Expert Seeds "Sweet Zombie" under 2 Gavita Pro 1700e LED's..............

• Thread starter sshz
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Status
Not open for further replies.
sshz

sshz

I don't think you can really go by color in a copy of a picture......to me, those buds look perfect. What stands out to me is the lack of hairs- those might have gone to 11 weeks to get to that point.

Odiesel

Odiesel

They are heavy feeders...... if you'd been following along, you would have known that already. I'm up around 1000 ppm right now under the LED's, although tonight's feeding I dropped to 850 ppm. Last time I grew it under HPS, I was up around 1200 ppm for most of the grow. They like a lot of Cal/Mag too, as I'm up around 8ml per gallon on average these days.

While thinking about this, I think the lighter coloring on the plants is caused by all the white light from the LED's. I've really tried to green them up some more, and they were slow to budge. Now, when I go in with a regular flashlight, most of the plants are nicely green (not light green).
thats how my plants look i thought they were lookin light and i upped the feed a bit now they have a bit too much N at this point in flower. The LED makes it look way different than regular light

sshz

sshz

I look for burnt leaf tips as the signal when they start to get a little over-fertilized.......as of today, I haven't seen that yet so I know I'm in a good range.

sshz

sshz

Well, time for my annual prostate exam.............

IMG 0263

sshz

sshz

Actually, it's "Tanglefoot" which I put at the base of each plant stem to catch any crawling critters (like mites) trying to migrate up the plant. LOL

It's a messy friggin job, the shit gets everywhere but it's quite effective and catches anything caught in it's grip.

Milson

Milson

Milsonian
Supporter
Actually, it's "Tanglefoot" which I put at the base of each plant stem to catch any crawling critters (like mites) trying to migrate up the plant. LOL

It's a messy friggin job, the shit gets everywhere but it's quite effective and catches anything caught in it's grip.
How long does it last before it loses functionality?

sshz

sshz

It will still be sticky long after you chop you plants down........I have learned though, don’t apply it at the very base of the stem near the dirt. Go up 4-6 inches and do it there. If it’s too low, when you water, dirt will float and attach itself to it. Just go up a little higher and you’ll be fine.

Where some gloves too, it can be very messy.

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

Awesome. Then I will find where I can pick some up. Seems an easy enough preventative along the same lines as DE (physical attack vs bugs vs chemical attack).

neat thing in jorje cervantes old grow book. If you put tanglefoot on the drying line the branches are hanging from and the plants had spider mites they will exit the plants and climb up the branch only to get stuck in the tanglefoot on the line. Shows a big pile of them stuck right over the branch on the line.

sshz

sshz

I saw that too..........

Another picture from today, the room is really coming together now. I've done 4 PureCrop1 sprays in the last 8 days. I also removed around 2-4 more leaves on plants that seemed to need it last night. I just think it's better to go slowly, than overdo it and regret it later on. And, I still need to do a little adjusting of what plants where, as I don't want to see the floor from any angle (I want the canopy completely covered in leaf or bud).

IMG 1276

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

I saw that too..........

Another picture from today, the room is really coming together now. I've done 4 PureCrop1 sprays in the last 8 days. I also removed around 2-4 more leaves on plants that seemed to need it last night. I just think it's better to go slowly, than overdo it and regret it later on. And, I still need to do a little adjusting of what plants where, as I don't want to see the floor from any angle (I want the canopy completely covered in leaf or bud).

View attachment 1052387

Really looks beautiful.

sshz

sshz

So, for prosperity's sake, a short review........

9 days into flowering, lights are at 16-18 inches from the canopy depending on the plant. Room temps remain in the 81 degree range, humidity is a bit lower than in the summer running between 44% and 48%. I am watering every other day, always at a 6.3 pH. I've been fertilizing with every watering and slowly raising it, now running at between 850-1000 ppm. The dehumidifier is running about 12 hours on a day. And the new design of the exhaust system is definitely working better as I see some "negative air pressure" pulling on the plastic attached to the walls and the room door.

I got off to a shaky start, by under fertilizing and lowering the pH range too much. But I caught the issues early on, and corrected things slowly but surely. I think I've finally caught up and am back on track, and as you can see- things look great. I'm probably not as impressed as I was with the last grow of Orange Gasm- but that could have been expected because it's an indica and just grows slower and stays way shorter.

Oh, and by the way- it's definitely smellier, which could also be expected. This will be a nasty, stinky grow the last few weeks and I'll hear the complaints everyday from the wife, nonstop!

I think the saving grace in the end will be the buds should be larger and denser. I'm still not convinced I'll hit 106 oz again, and a better and fairer comparison will be the Irie Seed "Bebop" grow coming up next. Actually, my guess is 92 oz and I know I'm the winner this time!

sshz

sshz

GrowersHouse.com, where I bought the LED’s from, just emailed me that the Gavita UV’s are now available and how many would I like? Lol. I’ve asked for specs again, as I don’t know how many you are supposed to use under each LED. That’s a good sign, no more hush hush.......

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Sweet... looking forward to see these in action. Theybare LED? Or t5?

sshz

sshz

I don't know a thing about them, and THEY WON'T TELL ME. LOL

I've been asking for specs for 2 weeks, all they want to know is how many I want. TYPICAL retailer....sell and sell some more.

I'll post the info when they send it to me. But it all comes down to price. If they are $400 a piece, I'm not pulling the trigger, I can live without them (for now).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom