Expert Seeds "Sweet Zombie" under 2 Gavita Pro 1700e LED's..............

• Thread starter sshz
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Status
Not open for further replies.
Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Fwiw, and i don't think it's worth much, i have had them off for a few days after hitting them hard early. Plan to do just a couple shorter shots in the days leading up to cut.

Just my feel after having been on this UV ride a second time now. But this is with a much, much weaker fixture (lizard bulb).
Yeah no comparison. Not even close. You could run those all day probably

Anthem

Anthem

IR diodes are less efficient. Maybe they added them?
That would make sense Aqua Man. Kind of surprised that Gavita, of all companies, is putting so much effort into the LED technology. They must see something that many do not. If you consider their releases in the last 2 years or so, 1650E, 1700E, this UVR stuff and now this new fixture they must a good reason for pushing so many products out on the market. The Gavita's are pretty reasonable, I picked up some of the 1700e's last night and with the E series adaptor I got out for under 1.5k a unit.

NewWorld

NewWorld

So, regarding these............

AgroMax Pure UV T5 Bulb – 4 Foot
$27.95

The AgroMax Pure UV T5 provides your garden with a concentrated blast of UV-A and UV-B spectrum light. Indoor plants, by virtue of being grown under artificial light, have little to no exposure to UV in traditional setups. In many plant species, exposure to UV-B light will significantly boost and cause changes in phenolic compounds, flavonoid pigments, resins, oils, etc.
– Fits all 4 ft. High Output T5 Fixtures, F54T5HO Lamp Type
– 75% UV-B, 25% UV-A output
– 1 year warranty

1. How long do the bulbs last?
2. What's their coverage area?
3. At what height are they placed?
4. Is one light fixture recommended over another?
5. Are there other, "safer" options?
5. Anything else should I be asking?

Migro has reviewed that bulb along with 6 or 7 others.

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

So, after reading the above article, their claim is that UV-A does increase THC and plant growth, and the reasons they stay away from UV-B is the health issues it causes.
I kinda don't trust studies performed by an led company or paid for by them. To much to gain for them. Sooo many scientific sources dispute those claims.

Wavelengths of light that are shorter than the PAR spectrum [e.g., violet light and UV (<400 nm) radiation] have limited photosynthesis; however, discrete photomorphogenic effects are observed when UV-B (290320 nm) sensing systems are triggered (Frohnmeyer and Staiger, 2003; Folta and Carvalho, 2015). UV-B radiation is perceived via the UV-B photoreceptor UV resistance locus 8 (UVR8). Although UV-B represents a threat to plant integrity in large quantities, smaller quantities of UV-B have important benefits such as promoting pest resistance, increasing flavonoid accumulation, improving photosynthetic efficiency, and serving as an indicator of direct sunlight and sunflecks (Ballaré et al., 2012; Wargent and Jordan, 2013; Zoratti et al., 2014; Moriconi et al., 2018). Further to this, some UV-B responses can also be modulated by a UVR8-independent signal and UV-A radiation, since plants’ responses to UV-B light are regulated by both UVR8-dependent and -independent pathways (Morales et al., 2013; Li et al., 2015; Jenkins, 2017). UV-B light reportedly elicits THC accumulation in both leaves and buds (Pate, 1983; Lydon et al., 1987; Potter and Duncombe, 2012).

Anthem

Anthem

Considering what Sshz pulled in his last run, what did it end up at like over 3 units per light, I am forced to question how much more adding UV to the grow is going to increase yield or potency. Maybe there are other places to improve before putting so much thought into the lights.

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Considering what Sshz pulled in his last run, what did it end up at like over 3 units per light, I am forced to question how much more adding UV to the grow is going to increase yield or potency. Maybe there are other places to improve before putting so much thought into the lights.
It won't increase yield... imfact uvb can slow down photosynthesis and growth. While uva may stimulate it. The UVB has photomorphogenic effects of which have shown to increase thca content.

This is why I plan to use it only the last few weeks or at the end of swelling on.

sshz

sshz

3lbs., 5 oz per light last crop................... and things are looking a little better today.

IMG 0278

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

@sshz You make it look so effortless. Have to say the contribution you make to this forum as a member is really amazing. From your contests, to giveaways and immense amount of knowledge you hand out freely is such a benefit to this forum and its members. Done in such a humble manner without need for recognition

So thank you for all of that, just feel that needs to be said and deserves some recognition.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom