Expert Seeds "Sweet Zombie" under 2 Gavita Pro 1700e LED's..............

• Thread starter sshz
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Status
Not open for further replies.
sshz

sshz

[/QUOTE]
How many of these are you going to use per fixture?

GrowersHouse said if you have them next to each other, use 3 of them- one on each side and 1 in the middle. In my configuration, they recommend 4 of them. I still need to see how much they are charging for each 30 watt fixture, then I'll decide what I'm going to do, if anything.

I'm also figuring I could raise a 600 watt HPS above each LED, and dim the LED's down some, avoiding to have to buy them altogether. Run it that way in veg. Price will determine everything, at this point.

DistyDemon

DistyDemon

So if I have 3x 1700e in a row - - -, place 1x uvr led in the middle of each 1700? That's only 3. Not too bad, i thought i would need 2 per light.

Toss in a cmh vs a hps. More uvb from cmh.

sshz

sshz

I own the hps’s already, just not sure I want the heat.

Yes, for 3 1700e’s, you would use 4 of the UV fixtures per GrowersHouse, who got Gavita’s recommendation. For 2 of the LED’s, you would use 3. I know most of you also know how bad these UV’s are, for your skin and eyes. That’s the other reason for my hesitation.......

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

I own the hps’s already, just not sure I want the heat.

Yes, for 3 1700e’s, you would use 4 of the UV fixtures per GrowersHouse, who got Gavita’s recommendation. For 2 of the LED’s, you would use 3. I know most of you also know how bad these UV’s are, for your skin and eyes. That’s the other reason for my hesitation.......

They are just uva. Mild irritation at most. And while they may help with certain plant processes they do not do what uvb does. I bet no one notices a difference in the weed.

this is pure marketing. And i am going to guess costs a lot more than a uv flourescent tube. Which has uvb and uva. And is proven to increase thc.

Cracken

Cracken

you will have an increase in heat now, LED's for UV are not really efficient so they create lots of heat.
as for the mounting, unless you want to empty your room I think just on top is fine since you will not have them turned on all the time, then after this crop is finished you can look into under mounting them. For this crop maybe since the opportunity has presented it's self you could just UV one side and leave the other au natural, as a true sided buy side comparison. my guess is that you have purchased 4 lights since you are looking at the light being mounted parallel (i assume 2 per side) if that's the case, you could use zipp ties in a cross pattern at each end to attach from under the 1700s. if you dont know how I mean I will do a mockup and take a pic. I worked a full shift last night and then worked a full shift today, so if i don't make sense, sorry.
edit: eyes have focused, looks like top mounting is an option also.
2nd edit: that is not your room. you have no filter and your canopy is much denser then that. who is this imposter. back to sleep now.

Last edited:
sshz

sshz

GrowingFather received two of the new Gavita UV fixtures and it was his grow area you are looking at, not mine.....LOL

I'm so friggin confused by it all now, I may not do anything in the short term. I'm seeing some nice UVB fixtures for $250-$300 each, but I need to do more research.

The point remains though........, I can produce high quality product with superb weight, as proven by the last crop so I'm not overly concerned with adding them at this point. If I was growing for my own stash I'd be more apt to do it, but for the masses, they probably won't even know the difference.

Odiesel

Odiesel

GrowingFather received two of the new Gavita UV fixtures and it was his grow area you are looking at, not mine.....LOL

I'm so friggin confused by it all now, I may not do anything in the short term. I'm seeing some nice UVB fixtures for $250-$300 each, but I need to do more research.
Ok so UV rays increase the resin production or what? sorry to ask such a basic question but i havent actually researched too much on them in the grow.

Milson

Milson

Milsonian
Supporter
Ok so UV rays increase the resin production or what? sorry to ask such a basic question but i havent actually researched too much on them in the grow.
Screenshot 20201106 224453

From https://pdfs.semanticscholar.org/41...66.2054697584.1593035697-628302560.1593035697

sshz

sshz

Depends on the color range of the UV.......certain ranges will help stretch the plant, other ranges will increase resin production. In my case, I am trying to get the plants to grow a bit more in veg. Resin production seems fine. Bottom line is though, more red is better and we are not getting from our fixtures.

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

Depends on the color range of the UV.......certain ranges will help stretch the plant, other ranges will increase resin production. In my case, I am trying to get the plants to grow a bit more in veg. Resin production seems fine. Bottom line is though, more red is better and we are not getting from our fixtures.

uv is the far end of the blue side of the spectrum. It doesnt cause any stem elongation as far as I have read. Far red supplemental strips may be what you want.

Madmax

Madmax

What was the difference between night and day time temps sshz..did you do much experimenting in making the margin between night/days temps bigger to encourage stretch..

sshz

sshz

I'm running 81.2 degrees with lights on and nite time it bottoms out at around 75 degrees. Bigger spreads will happen when winter hits.

uv is the far end of the blue side of the spectrum. It doesnt cause any stem elongation as far as I have read. Far red supplemental strips may be what you want.

Hummmmm, you know, your right.......

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom