Expert Seeds "Sweet Zombie" under 2 Gavita Pro 1700e LED's..............

• Thread starter sshz
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Status
Not open for further replies.
MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

Yes, all about resin production.......UV-B retards growth, so you don’t want them on any longer than necessary.

If you are only looking for the thc bump with UVB. And to be clear. Only thc tests higher. Not cbd. And not more resin like for higher hash yield as far as I know.

many tests show the uvb was only needed in the last two weeks for the same results as run full time for the whole grow.

The solis tech finishing metal halide bulb was made for this purpose. To be switched with the hps the las two weeks only for higher thc as shown in trials. Even made with low iron glass to let more uv through.

just sharing some knowledge i acquired when i wanted to add uvb.

my tests were with 315 cmh vs hps. No one in our blind testing including me could reliably pick out the cmh bud.

funny fact. When moving flowering plants from under hps to cmh area they suddenly looked so much frostier. We were like “oooooohhh”. Then we watched all these trichomes seem to pile up so much more on the cmh side.

intil we moved an hps test plant over and realized it was looking frostier from the high cri (93 cri) with the cmh bulb. Compared to the low cri (27 cri?) from the hps.

diminishing returns come with a lot of hype. Bet no one can feel 3% (+\-) thc its mostly an entourage effect anyway.

sshz

sshz

It mentions UV on the Sunmaster BUT doesn't mention which kind..........

A Lamp With The Best Violet-Blue Spectrum For The Final Stage Of Growth
  • 600w bulb with a 10,000 kelvin output
  • Heavy in Ultra-Violet (UV) light which helps to promote essential oil production
  • Helps to add quality and flavour to your plants
  • For use during the final two weeks of growths
  • Long bulb life able to maintain a high output

I can almost guarantee you were are in the right direction with the UV-B bulbs we're looking at........ we are looking at supplemental lighting, those bulbs are stand alone lighting.

sshz

sshz

"Bet no one can feel 3% (+\-) thc its mostly an entourage effect anyway."

Personally, I don't think you get "higher", it's just the buzz lasts longer when you get into the higher THC numbers past a certain point.

And, if you've followed along- there are reports of around 28% THC increases, so at a 20% THC level, it would rise about 5 1/2% to 25 1/2%-26% THC level approx.

Last edited:
Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Aqua Man........I thought the video we watched was mentioned on 3X a day for 10 minutes each, or something like that???
1hr on 1 hr off a few times a day at 2ft with a 2ft bulb. I'm thinking from his info and the measurements given by agromax. We want about 300mw a day. He say 1 watt per meter sq. For coverage and the 2 foots are 3 watts of UVB. The 4 footers are even more.

But I also feel like because of the intensity I will be running at its best to break them up into several small doses over the day. At 2 feet 170mw that would be around 340mw for 2 hrs on time so about 1:45 hr a day is what I figure broken into small doses. Like 10 min 10x a day

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

It mentions UV on the Sunmaster BUT doesn't mention which kind..........

A Lamp With The Best Violet-Blue Spectrum For The Final Stage Of Growth
  • 600w bulb with a 10,000 kelvin output
  • Heavy in Ultra-Violet (UV) light which helps to promote essential oil production
  • Helps to add quality and flavour to your plants
  • For use during the final two weeks of growths
  • Long bulb life able to maintain a high output

I can almost guarantee you were are in the right direction with the UV-B bulbs we're looking at........ we are looking at supplemental lighting, those bulbs are stand alone lighting.
Yeah small amount of UVA in those. Again marketing that UV is one in the same and providing negligible amounts. Bit because it contains some they toss it in there like its effective.

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

"Bet no one can feel 3% (+\-) thc its mostly an entourage effect anyway."

Personally, I don't think you get "higher", it's just the buzz lasts longer when you get into the higher THC numbers past a certain point.

i think how long the high lasts has more to do with complex cannabanoids and terpenes too.

I have smoked plenty of a friends high thc tested weed he grows for his own dispensary and it hits pretty hard but goes away quick. I think he cuts too early though. But his head stash gg4 cut was at 27% i think. We are smoking his headstash.

My lower thc weed (tested 17-24% a few years ago depending on strain and grow) got me much higher than his gg4 and for hours longer.

i think its the balanced nutes keeping the plants healthy longer. He runs an 8 week cycle and flushed a week. I tend to go 10 or more with everything if the grow goes well. But still tested lower thc than his.

Dr.Green55

Dr.Green55

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

I dont know how they can recommend the wattage without hanging height. Also largely depend on the bulb used. Like the agromax produces 3 times more than the solacure and probably 20x or more than a reptile bulb. I think like any light we need to consider the DLI of the spectrum so we need to look at intensity and exposure time as the guide.

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

It is just not worth the health risk IMO. So there is no way I am going to try that stuff!!!!!!!!
Only risk is if you are directly exposed. No risk if you just don't go in while they are on. Also the biggest risk is your eyes so if you do then wear proper glasses. UVB while dangerous is no where near the risk of UVC. Long sleeve shirts and glasses and a conscious effect to cover skin is good practice. But me personally.... I can easy avoid the 10 min of exposure for the hours its on.

Anthem

Anthem

Only risk is if you are directly exposed. No risk if you just don't go in while they are on. Also the biggest risk is your eyes so if you do then wear proper glasses. UVB while dangerous is no where near the risk of UVC. Long sleeve shirts and glasses and a conscious effect to cover skin is good practice. But me personally.... I can easy avoid the 10 min of exposure for the hours its on.
If you are going to do it, get one of those long sleeve SPF shirts. I use them when out on the water and they totally work. SPF 50 is the rating I use, hat and face mask help as well. Oh and good old zinc oxide sunscreen. Think Sport makes some great sun screen. Have to scrub it off like twice to get it off, but no sunburn.

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

It appears the Solacure has 2X the amount of UVA than UVB too...... but it's like pulling teeth trying to find info. It's like they don't want you to know the details.
Yeah they are designed more for constant use. But here is my thinking. UVA may help photosynthesis a slight amount but when it also provides significant UVB then that can reduce photosynthesis and growth so to me its not worth running it for the entire grow and no need to try to boost photosynthesis in thw last weeks as they already slow down a ton on this.

I think this is why we see many experiences saying they got lower yields and higher resin and thc content.

IMO fuck the UVA since its benefit is more photosynthesis and if you run it with decent UVB then you are likely to lose more than you gain in terms of photosynthesis and growth.

If you gonna use UVA for growth then only use UVA some LEDS do this minimally so thats great. But what I am concerned about is the UVB and increase to resin and thc. So UVB last few weeks and done... I dont care much about UVA and if you do IMO buy a fixture with some already in it.

Last edited:
Anthem

Anthem

Yeah they are designed more for constant use. But here is my thinking. UVA may help photosynthesis a slight amount but when it also provides significant UVB then that can reduce photosynthesis and growth so to me its not worth running it for the entire grow and no need to try to boost photosynthesis in thw last weeks as they already slow down a ton on this.

I think this is why we see many experiences saying they got lower yields and higher resin and thc content.

IMO fuck the UVA since its benefit is more photosynthesis and if you run it with decent UVN then you are likely to lose more than you gain in terms of photosynthesis and growth.

If you gonna use UVA for growth then only use UVA some LEDS do this minimally so thats great. But what I am concerned about is the UVB and increase to resin and thc. So UVB last few weeks and done... I dont care much about UVA and if you do IMO buy a fixture with some already in it.
Sshz did you notice an increase of Resin production with the Gavita's over HPS? I am only asking because I have seen this occur.

sshz

sshz

Hard to say since I didn’t grow the Orange Gasm before...... and the Sweet Zombie won’t be a good judge either because last time I only took it to 8 weeks and I plan on going 10 weeks this time. But the O.G. sure seemed sticky to me, and long term customers did have some comments to that affect.

Dr.Green55

Dr.Green55

I dont know how they can recommend the wattage without hanging height. Also largely depend on the bulb used. Like the agromax produces 3 times more than the solacure and probably 20x or more than a reptile bulb. I think like any light we need to consider the DLI of the spectrum so we need to look at intensity and exposure time as the guide.

Yeah wasn't sure if it was accurate , but figured it would maybe be worth a read, I'm not really overly interested in the uv stuff, for now anyhow, Question thought do you know if HPS DE bulbs put off any uv-a -b or c

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Yeah wasn't sure if it was accurate , but figured it would maybe be worth a read, I'm not really overly interested in the uv stuff, for now anyhow, Question thought do you know if HPS DE bulbs put off any uv-a -b or c
Honestly none of the HID put out a significant amount. I know this goes against the belief MH and CMH do but in fact they do not. Also any glass will filter UV.

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

Honestly none of the HID put out a significant amount. I know this goes against the belief MH and CMH do but in fact they do not. Also any glass will filter UV.

Sorry a phillips cmh 315 3100k bulb puts out enough for the thc bump shown in many tests and the 4000k has even more.

Dont listen to the uv bulb sellers. 15% is much higher then needed. 2-3% uvb will do it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom