ez cloner 60

• Thread starter Jalisco Kid
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
wonka

wonka

i run my ez-60 a 1/2 on - 1/2 off to deal with the heat of the pump...... w.wonka

SmokeyPipes

SmokeyPipes

Yeah,like I said just keep an eye on them at first,when my buddy bought his a couple years ago.we were using the timer and for some reason when it would turn on,it would would kick pretty hard and had two pumps impellar break to pieces on us,So we lost a couple batches due to pump failure,was most likely a power issue,but none the less,learned a lesson.

E

EduardoSanchez

I seem to be having problems with mine. Trying from start with balanced ph water with nothing else and trying to keep temp down by inserting tubs of ice. Nothing. What should I be doing or not doing? I have some ez gel, jump start, root excellurator from cloning before, should i use any of these to start or just reg water, or ph water? If you could kick down some knowledge to me that would be helpful, really not liking this investment at the moment. Thanks for your time.

B

Bobby Smith

Well I'm probably not the guy to give you first-hand knowledge as I roasted my first batch of clones in my EZ 120, but in the interim I've bought a short cycle timer and also a 1/15HP chiller for it (although I doubt I'm gonna hook that up so it was another waste of money, but we'll see - taking another 120 today).

I'm gonna have to play with it, but I'm thinking a 30 seconds on / 2 (or 3) minutes off cycle should help keep the temps down pretty good.

Unless your veg room temps are <70F, I don't see how you can run a pump 24/7 without a chiller attached - from everything I've read, the 60 is the worst of the 3 models for heat from the pump.

Str8Dank

Str8Dank

yep,

I've had good success with this system. using rooters but as far as a cloner goes this thing worked well.

T

Th3Jungl3Boy

I made my own and I spent around $70.
IMG_05572.JPG
IMG_05563.JPG
IMG_05544.JPG
IMG_05534.JPG
IMG_05491.JPG
IMG_05522.JPG
IMG_05482.JPG
IMG_05461.JPG

J

Jalisco Kid

Where did you source the container and how much was it? JK

B

Bobby Smith

Where did you source the container and how much was it? JK

Lol, I think we were all wondering that question.

An add-on to that is "have you filled it with water, and if so, how did it hold up?"

Was it flexing much?

Do they make a larger size?

T

Th3Jungl3Boy

Lol, I think we were all wondering that question.

An add-on to that is "have you filled it with water, and if so, how did it hold up?"

Was it flexing much?

Do they make a larger size?

The container is SUPER STRONG and it holds just fine.
The biggest one they have available is 64 Liter, almost 17 Gallons.
The only problem I found using this container was to seal it, as it was leaking a little bit on the side.
To fix it, I had to cut off the inside lid as you can see in the photo, making the lid go further down no letting the water go through to the other side.
I also used polyethylene foam inside to avoid any leaks, as the side of the container is very skinny and was the only place I had problem.
The polyethylene foam cost $2 at Home Depot.
IMG_05675.JPG
IMG_05692.JPG

Top Bottom