Expert Seeds "Sweet Zombie" under 2 Gavita Pro 1700e LED's..............

• Thread starter sshz
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Status
Not open for further replies.
Aqua Man

Aqua Man

I'm sooooooooo happy I went longer, as you can see- it made all the difference in the world. I sprayed last night with PureCrop1 again and I'll probably hit them 2 more times before buds start showing up. These now have a chance to really produce some serious weight! And maybe I'll have those UV lights the last couple of weeks of flowering to really make the resin pop.
Better put a bib on them if you do

Milson

Milson

Milsonian
Supporter
Ok milson.... there is your explosion. Look like crazy green cousin its
My theory is it took longer because his were in bigger pots. I bet if you looked in the roots right now you'd find they have solidly found bottom. I saw a few roots out the bottom of my fabric pot right when she did this. The next part was very fun.

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

My theory is it took longer because his were in bigger pots. I bet if you looked in the roots right now you'd find they have solidly found bottom. I saw it out the bottom of my fabric pots right when she did this. The next part was very fun.
I was starting to question it honestly but you nailed it.... those look so gorgeous and the harvest I bet is gonna be a new high for @sshz

Dopey28

Dopey28

Today (Tues.) is 5 weeks in veg and I'll switch to a 12/12 light period starting tonight. I'm glad I waited the extra week, I feel a lot better about the potential of the room now. I can see some side branching on most of the plants now, before they were well hidden, small and close to the main stalk. I will put up some pic's at lights on in the morning.

I definitely developed some issues with the plants. I under fed them, especially N and Cal/Mag- and deficiencies developed that were noticeable on most every plant. Indica's just need more food than sativa's, and they suffered a bit at a 500 pmm level. And if that wasn't enough, reducing the pH to 5.8 for a couple of watering's also contributed to making things worse. Marijuana likes a stable pH level, moving around is generally not recommended until late in flowering. So I upped the fertilizer, and brought the pH back up to 6.3 and they bounced back nicely although I'm still seeing a small bit of visible leaf damage. I want to give it a few days before I think about defoliation- it's best to have healthy plants when you defoliate.

Someday I'll talk about a late 1980's/early 90's strain from Nevil in Amsterdam called Northern Light 2 X 5, which is also described by some as Northern Lights 5 X 2. This was my signature strain way back, which I lost in Operation Green Merchant (look it up if you don't know what that is). One mother, provided over 2200 plants as other clone mothers and clones to flower out, over a number of years. This pot had a piney smell and flavor, and if you smoked it the night before, you'd still wake up high in the morning for a few hours. I've had people puke on their first pull off a bong and most everyone would swear I dosed the pot with something. People used to PREPAY for it just to be sure they got some!!!! I could drop a few names of some major sports players that were customers too. Point is though, the genetics of the N.L. 5 X 2 had NL2 and NL5 genetics and Black Domina (one of the parents of Sweet Zombie) has NL1, NL2, NL5 and Hash Plant genetics. I found Sweet Zombie looking for the old genetics. There's no doubt in my mind this strain leans heavily to the N.L. #5. Bodhi worked with a top cutting of it for years and they were very popular. This can be a VERY narcotic smoke if you let it go long enough, that's my best description.

Quite a tangent, huh? Don't know where that came from. LOL

Contest #2- I'll put up pic's of everything in the morning, but the winner will receive multiple prizes including:

Prize #1- Inkbird ITC-608T. I won this on ICMag, it's brand new and has never been used. It sells on Amazon for around $68. This is quality stuff right here, if you need a temperature or humidity device (up to 1800 watts!) to run fans or exhaust, you'll love this.

Prize #2- A fresh, unopened pack of Dr. GreenThumb's "Turkish Cookies"

Prize #3- A fresh, unopened pack of Irie Seeds "BeBop", my next strain to grow. (quantity yet to be determined)

Prize #4- If you're a regular, maybe a SPECIAL prize too. (Only in U.S.) Sorry Max!

I'll put up the rules by the weekend, I'm thinking about changing the rules, i.e. allowing a 7-10 point move off your final number (up or down) a month from harvest. LOL That should make things more interesting. And my early number is 92, considering there's only 23 plants (not 24) and sativa's (last crop) will generally yield a bit better than indicas.

I come from the reptile breeding world and know lots of guys who run inkbird stats and swear by them. I’m glad they are moving away from the “wire yourself” setups they have been using in previous models. Although I can’t vouch for them personally as I have never used them (with thousands of dollars worth of living animals or eggs on the line saving a few bucks never seemed worth the risk to me..... same reason my incubator has a 300$ High end server fan in it and not a 10$ computer case fan rigged to a cellphone charger lol)

Madmax

Madmax

I think they are great little gadget to have. i have 2 myself (temp and dehuey)are a little different to sshz's but work the same..and have 2 more coming.the reptile ceramic heaters work okay too..depending on the weather lights off i run either 50 or 100watt..theres bigger wattage ones too up to 200.

Last edited:
sshz

sshz

Just a few comments tonight............

So today is the first day of flowering, so with a 70 day finish, that takes us a Jan 5th harvest. I suspect though it might be well done a few days before that though. I've already let everyone know, figure on an available date of Jan. 15th. The wife is very unhappy it will be a "smelly" Xmas at the house. It stinks already and that's just veg, so take note how smelly these become. I had the painters here for 5 days the last 2 weeks and the owner mention the smell to my wife and then asked me for a bud for one of the 65 year old workers. LOL The next day he said it was like "70's" weed, incredibly strong that took him by surprise and stunned him for a good long while. LOL

I wanted to check the old grow to see my comments on the stink.......here it is: "Smell: Just like Black Domina. Mainly indica, deep and rich stink. Typical, like you would expect. How about "sickly" sweet."

In reading the thread, I also wanted to share another comment. I had forgotten about this but as soon as I read it, I remembered the incident well:

"The very first time I smoked a bowl, I did one Roor bong hit and headed out to the local Home Depot. On the way, I had a slight panic attack and had to pull over to a 7-11 and get a snack and drink to relax a few. I attribute that to the earliness of the bud, it was around day 43 so mostly clear and some cloudy trichomes. Mind you, I've been smoking for over 40 years now..........it reminded me of a very good C99."

It was 1 hit on the bong and I was out the door. The 7/11 was about 15 minutes down the road. It came on, and I kind of freaked. My anxiety went SKY HIGH, and I needed to pull over, get out of the SUV and maybe walk into the store to get my mind off things. Extremely racey smoke if taken early. Anyone growing it, snip a bud at day 43 and let us know what you think. I will definitely chop a branch at day 43, 42 days away. LOL

And here's some more comments about the smoke in the end, the crop was just chopped:

"Since then, as it continues to mature and ripen, the indica buzz has come on more as the sativa buzz has left. Very calming and relaxing, I've been sleeping great. I'm really enjoying listening to music and playing the guitar some, it's definitely a chill pill smoke. It's not something I would necessarily want to go out with, drive around, shop, etc........ plan on sticking close to home.

It been 3 1/2 years since I smoked this stuff. It's all starting to come back to me. As I've said, I cut it at day 56. It was good pot. Two more weeks flowering and it becomes great pot. It was super easy to grow, but you wouldn't know it by looking at my grow so far. It like a lot of nutrients, I was up to 1100-1200 ppm for much of flowering. I also have weekly flowering pic's so we'll be able to put them side by side and compare the grows

sshz

sshz

My theory is it took longer because his were in bigger pots. I bet if you looked in the roots right now you'd find they have solidly found bottom. I saw a few roots out the bottom of my fabric pot right when she did this. The next part was very fun.

The main stem at the base of the plants is a 1 1/2 inches across, thick and woody. These plants will hold serious weight and I probably won't need netting for this grow either.

sshz

sshz

A lb of the finished stuff, look at all the red hairs.........

Image1

Madmax

Madmax

You using a carbon filter sshz.you are scaring me a little with the smell lol..sounds like i will have to keep extraction fan going 24hrs on low..

Milson

Milson

Milsonian
Supporter
The main stem at the base of the plants is a 1 1/2 inches across, thick and woody. These plants will hold serious weight and I probably won't need netting for this grow either.
I have not, for literally one second, wondered to myself "why did he pick this strain to repeat?"

It's just fire as a grow imo.

sshz

sshz

Give them some loving, spread them out a bit for more room and intensify the lighting....... and the plants will respond. The other side of the room still has some catching up to do but I'm happy where they are right now heading into flowering.

IMG 0255

sshz

sshz

Lots of leaves with the classic indica size........... tonight I’ll re-listen to the podcast and decide how much to remove shortly. I remember Rasta Jeff said plan on doing a solid defoliation the day you switch the lights back so it’s probably time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom