Expert Seeds "Sweet Zombie" under 2 Gavita Pro 1700e LED's..............

• Thread starter sshz
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Status
Not open for further replies.
Anthem

Anthem

So, GrowingFather had some Gavita equipment he couldn't use, so we worked out a trade and I now have the Master Controller for the LED's and 1 of the light adapters. I'll need one of those for each LED, so I ordered another one which will arrive next week. This will enable me to dim the lights, monitor the temps at the canopy level, and the ability to control the room fans with another module, among other things. Not sure I'll set it up now or wait til the end of the grow, but I'm already playing with it. Lots to figure out.....
Sshz,
A couple of things to be aware of with hooking up the Gavita's to a controller.
#1. Gavita made a series one and a series two controller. The Series two is what you want, from what I have learned the series one's did not perform all that well. Like the power goes off and the controller looses all memory. I do not use the Gavita Control, Trolmaster.
#2. The E series Adaptors, well they made 2 of these as well. I have one of both and it gets really confusing from here on. They both look the same but the newer one has waterproof connectors and it is larger. If you get the second E series adaptor and it looks different what you have shoot me a PM and I will tell you how to make them both work because they changed some stuff and you have to do some DIY things. Lastly there is a plug in one of the RS connects that you have to pull out otherwise the light can blink on and off with lights on. It should be in the location that would be for running the connection to the next adaptor. Make sure and remove all of these.

Anthem

Anthem

Cool, thanks! So it sounds like a lot of focus on terps and I'm guessing thc. Wonder what gmo is like.

This was a super helpful answer. Thank you again.
i am about to start to flower some. So far it does not grow like it should based on it being a 90 percent indica. Plant structure wise it leans towards a sativa. Leaf structure is a short broad leaf similar to an indica. Smell is suppose to be Garlic/onions in the bag.

Milson

Milson

Milsonian
Supporter
i am about to start to flower some. So far it does not grow like it should based on it being a 90 percent indica. Plant structure wise it leans towards a sativa. Leaf structure is a short broad leaf similar to an indica. Smell is suppose to be Garlic/onions in the bag.
This site says it's basically a Chemdog x GSC pheno? That does not sound like indica /hash plant growth structure to me. Idk maybe that lineage is wrong.

Anthem

Anthem

This site says it's basically a Chemdog x GSC pheno? That does not sound like indica growth structure to me. Idk maybe that lineage is wrong.
That is the lineage. BTW how many grows have you completed Milson?

Milson

Milson

Milsonian
Supporter
That is the lineage. BTW how many grows have you completed Milson?
Lol just one. But the one I'm on atm is an og kush/sour diesel pheno nirvana calls chemdog, and I have seen enough GSC on various sites to just make a guess. Sorry if I'm coming across uppity. Not intended. Just genuinely curious is all.

Anthem

Anthem

Lol just one. But the one I'm on atm is an og kush/sour diesel pheno nirvana calls chemdog, and I have seen enough GSC on various sites to just make a guess. Sorry if I'm coming across uppity. Not intended. Just genuinely curious is all.
From what I know it was a stand out when someone did some pheno hunting which makes sense by what I have seen of the plant. Kaka and Chemchris both have more experience with it than I. But I am being 100 percent honest about the plant structure. Also it is suppose to stretch like 3 times which also goes completely against a 90 percent indica strain. First time I smelled the buds it did not smell much like Garlic or Onions and the guy that had it has been in the seen for 50 years and he seemed to think it smelled like a cheese hybrid.

sshz

sshz

Sshz,
A couple of things to be aware of with hooking up the Gavita's to a controller.
#1. Gavita made a series one and a series two controller. The Series two is what you want, from what I have learned the series one's did not perform all that well. Like the power goes off and the controller looses all memory. I do not use the Gavita Control, Trolmaster.
#2. The E series Adaptors, well they made 2 of these as well. I have one of both and it gets really confusing from here on. They both look the same but the newer one has waterproof connectors and it is larger. If you get the second E series adaptor and it looks different what you have shoot me a PM and I will tell you how to make them both work because they changed some stuff and you have to do some DIY things. Lastly there is a plug in one of the RS connects that you have to pull out otherwise the light can blink on and off with lights on. It should be in the location that would be for running the connection to the next adaptor. Make sure and remove all of these.

I got 1) Master EL2 Gen 2, which is the latest and probably the one I want. The adapter is Part # 906151, and the one I ordered is the same. They do have a later model out, # 906154 but GrowersHouse didn't have them. I'll definitely get back with you Anthem when I set it all up. Thanks.

sshz

sshz

Sounds like "Garlic Bud" from the 1990's with the garlic/pepper infusion. Also heavy indica lineage.

sshz

sshz

Your sweet zombie look a little ahead of where mine were at two weeks. I think it will look very different soon!

Day 16, they had a small move forward over night.

IMG 0242

Anthem

Anthem

I got 1) Master EL2 Gen 2, which is the latest and probably the one I want. The adapter is Part # 906151, and the one I ordered is the same. They do have a later model out, # 906154 but GrowersHouse didn't have them. I'll definitely get back with you Anthem when I set it all up. Thanks.
You got the good controller.

Milson

Milson

Milsonian
Supporter
From what I know it was a stand out when someone did some pheno hunting which makes sense by what I have seen of the plant. Kaka and Chemchris both have more experience with it than I. But I am being 100 percent honest about the plant structure. Also it is suppose to stretch like 3 times which also goes completely against a 90 percent indica strain. First time I smelled the buds it did not smell much like Garlic or Onions and the guy that had it has been in the seen for 50 years and he seemed to think it smelled like a cheese hybrid.
I believe you one hundred percent. That sounds like a plant with a ton of vigor! Three times is insane....like you said, basically sativa levels of stretch afaik.

sshz

sshz

I'll need to go back to the 2017 thread and remind myself what they looked like at 3 weeks. I saw a spurt the last day or two, plenty of time to move forward if I go to 5 weeks veg. We had to figure if the LED's kept the orange Gasm so short, these were going to be a challenge to draw some height out of them. They are healthy, that's really all i care about right now.

Also, 3 of the 5 Turkish Cookies sprouted in 3 days, so I took 2 of the furthest along of the 3 and planted them in the lone empty pot. One has poked thru already- way behind but it's just a test anyway.

Frankster

Frankster

Never trust a doctor who's plants have died.
Supporter
did you steer sshz into these lights? I get the impression you've had your unit a bit longer than him.

Milson

Milson

Milsonian
Supporter
I'll need to go back to the 2017 thread and remind myself what they looked like at 3 weeks. I saw a spurt the last day or two, plenty of time to move forward if I go to 5 weeks veg. We had to figure if the LED's kept the orange Gasm so short, these were going to be a challenge to draw some height out of them. They are healthy, that's really all i care about right now.

Also, 3 of the 5 Turkish Cookies sprouted in 3 days, so I took 2 of the furthest along of the 3 and planted them in the lone empty pot. One has poked thru already- way behind but it's just a test anyway.
I honestly don't think they're going to be that short.

Madmax

Madmax

I got the el 1 controller couple yrs back as the el2 was the one they were having problems with in aust so were taken off the shelf .i contacted gavita on the subject and they didnt even know at that time.i think it was more than a couple months before the problem was fixed.the el2just does a few more things i cant remember now what they were..1 controller can work both of those lights.i like the automatic dimming and shut off and sunset sunrise feature..those controllers arent cheap .i think i paid 750 lol..

sshz

sshz

I think the controllers now sell for $495, I paid $138 for the adapter.

Week 3 pic from 2107, mine have some catching up to do considering I'm only 5 days away from 3 weeks. Notice the plant way over to left, as I always liked to have an extra around in case I need it.

Image2

sshz

sshz

Details on the upgraded master controller.......

Gen 2 improvements

Intelligent PID fan control – The PID control reduces temperature fluctuations and is also self-learning. The results are a stable temperature in your grow room and a quieter fan.

0-10V EC fan control – Modern EC fans have a much wider control range while maintaining power, torque and static pressure and use much less energy. With this small, intelligent controller, you can control your extraction and intake fans for greater precision and sharply reduced noise — with better performance.

Memory – All master controllers use dependable, non-volatile memory to store user settings.

Logging – All master controllers now have logging functions for high/low temperature, last auto-dim event, last shutdown event and last power loss, including the event’s date and time

Separate sunrise/sunset control – Set different periods for sunrise and sunset

Independent cycles on EL2 models – These cycles let you program two different, overlapping cycles (for example, a 12/12 on channel 1 and an 18/6 on channel 2).

Independent programmable External Contactor Modules (ECMs) – In Gen 2 EL2 controllers, now you can choose whether they switch on or off and which channel they follow. The results? Flexible integration and automation.

Easy
The Master Controllers are extremely easy to set-up. The two-line green OLED display is sharp and easy to read, even in a high light intensity environment, and all menu items are in plain text. The 4-button control of the menu system is intuitive. A special fifth button is added to directly set the output of your fixtures. Red and blue LEDs show you the output status of your controller ports and give you a quick view of any errors.
The wiring system is plug-and-play with all the cables you need already included with each e-series fixture. Be aware that the Gen 2 Master controller comes with a 15 V power cord which differs from the 5 V power cord that is being used with Gen 1 Master controllers. You can find more information on how to connect your fixtures to our controller here: Single Bus vs. Repeater Bus. The manual describes how you can make custom cables for any length. Different lengths of control cables are available as original Gavita accessories.

The controller is easy to mount with the supplied bracket. Two screws are all you need to install it and the controller clicks right in. This enables you easy access to the wiring at the bottom of the controller.

Safe
The most important and valued features of the Master controller are the temperature safety features. Your lamps will automatically dim when your climate control is no longer able to maintain the correct temperature. Or will even shut down your lamps when a maximum temperature is reached. These features have saved many crops already!
The control signal is a safe, analog and low voltage signal, and the controller is protected from signal shortcuts in the wiring. Wiring faults will not kill your controller.
Last but not least, the EL2F offers you alarm contacts (NO and NC) to seamlessly integrate your controller in your alarm and monitoring systems. Whenever there is a calamity (power outage, emergency shutdown or sensor failure) the alarm contacts will switch, notifying you of the fact that you need to take action.

Flexible
Whether you control two fixtures or 1000, the Master Controller will do the job. Standard, each output channel can control 40 fixtures (Single Bus e-series) up to 500 fixtures (Repeater Bus e-series), without the addition of booster modules.

The EL2F has even more features. On top of the double output ports, you can connect our ECM units which allow you to switch auxiliary equipment, such as CO2 units and heaters, during the lights-on and light-off periods.

We have a wide range of original Gavita accessories available, ranging from a booster to expand the number of single bus e-series fixtures with 200 fixtures each, to cables, splitters, and long lead temperature sensors.

Sexy
The anodized aluminum extrusion housing is rugged and compact. No more standard grey plastic installation boxes with cluttered buttons and lights. The controller is compact, clean, and some even find it sexy

Frankster

Frankster

Never trust a doctor who's plants have died.
Supporter
I think the controllers now sell for $495, I paid $138 for the adapter.

Week 3 pic from 2107, mine have some catching up to do considering I'm only 5 days away from 3 weeks. Notice the plant way over to left, as I always liked to have an extra around in case I need it.

View attachment 1041424
In case you want to abort one for being insufficiently adequate, or accidents?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom