ez cloner 60

• Thread starter Jalisco Kid
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
J

Jalisco Kid

It worked,had no moving parts.Cost 3 bucks plus a used 1 dollor heating pad for a grandtotal of 4 bucks. My chilled cloner $700. I am using it right now trying 4 ways to see if I can get that BP to clone quicker. My bubbler is the easiest for me. JK

justanotherbozo

justanotherbozo

still nothing but borrowed access for me so i won't be posting
the entire build for a while but i thought i'd post up a couple
pics of my new clone box built to house 4 of the ice-tube-tray's
with a seperate vegging area.

DSCI1614 1
DSCI1617
DSCI1678
DSCI1914
DSCI1918
bud good

bud good

there some type of 70-80 dollar "clonebucket" on hourticultesource was think of buying i dont know if its anygood i had put together an aero cloner with a 18l rubbermaid ez clone sprayers 2" net pot" neoprene inserts and i used a swap cooler pump as a cheap alternative to a submersible pump just put a small hole in the 18l bottom for the feed line to the swap cooler pump ( the water also drain back threw it) and added flat resivour rubbermaid to hold the cooler pump... also bought a 90 dollar cycle timer most exspensive part pluss a card board box lid with 2 23-27 watt cfls it worked real good til the weather changed(winter) but ima tear it part to built a aero system and buy the clone bucket to run my clones i like this cuase all i need to add is ro water and its all good no subtrate required

G

Greents

sweet box

JK, what rooting gel are you using for the ez-clone? do you prep the cuts the same way for each system?

Do you hold the cut with the (gel?) so that it drys a bit on the stem before you place it in the cloner?

N

noone88

You don't use a cloning gel with aerocloners (ezcloner, powercloners). Some use cloning solutions or even just plain RO water.

Cleanliness and water temps are probably the most important factors for aerocloners to work properly.

bud good

bud good

yeah its ghetto but i dont wanna burn all kinds of loot on medium gels tst strips etc i just use water thats it the key is the cycle timer 1 min on 5 mins off only a couple didnt clone i think its cuase i didnt put the clones in water right after the initial cut pvc pipe was under 10$ the rubbermaid box was 8 bux flatter streilite box(for swapcooler pump) 5 bux the sprayers .30 c each 2" net pot .15c each 2" neoprene .60C each swampcooloer pump 20 bux cycle timer that can dial in 1on 5 off 70 bux... horticulture source gots a bucketcloner for around 70 bucks i think i doesnt come with a cycle timer not sure but the key is 1 on 5 off i believe... peace

N

noone88

Cycle timer isn't needed. It may help with temps with the Ez-Cloner, but if you can put the cloner on concrete ground, you'll be fine.

J

Jalisco Kid

Cycle timer isn't needed. It may help with temps with the Ez-Cloner, but if you can put the cloner on concrete ground, you'll be fine.

Only if you are foolish enough to live where it is cold. I have a friend who actually has to heat up his water. I would move south first.lol JK

J

Jalisco Kid

sweet box

JK, what rooting gel are you using for the ez-clone? do you prep the cuts the same way for each system?

Do you hold the cut with the (gel?) so that it drys a bit on the stem before you place it in the cloner?

They are in dif mediums all at 78*. I used to use pgr's that I bought from super-grow.biz. When I ran out though I ran cuts and did not notice a dif in the time of them rooting. I went to PB to get some MAP or a high P fert for a friend who was transplanting some fallen trees. I was given a bottle of juicy roots from AN. That poor kid has no clue there. So now I have a bottle of it. I used to use hormex formula #300 which had the highest indole % which was 3% at that time,but that was used on a different type of plant.
Next I want to try different temps along with dif ph to see if I notice a dif. Need to drop my plant count before I can start any new experiments. JK

G

Greents

I think all you need in the water is a rooting hormone and like you stated ph monitoring for the first 48hrs. That combined with the stems soaking in the gel plus additional time in the air to cake/dry on.

ez-clone states to set the system low and allow it to creep (with in the 24-48 as normal) to 5.8-6.3 for optimal

do you have oxygen going into your cloner? timed?

norcal215

norcal215

Garden of Dreams Seed Co
i like my ez's.......... i have a couple.
every now n than i throw a frozen water bottle or two in there. no big deal. pretty much 99.9% success rate too.

BUT!

i also have a 28 site made from a 5gal bucket that works excellent too.

I concure i have an average loss of 2 clones on my ez 120 frozen bottle of water works great, all i use in 12 gallons of water is 1 cap of super thrive and 1 cap of hydrozyme roots show in 8 days

J

Jalisco Kid

120 has a dif pump less heat this bitch was about the ez 60.

Crysmatic

Crysmatic

i'm planning a room, and i had an ez cloner on my list...it's now crossed off. thank you!

F

Foxfarmfreak

EZClones are GREAT, you just have to know how to use them, Yes, if the pump is running too hot, write them and tell them, they will more than likely make it right, if not, get a different pump, I have a 30 and a 60, and get 100% roots all the time, 5 gal of R/O water and 200 ml of clonex and keep the water at 70 - 75 and its all good.....Just my 2 cents
Peace FFF

B

Bobby Smith

I concure i have an average loss of 2 clones on my ez 120 frozen bottle of water works great, all i use in 12 gallons of water is 1 cap of super thrive and 1 cap of hydrozyme roots show in 8 days

Hey everybody, just ordered an EZ 120 this morning and have some questions (if you folks don't mind an old thread being revived).

1) Seems as though most people think they run a little too hot - did you gents have trouble keeping yours at 78? I was thinking I might have to put a heater in there to get to that temp, but now it sounds like I'll need cooling, if anything.

2) What cycle do you guys use with the EZ Cloner? Some leave it on 24/7, some run a 1 minute on/5 minutes off cycle (from what I understand, just trying to clear that up) - have cloned in every possible way save for aero/misters/whatever the hell you wanna call it (I understand it's not "true" aero because of the rez, but whatever).

3) Is it truly possible to "double up" on clones? I take extremely small clones anyways (1-2"), so is this really feasible? Was gonna order another in a week or two, but if I can double up, that'd be sweet :cool0010:

4) Noticed in the NGW catalog (2010) the EZ 120 had a 1200GPH pump, but the one I've purchased has a 950GPH pump - will this alleviate a decent amount of the heat issues that most seem to have dealt with?

Sorry for all the questions, but this is an area (aero, or whatever you'd call it) to which I am totally unfamiliar and I'm trying to get my ducks in a row sooner rather than later.

Thanks,
Bob

SmokeyPipes

SmokeyPipes

1)The pump generates heat,so unless it's really cold in your room it can be a problem,add ice water or frozen water bottle if needed.

2)Really have to figure out what works best for you and your grow room enviroment,and how often your able to check on them,will encounter more heat issues running it 24/7

3)Have never done it my self,but have a homie who has,and worked for him,maybe try a run with a few doubled up and see how it work

B

Bobby Smith

1)The pump generates heat,so unless it's really cold in your room it can be a problem,add ice water or frozen water bottle if needed.

2)Really have to figure out what works best for you and your grow room enviroment,and how often your able to check on them,will encounter more heat issues running it 24/7

3)Have never done it my self,but have a homie who has,and worked for him,maybe try a run with a few doubled up and see how it work

Thanks dude, really appreciate it.

Thinking that 1 minute on/ 5 minutes off cycle (or even a different pump, as most people seem to think that they're oversized for the application) would "hopefully" keep the temps in check, but time will tell.

Would suck to have to buy a different pump for the expensive piece of equipment I just bought, but I won't lose any sleep if that's what I need to do.

Top Bottom