Expert Seeds "Sweet Zombie" under 2 Gavita Pro 1700e LED's..............

• Thread starter sshz
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Status
Not open for further replies.
Milson

Milson

Milsonian
Supporter
Id love to smell your fingers...i cant believe i just said that 😆😆😆...whats it remind you of..fruity,skunkypungent..its not a god awful smell is it .lol.
A puddle of liquid skittles after a fresh rainstorm.

The smell is incredible.

sshz

sshz

One side down now......I'll take a lunch break and then do the other side. Here's an "after" picture of the defoliation of the same side as above.

IMG 0276

Anthem

Anthem

Stretch

Sshz, this might give you an idea of the stretch with the lights raised. Plant is called Ice Cream Cakes 75/25 Indica dominant and they are 10 days into flower. I think in the future I am going to move the lights down to around 30" to 36" in Veg because I think the structure could be tighter.

BurnzYzBudZz

BurnzYzBudZz

HOWCan.i.helPYOU?
Supporter
View attachment 1056902
Sshz, this might give you an idea of the stretch with the lights raised. Plant is called Ice Cream Cakes 75/25 Indica dominant and they are 10 days into flower. I think in the future I am going to move the lights down to around 30" to 36" in Veg because I think the structure could be tighter.
No defoliation?

Milson

Milson

Milsonian
Supporter
3 1/4 hours to defoliate the room, and it’s looking a bit ragged right now........ it will take them a day or two to charge back, as it was a traumatic day for them. Happy it’s done, but it kicked my ass today.
Sounds like gummy time.

sshz

sshz

So, just some comments about today. I've been slowly defoliating daily, picking off leaves here and there that I see are blocking bud sites below. When I went in to put some TangleFoot around the base of the plants a few days ago- there was so much crap up and down the main stem, I had it in the back of my mind to do one "last" defoliation, especially around the center of the plant. I woke up, had the energy and went at it.

The good thing now is, I now know what I'm doing, what leaves to remove and which to leave. But a good guideline is to remove:

1. any unhealthy or yellowing leaves

2. the largest leaves on the plant

3. leaves with deep purple stems

4. leaves that are aimed straight up

5. lower crap from the bottom 1/4 of the plant (that is behind the rest of the plant)

Use these guidelines and you'll be way ahead of the ballgame from the start, even if you don't have a clue what you're doing. It took me 3 1/2 hours sitting on my ass to do 24 plants, it's a time consuming proposition. BUT, now the light can reach far down the branches and no more defoliation will be necessary.

Madmax

Madmax

One side down now......I'll take a lunch break and then do the other side. Here's an "after" picture of the defoliation of the same side as above.

View attachment 1056894
Uno anyone looking at these would think they are topped.that really blows me out .youd expect the main central dominant cola to b above the rest...even by a little.makes think why they are not displaying that..short stout plants like they are grown way up on the himalayan mountains lol..

sshz

sshz

I'm adjusting to it......... after 30+ years of tying plants to stakes to keep them upright, this is a blessing. I just need to weasel another foot or so out of them and I'll be good as gold. It just seems so unnatural but it's a pleasure at the same time.

sshz

sshz

Uno anyone looking at these would think they are topped.that really blows me out .youd expect the main central dominant cola to b above the rest...even by a little.makes think why they are not displaying that..short stout plants like they are grown way up on the himalayan mountains lol..

I've been thinking about this a bit........ there must be a reason, we just haven't figured it all out for sure yet. I knew where to start though-

"Auxins are a powerful growth hormone produced naturally by plants. They are found in shoot and root tips and promote cell division, stem and root growth. They can also drastically affect plant orientation by promoting cell division to one side of the plant in response to sunlight and gravity."

This is what's going on, similar to when you top a plant, it bushes out. So the over abundance of white light is causing the same reaction in the plants. That's my guess.........

Madmax

Madmax

ive used the plantz own stimulas for decades.by lsting it creates stem elongation through the auxins which are on the the dark side of plant..ive known the darker the underside is the more auxins ...more auxins = bigger plant....so just maybe there is too much light or even the defoliation is working againt you...just a thought..

Madmax

Madmax

Just imagine if that light was only 4x2 imagine the back row leaning toward it..

sshz

sshz

That’s funny, because with hps I put the smallest to the center. The plants to the outside of the room did end up taller this crop.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom