Expert Seeds "Sweet Zombie" under 2 Gavita Pro 1700e LED's..............

• Thread starter sshz
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Status
Not open for further replies.
Milson

Milson

Milsonian
Supporter
Also have done Ortega, SSHZ (now you know where my name comes from), Black Widow and maybe 1-2 more that don't come to mind. If you are looking for original genetics from the late 80's and early 90's, I'd go to Shanti first before anyone else.
(milson's brain exploded as he tried to process the mental switch from "ess-ess-aytch-zee" to "ess-ess-haze")

(Rip Milson)

I'm going to run some of his stuff one day. By any chance do you remember Great White Shark, Peacemaker, Shark Shock, whatever?

Last edited:
sshz

sshz

So, 9 weeks done flowering today and just 1 more week to go. I'm thinking some of it is done well enough to chopped right now, other plants will benefit from one more week. Some could use even more time probably, but they're not going to get it. 10 weeks for an indica should normally be enough. I sent some of you some Darkstar seeds, that's one indica that needs at least 11 weeks for sure.

I had to order my Pro-Mix HP for the next crop from Amazon, everybody in the area was sold out. I usually keep 2-4 bales in the garage just in case but I plum forgot to load up in early fall and by the time I remembered, it was too late. I paid twice as much as usual to get them here from Colorado (LOL), but they came super quick which surprised me. All I need is a new floor tarp and I'm pretty much ready to go (after I clean up, set up the Master Controller, etc.). I generally get right at it after harvest, I don't like to delay and waste time.

As things ripen, the sweetness smell has turned a bit sour. Not a bad thing mind you, it's just changing a bit which isn't unusal. Tomorrow for the first time I'll get the magnifier out and start checking trichome colors. I'll report on it in the morning when I open the room up shortly.

The sick plants appears to be a monster yielder, the best yielding of the bunch. Unfortunately, it still looks like shit and it's probably behind every other plant in the room. It's getting chopped along with the rest of them at the same time and everyone will see a bud in their oz. LOL I can't say I ever remember a plant turning so sour so quickly, and even after a thorough flush, remained in that sad state for the entire grow. It's in the very back of the room or I would have pulled it out for a further inspection.

The Dr. GreenThumbs "Turkish Cookies" appears to be doing very well, with the largest buds in the room. It's also in the back, so I haven't spent any time studying this one either, but others reports are the smoke is great.

Pic's in a little while after I walk the dogster...........

_mahavishnu

_mahavishnu

I’ve typed “SSH” so many times in my grow journal that I’ve slowly, tacitly accepted that it has to be SSHZ’s namesake. Made me take better care of the girl I think! I can understand taking the name too because I sure do love that one. On track to be the stinkiest by far, and maybe the hardest-hitting too.

sshz

sshz

Some single shots...... obviously not as dense as the orange gasm. But you can see they are going to be some down right tasty buds.

IMG 2309
IMG 2310
IMG 2311

sshz

sshz

By the way, these are all plants on the edge of the room receiving the least amount of light. The plants closer to the center are obviously thicker but were just harder to get to to take a decent pic.

sshz

sshz

I do take the plants towards their limit near the end, so I purposely try to slightly burn those tips to tell me I’m there and don’t need to go further. There is nothing wrong with a little leaf tip burn in the end, I actually want to see that on most of the plants.

Madmax

Madmax

Just a little more weight now.seems your in potting mix when do you drop the feed down or just give them water..sorry if ive missed you mentioning that..those bebop in a paper towel?..

sshz

sshz

I’ve been at a lower ppm for 2 weeks, now nothing but water the last week. Bebop won’t be started until I’m sure I’m ready but by the end of next week for sure. Harvest will take a day or two, clean up a day and then I have to mix the new soil. Next Thursday I have a root canal so a lot depends on how I’m feeling after that.

sshz

sshz

The pic was taken with a flashlight so don't read anything into different colors on the plants- they all look the same. Some are starting to lighten from lack of fertilizer, but overall, pretty uniform with only a couple of days to go.

And I don't really go plant to plant for a smell test. The room smell is mostly sweet with a bit of sour. I'd say the plants are pretty uniform with little difference in the pheno's- but there are some. One particular pheno (2 of 24 plants) has nodes a bit more spread out, but nothing drastic.

sshz

sshz

The plants have slowed down their water uptake, I’m now watering at every 2 days.... just plain and fresh pH’d to 6.3. The entire grow has been locked in right there. Maybe Sunday I’ll add Clearex to the water to remove the remainder of the salts in the pots. As things get heavier, I’m seeing some of the lower and smaller branches aimed downward. This is either caused by their weight and/or me knocking them them I water the room. I’m going to try and finish chopping the room in one day.Tuesday I’ll start at 9am and go thru the evening until it’s done. I’ll be a zombie when finished. And can’t wait to try some of the scissor hash too!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom