Expert Seeds "Sweet Zombie" under 2 Gavita Pro 1700e LED's..............

• Thread starter sshz
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Status
Not open for further replies.
tomatoesarecooltoo

tomatoesarecooltoo

The strongest citrus I have smoked was a lemon diesel, where if you weren't a citrus strain lover, you just couldn't smoke it, it was overwhelming. The second strongest I think was a Sour Tangie I grew, it yielded horribly but with good flavor. I wonder if diesel somehow amplifies citrus, or if its just a coincidence.

Milson

Milson

Milsonian
Supporter
The strongest citrus I have smoked was a lemon diesel, where if you weren't a citrus strain lover, you just couldn't smoke it, it was overwhelming. The second strongest I think was a Sour Tangie I grew, it yielded horribly but with good flavor. I wonder if diesel somehow amplifies citrus, or if its just a coincidence.
The NYC Diesel I grew tastes like sprite syrup. Finicky af but corroborates your idea on diesel.

Seeing my current plants go, I feel so bad for those first round plants lol. I literally recorded a video apologizing to each of them before harvest (yeah I'm fucking nuts 😆😆😆).

sshz

sshz

Here's a pic of one side of the room at 2 weeks, the other side looks basically the same. Compare to post #65 for my last grow of it. A little behind, but not by much. I'm figuring 3 more weeks of veg will be plenty to coax some height out of these. I'll be rotating these every couple of days as the outside plants receive less light and I want them all about even heading into flowering.

IMG 0240

Last edited:
Growingfather

Growingfather

Hey sshz Can u explain a little on how u dry and cure ur buds. How often do u burp and at wat Rh and temp. Thanks

sshz

sshz

Worth while question. As you've seen, I hang dry everything in my basement initially, then move everything to large tupperware containers that I open and close often each day until it's dry enough so it won't mold up if left closed. A lot depends on the outside temps, and whether the A/C or heat is running.

In the winter, with the heat running, obviously things dry quicker. I will normally hang to dry for around 5 days, then finish trimming everything off the larger stems, then move to the tupperware. It's a pretty quick process overall, much shorter than in the summer with the A/C on. In the summer, I usually hang for an extra day or two before the trim and tupperware burping begins. The A/C also cools the room, sometimes too much so I'll close the basement vents and often add a heater or dehumidifier to the area. There is also a slow blowing fan moving air around but not blowing directly on the buds.

I do not use any meters measuring humidity or dryness of the buds. I just go by feel and smoking it in a joint. If it burns well, it's generally done enough. The burping/curing process actually goes on for 1-2 weeks after it makes it to the tupperware. I might not check it as often as time goes by, but I continue to open and close things as I'm packaging things here and there.

And I don't like to over dry my stuff, as people will complain it dried out to quick after they get theirs. I like to leave a little bit more moisture in there than others, but just a bit more. So, lets say I normally start selling things about 12-13 days after harvest in the winter, and maybe 14-15 days in the summer. I also tend to include an extra gram or two to make up for any additional weight lost after people receive theirs.

There is no right or wrong way, as long as you dry in a darkened area, it's not too hot or cold (I like low 70's) and the fan(s) don't blow directly on the buds. I do a thorough inspection every day or two, looking for mold or other issues with a high powered flashlight and past that, just smoke a piece often to observe moisture and smokeability.

Growingfather

Growingfather

Thanks
Worth while question. As you've seen, I hang dry everything in my basement initially, then move everything to large tupperware containers that I open and close often each day until it's dry enough so it won't mold up if left closed. A lot depends on the outside temps, and whether the A/C or heat is running.

In the winter, with the heat running, obviously things dry quicker. I will normally hang to dry for around 5 days, then finish trimming everything off the larger stems, then move to the tupperware. It's a pretty quick process overall, much shorter than in the summer with the A/C on. In the summer, I usually hang for an extra day or two before the trim and tupperware burping begins. The A/C also cools the room, sometimes too much so I'll close the basement vents and often add a heater or dehumidifier to the area. There is also a slow blowing fan moving air around but not blowing directly on the buds.

I do not use any meters measuring humidity or dryness of the buds. I just go by feel and smoking it in a joint. If it burns well, it's generally done enough. The burping/curing process actually goes on for 1-2 weeks after it makes it to the tupperware. I might not check it as often as time goes by, but I continue to open and close things as I'm packaging things here and there.

And I don't like to over dry my stuff, as people will complain it dried out to quick after they get theirs. I like to leave a little bit more moisture in there than others, but just a bit more. So, lets say I normally start selling things about 12-13 days after harvest in the winter, and maybe 14-15 days in the summer. I also tend to include an extra gram or two to make up for any additional weight lost after people receive theirs.

There is no right or wrong way, as long as you dry in a darkened area, it's not too hot or cold (I like low 70's) and the fan(s) don't blow directly on the buds. I do a thorough inspection every day or two, looking for mold or other issues with a high powered flashlight and past that, just smoke a piece often to observe moisture and smokeability.
thanks sshz ur the man!!!!!

sshz

sshz

Check this out.......a 7 post grow diary of mine back in 2010 on Thcfarmer. Dinafem's "Industrial Plant", an interesting strain. I just never let in go long enough to really get to where it should have been. It's basically Dinafem's Northern Lights.

Madmax

Madmax

I like dinafem too..i grew out the critacal 2.0 outdoors and yields huge egg shaped buds great leaf to bud ratio .there blue cheese grows huuge too but a little leafy but a good smoke...

You was a young grasshopper then sshz..i can only imagine how you would go today .those buds look phaat at an early age..i like low odour just helps ease the mind abit than terpy strains..

_mahavishnu

_mahavishnu

I like dinafem too..i grew out the critacal 2.0 outdoors and yields huge egg shaped buds great leaf to bud ratio .there blue cheese grows huuge too but a little leafy but a good smoke...

You was a young grasshopper then sshz..i can only imagine how you would go today .those buds look phaat at an early age..i like low odour just helps ease the mind abit than terpy strains..

feels good seeing Dinafem love on here. I’m running a critical 2.0 right now for my first indoor grow. Three other plants too but all mixed freebies, which I’m sure I’ll regret. The critical is my main focus though, got a clone rooted and two more seeds to do a larger run next time. I saw some mixed opinions on Dinafem over at RIU when I already had the seed germed and it kinda killed my thunder lol.

Back on topic though, that industrial plant looked gorgeous. Thanks also for sharing your drying routine, I’ll be back to reference that here in a couple more months.

Growingfather

Growingfather

feels good seeing Dinafem love on here. I’m running a critical 2.0 right now for my first indoor grow. Three other plants too but all mixed freebies, which I’m sure I’ll regret. The critical is my main focus though, got a clone rooted and two more seeds to do a larger run next time. I saw some mixed opinions on Dinafem over at RIU when I already had the seed germed and it kinda killed my thunder lol.

Back on topic though, that industrial plant looked gorgeous. Thanks also for sharing your drying routine, I’ll be back to reference that here in a couple more months.
I’m growing a dinafem critical 2.0 right now as well, gonna chop next week and this plant has some huge colas and smells fruity

47F9BA28 E3DD 40D5 BBCA A2770AD37A98
C1662EB1 5B19 4211 91D6 5C28161F9D60
16B31C15 CB23 4E42 95FC 89DFFDBD63CC
576586A1 8858 448C 9E27 0524A577BE29
_mahavishnu

_mahavishnu

Beautiful, stout plant @Growingfather how quick did she finish up for you? Dinafem’s claims of 45-50 day flowering sounds like absolute BS

Growingfather

Growingfather

Yea I thought it would get taller, I planted 2 white widows from dinafem as well stound the same time and those just shot up just one of them would fit in a 2x2 by itself but because of space restrictions I got them all crammed in my 5x5 . Every now and then on a nice day I’ll leave a couple in the balcony to soak up some uv(I know the consequences of taking them out)but I fucked up and planted too many seeds...lol

sshz

sshz

I grew a bunch of Dinafem stuff back then but started to see some hermies in their strains, so I backed off and went elsewhere. I'd need to check their seed list to remember which ones though.

Milson

Milson

Milsonian
Supporter
Your sweet zombie look a little ahead of where mine were at two weeks. I think it will look very different soon!

Growingfather

Growingfather

I grew a bunch of Dinafem stuff back then but started to see some hermies in their strains, so I backed off and went elsewhere. I'd need to check their seed list to remember which ones though.
Yea there’s plenty of better breeders out there. Dutch passion, sweet seeds ,etc r more along the budget breeders but sometimes u get lucky with their strain

sshz

sshz

Hella Dank Seed Bank......... ordered Sunday night, in my hands 3 days later! I think they are out of Nevada, and send stuff priority mail (2 days) for $7. And some freebies, which I have to research.

And just checked, as usual- 7 seeds per pack not 6 as advertised!

IMG 0241

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom