson

Milsonian
Supporter
Yeah. I got you. Like I said, I'm pumped up. Sorry again if I came off know it all.

I agree with you. The way @sshz grows, these girls are going late Roger Moore if you feel me.....

I'm pretty baked.
1 38sJfvtsSWAlJH7hnbHVVw

If that doesn't say "stoner james bond film poster".......

Lol.

I'm done, sorry. Back to regular programming.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom