ez cloner 60

• Thread starter Jalisco Kid
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
J

Jalisco Kid

I just wanted to categorically say this is a piece of shit. If you buy one after reading this you deserve what you get. One of my patients bought one even though I tell him it's better to make one.
I have one that's a piece of shit that's 2 years old runs around 85-88* so I hooked up a chiller. Now I have a 700 and something into it. His is running a cool 96* and is not covered under warranty. Fuck those clowns. JK

20north

ya i need to build one i have all the parts and im debating using a 5 gal or my 30ish gal rubbermaid that i already took the hole saw and all the fittings are ready im just afraid the rubber maid will leak alot to the point it will be come annoying

J

Jalisco Kid

They make a container that is shallow with a lid design that works. I bought some at Bed,Bath and beyond. or I have friends that used a foam tape for installing campers on trucks and baby c clamps to seal the lid. JK

B

been

I'd rather buy the 30-site EZ and double up on the cuts.... or get the AA 25-site cloner ($140) and triple up on the cuts if I need to. I've seen a lot of people complain about heat issues with the EZ60 so it's really not surprising to me.

convex

convex

Is it really that difficult for folks to drop an air stone in a small 5 gal. tote or similar and cut a few holes?
I really couldn't rationalize shelling out hundreds for anything that can be EASILY DIY'd for under 30 bucks

B

been

Is it really that difficult for folks to drop an air stone in a small 5 gal. tote or similar and cut a few holes?
I really couldn't rationalize shelling out hundreds for anything that can be EASILY DIY'd for under 30 bucks

A good pump costs more than that (not that it can't be done for $30).

convex

convex

5 gallon tote doesnt need a high end pump - but then again I am cheap.

L

livinglegend

i like my ez's.......... i have a couple.
every now n than i throw a frozen water bottle or two in there. no big deal. pretty much 99.9% success rate too.

BUT!

i also have a 28 site made from a 5gal bucket that works excellent too.

S

Stargazer

Mine has problems, and I'm running the 30.

Temps are fine, pH is fine, conditions are sanitary.

15 days and no roots. Actually, the plants are getting kind of waterlogged.

I use RW w/no humidity dome and tap water and get roots in 5-8 days w/out fail. Also, I cut my 1" RW cubes into 4 smaller 1/2"x1/2" pieces so I pull 480 clones using only 120 1" RW cubes.

Considering how well RW works for me, and considering the inventor of EZ cloner says you need a chiller to make this thing work right and you have to throw out plugs every time, this thing will never pay for itself nor will it be "EZ"er than any other method on the market currently.

Glad I didn't pay for it.

S

snowkitty

I'd only ever make my own if someone could show me a good NON RUBBERMAID container to do it with. Those Rubbermaids lead to heat problems. I had it happen in a grow and in a DIY cloner. They can work if everything is just right but they also retain heat and can wreck the root environment esp. with a pump inside.

justanotherbozo

justanotherbozo

here's a couple pics of my bubble cloner DIY and a link to
the thread detailing how i built it, and all for about $25.00.

cheap and easy DIY cloner and what to do with the results

frankly though, i only used it for about a year, with great
success, then i found the ice-tube-tray cloner thread at
ICMag and it was so cheap and easy lookin', i had to try
it and i'm glad i did.

i still get between 80 - 95% success with the ice-tubes,
and just as fast, usually within 10 days, the differences
are it's ease of use, it's cheapness and it's small footprint,
i can now fit 54 cuts in the same space as my 18 station
bubbler.

anyway, here's a couple pics and a link to the ice-tube-tray
thread for anyone daring enough to spend $10.00 and give it a try.

World class cloner new at walmart

btw, this isn't my idea, it was posted originally on the OG
site back in the day, then on ICMag after OG went down.

note also how extensive the root system is with the tube
clones.

P5010001smll
P5010002smll
P5190011smll
P5190013smll
P5190014smlla
15799wally cloner 006
Cloner4 smll
Clone2 smll
Clone1 smll
15799dec19 2
N

noone88

I use Aerocloners exclusively, both the EZcloner and the Botanicare PowerCloner.

Some strains need high humidity to root, which makes the Ezcloner not useful for cloning. I have a strain that clones 95% success rate in the Ezcloner, but I use the Powercloner for my kush strains.

Water temps around 80 degrees does help in cloning, but your machine has to be clean. I cycle all machines twice with a hot water and bleach solution, and then dry. I also scrub each of the neoprene collars with a tooth brush.

I have found the Ezcloner to work best as a 1-2 week veg unit. You will need a water chiller if you want to use it as a veg unit.

Lastly, as stated previously, when using the machines as cloners, you can insert more than one cutting into each neoprene collar. So the Ezclone 120 can easily fit 240 cuttings or the Botanicare 70 can fit 140.

J

Jalisco Kid

I just spent 2.99 on the above water ice cube maker designed and made by the president of walmart. I have it next to my $700 cloner. I will run both for my next cycle. I have it filled with coir,coir/perlite, and perlite. I will watch the wicking for a few days. JK

justanotherbozo

justanotherbozo

I just spent 2.99 on the above water ice cube maker designed and made by the president of walmart. I have it next to my $700 cloner. I will run both for my next cycle. I have it filled with coir,coir/perlite, and perlite. I will watch the wicking for a few days. JK

i know you're no noob so you don't need me to tell you how
to grow, but if you read the original thread for that cloner
you'll find that most mixtures have already been tested over
the years and what seems to work best for most people is a
mixture of vermiculite and about 20% perlite.

personally, i've never used anything in it but the vermiculite
and perlite mix which gives me 80 - 99%, not too bad considering
some strains are a bitch to root.

anyway, good luck with the coir, i'm very interested in hearing
your results and, if it's anything like the vermiculite mix,
you'll want to keep your res temps between 78 - 84 which
seems to be the optimal temp range for this cloner.

(note the pic above with the thermometer and the bin with
the cuts sit on top of a milk crate with a lamp under it
as my ghetto heat source, lol)

in any event, i'm glad you took up the challenge as i know
you'll be fair and honest and i believe, at the end of it all,
you'll be impressed at the results you get for such small
money.

J

Jalisco Kid

Vermiculite kills it's miners,I can not contribute to that cause in any way. JK

M

.MonsterRobot.

My friend just gave me his EZ Clone 60 because he is no longer in need of a cloner... I have only been using it for a few days now but from what I have seen the cuttings seem to be doing really well... They are all perky and they stand up straight... Obviously I have not been using the cloner for long enough to really have a valid opinion but so far I have no complaints and I know many other people that use the unit with great success... I am not saying that I would spend the outrageous amount of $$$ that they charge for the incredibly simple machine because it would take no more than an hour or two to build one... but so far I have no complaints...

MonsterRobot

N

Nutshell

I use the ez cloner 30 and have never had any problems with it. Within 10 days I have thick, full length roots. I only use phd water. Dont use any rooting gels/nutrients. Keep it clean. thats worked for me.

xX Kid Twist Xx

xX Kid Twist Xx

Premium Member
Supporter
I love this thing just got to keep the temps in check 75-80 and keep it clean. it clones everything. i cant see how it could be a piece of junk. if people all over are making similiar things and they work how can this suck? the thing does pay for it's self quick fast. Some people get peace in building something and seeing it work. I just perfer to buy it and see it work. i dont mind paying for a good product. RW cubes are great but if your doing more then a few plants its very time consuming. this things rocks for larger scale stuff

Top Bottom