Expert Seeds "Sweet Zombie" under 2 Gavita Pro 1700e LED's..............

• Thread starter sshz
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Status
Not open for further replies.
SacredTreeOrganicFarms

SacredTreeOrganicFarms

Sacred Tree Organic Farms
Supporter
All about how they chunk out now!
Do you like the Gavita or Luxx?
Cheapest single 4 ft. fixture I found was on Amazon for $32.......... I believe 1 bulb should cover a 4 x 4 ft. area.

Sun Blaze HGC960320 T5 High Output Fluorescent 41-120 Volt-Indoor Grow Light for Hydroponic & Greenhouse Use-UL Listed, 4 ft. Fixture, 1 Lamp, 120V, Silver
View attachment 1058227
what’s the watt? It looks like a 4ft sprouting light

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Cheapest single 4 ft. fixture I found was on Amazon for $32.......... I believe 1 bulb should cover a 4 x 4 ft. area.

View attachment 1058227
Will need 4' hanging height for 4x4 coverage. Im still crunching math. But wanna make sure I'm absolutely right with it because I don't wanna fry my plants. I think I will have a new number soon

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Actually the above fixture does not have a light deflector so it's probably not a good choice...........
Can make one that effective for UV. If you watch the migro vid he explains aluminum like foil tape or aluminum foil would be best. Not white or coated.

sshz

sshz

Growbright makes one at the same price point on Amazon too........... polished aluminum reflector which should be fine.

Last edited:
Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Easier to just buy one with a shield.......... and then coat it if necessary.
Agreed thats why I bought the sunblaster. Ok I just got it figured. 100 mw per cm2 is daylight on clear sunny day at peak. At 4' these are about 65mw per cm2. So you could likely run close to full lights on period at that height after hardening off.

I dont have that height and at 2' they will cover 2x4 and produce about 170 mw per cm2. Im think about 15 min tops once per hr for 4 hrs should be plenty. If using 2 at 2'.

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Typical UVB is about 20-100mw per cm2 depending on cloud and time of day.

sshz

sshz

So you are saying I could run these for the full 12 hour on period if hung at 4 ft above the plants???? After they harden off a bit?

Not that that's what I want to do......the shorter on period for these the better I'm thinking.

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Also definitely need to hard them off slowly.... often seen when ppl move indoor plants outside. They get really pissy for about a week and some react very badly. So I would say shoot for 20mw per hr and possible increase about 10mw a day?

So if at 100 mw intensity start around 12 min per hr and work up from there.

Am I making sense? Does this seem logical to you?

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

So you are saying I could run these for the full 12 hour on period if hung at 4 ft above the plants???? After they harden off a bit?

Not that that's what I want to do......the shorter on period for these the better I'm thinking.
If at 4' but I dont think you can do that because your led will block some. I plan to hang 2 the same height each side of my led at 2' because if I hang em above it will block light

sshz

sshz

I just deleted my post......yes, there will be some blocking going on by the 8 bars on the LED's......... I guess I could attach it to the LED and greatly reduce the time on (since they'll be much closer to the plants)...............

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

@sshz i also kind feel like at 65mw per hr. Might be a bit high to run for the full 12. Since UV is peak 100mw only a few hrs on a bright clear day. Im gonna day like at 4' probably 1hr on 1 hr off would be likely closer to ideal. But without using them yet this is all speculation. Probably the most important would be to make sure your not over doing it and dial in over a couple grows to truly find the maximum beneficial amount

Milson

Milson

Milsonian
Supporter
We are still talking about quality and not yield, right? For yield I can see uva but not uvb except for some synergies with uva.

sshz

sshz

Aqua Man........I thought the video we watched was mentioned on 3X a day for 10 minutes each, or something like that???

Milson

Milson

Milsonian
Supporter
Yes, all about resin production.......UV-B retards growth, so you don’t want them on any longer than necessary.
Just making sure. Because at one point the supplemental lighting conversation had been about more stretch. But i assume that is shelved until we see a run with the lights much higher in veg?

Sorry i find i need to keep looking back at the beach towel on the shore a bit more with smoking hahaha just lose the thread a bit otherwise

🌴🌊🌊

Last edited:
Dr.Green55

Dr.Green55

Have any of you guys ran the 10k finishing bulb like the sunmaster or solistek one's, only suppose to be run the last 2 weeks I think, and supposed to produce a shit load of resin from what i'm told. But I have never used them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom