F1 autoflower early flowering stage - what issue do you think i have?

• Thread starter Waffleman
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Captspaulding

Captspaulding

What’s the matter? Don’t like clowns? 🤡
Supporter
Haha great thanks! Yea this is opening a whole other world of nuance when it comes to growing. As this is only my second grow its awesome to already be exposed to it.
Hey man, cool thing is, folks around here love to see new folks coax the best of these strains out sooner than later. A great group of people here with a ton of years of experience collectively. Glad we have been able to help ya out. I want to see the flower show you have around the corner! Hit us up whenever homie! Welcome to the farm btw. 👊🏻🤡

Waffleman

Waffleman

i think what you saw was the beginning of light stress though you treated the plant with flushing thinking lockout,. the brown dry spots on your leaves showed up after flushing as i can see the effects from flushing or watering too frequently,.
just raise your light and continue on but careful not to water them to soon, its ok for a plant to miss a day or two for watering but water a day or two to early and issues can ruin your grow,..
start following your feed schedule at 3-4 weeks,.
you say growing in a 5 litre bag you sure? if so 2000-2500ml give or take would be enough water,..
My apologies i went to doublecheck and its a 5 gallon fabric pot not a 5L pot. But in any case I'm just going to water it less per session than what I have been and build up from there but erring on the side of less rather than more.

Waffleman

Waffleman

Hey man, cool thing is, folks around here love to see new folks coax the best of these strains out sooner than later. A great group of people here with a ton of years of experience collectively. Glad we have been able to help ya out. I want to see the flower show you have around the corner! Hit us up whenever homie! Welcome to the farm btw. 👊🏻🤡
Big thanks I will definitely post some follow up pics, hopefully it still comes out ok 😅 But for sure if the problem doesn't seem to get better I will come back for some more slices of wisdom.

This was also the first time I did this type of LST where I bent the main stalk down to try and create this even canopy. Not sure if its a good strat, but its been interesting to try it out.

Captspaulding

Captspaulding

What’s the matter? Don’t like clowns? 🤡
Supporter
Big thanks I will definitely post some follow up pics, hopefully it still comes out ok 😅 But for sure if the problem doesn't seem to get better I will come back for some more slices of wisdom.

This was also the first time I did this type of LST where I bent the main stalk down to try and create this even canopy. Not sure if it’s a good strat, but it’s been interesting to try it out.
I let and super crop like crazy my dude. Carry on!

IMG 2601
IMG 2600
IMG 2599
IMG 2597
IMG 2596
IMG 2595
IMG 2594
IMG 2588
IMG 2590
IMG 2589
GNick55

GNick55

Staff
Supporter
My apologies i went to doublecheck and its a 5 gallon fabric pot not a 5L pot. But in any case I'm just going to water it less per session than what I have been and build up from there but erring on the side of less rather than more.
5 gallon bag will need between 3000ml to 4000ml to water properly,..

Waffleman

Waffleman

Thought I'd send a little update since then.

What was the situation like and what did I change:

Previous situation:

- Lights at 12 inches from the canopy at 100% (according to the light's manual which I learned is wildly simplified)
- This is my first indoor growth, read somewhere you should always water till 15-20% runoff (during veg stage), so thats what I had been doing (most likely overwatering it due to this)

Current situation (photos):

- Lights at like 30 inches + dimmer set to 80%
- Watered 2 days ago, did so until like 1 or 2 drops came out of the bottom rather than 15-20% run off

Things I noticed, the plant seems a bit more lively although probably needs more time still. When I first posted here I noticed especially that my new fan leaves would be super droopy. They have now undrooped, which I take as a good sign. I also noticed that the pot feels a lot lighter faster. Like I could honestly feed it again today but might wait till tomorrow. Just to give it a little more time.

When I was basically flush feeding (new term xD) it before it seemed like the soil took a lot longer to dry.

Thanks again for all the feedback. I'll keep an eye on the progress

Signal 2024 02 03 102941 002
Signal 2024 02 03 102941 003
Justlovetogrow

Justlovetogrow

and stop using the internet for marijuana research, trust me i see soooo many that have no real clue about growing, especially lots of you tube videos with huge grows acting like a know it all when in fact just clueless,..
lots of experienced growers/breeders who are willing to help out here on the farm with posts of their own grows as proof for you to see and decide for yourself,..
everyone is really cool here other than me haha
we’re all welcoming so join in on threads,..
Hey bit hard on yourself @GNick55 your one of the coolest Fkn guys on here the hash god some may say with I dare say the best music collection of anyone on the farm plus you helped me grow good weed 😂👍

Fromunda506

Fromunda506

Thought I'd send a little update since then.

What was the situation like and what did I change:

Previous situation:

- Lights at 12 inches from the canopy at 100% (according to the light's manual which I learned is wildly simplified)
- This is my first indoor growth, read somewhere you should always water till 15-20% runoff (during veg stage), so thats what I had been doing (most likely overwatering it due to this)

Current situation (photos):

- Lights at like 30 inches + dimmer set to 80%
- Watered 2 days ago, did so until like 1 or 2 drops came out of the bottom rather than 15-20% run off

Things I noticed, the plant seems a bit more lively although probably needs more time still. When I first posted here I noticed especially that my new fan leaves would be super droopy. They have now undrooped, which I take as a good sign. I also noticed that the pot feels a lot lighter faster. Like I could honestly feed it again today but might wait till tomorrow. Just to give it a little more time.

When I was basically flush feeding (new term xD) it before it seemed like the soil took a lot longer to dry.

Thanks again for all the feedback. I'll keep an eye on the progress
Looking much better my man. Setting some nice flowers for ya. What you are doing now is how you master growing. Keep your journal updated and let some of the jedi growers that hang around here help you keep her dialed in. Just try not to get distracted by noise on the web and on a lot of these threads. You have some extremely knowledgeable hands helping you here. Listen to them.

Waffleman

Waffleman

Looking much better my man. Setting some nice flowers for ya. What you are doing now is how you master growing. Keep your journal updated and let some of the jedi growers that hang around here help you keep her dialed in. Just try not to get distracted by noise on the web and on a lot of these threads. You have some extremely knowledgeable hands helping you here. Listen to them.
Thank you defo will ;) I love the process of growing tbh, the plants and buds imo look really beautiful. And the fact that you can manipulate the plant with LST and create some cool canopies really keeps me trying again.

Looking forward to having some grows with 0 problems :p

Fromunda506

Fromunda506

Thank you defo will ;) I love the process of growing tbh, the plants and buds imo look really beautiful. And the fact that you can manipulate the plant with LST and create some cool canopies really keeps me trying again.

You’ll get there. These days, I don’t even necessarily shoot for zero problems. I just make sure I know what the issue is if there is one and whether it’s something serious I need to deal with or whether it’s something minor that she needs to deal with.

Waffleman

Waffleman

You’ll get there. These days, I don’t even necessarily shoot for zero problems. I just make sure I know what the issue is if there is one and whether it’s something serious I need to deal with or whether it’s something minor that she needs to deal with.
Thanks for the encouraging words! Yea indeed its not like I need 0 problems. But I'd like for myself to be able to give the plant the best surroundings to do the best she can.

My first ever grow (before this one) was of a sativa plant outside on my roof. It was looking really frigging good I thought for a first time. However due to where I live, when it was in full bloom, the humidity outside went up to like 80%... No bueno but since I was so inexperienced I didn't think too much of it until I started seeing brown spots appear ... Budrot T_T

I then had to kill one of them, amputated the hell out of the other one and eventually brought it inside where I set up my tent to put the plant in there. Tbh the plant was still too big for my tent, but it got the job done xD. After it was inside with the correct humidity etc... it was 24/7 checking for start of budrot and removing it. After a while actually got rid of the budrot. I think my end result was about 130g. I probably wouldve had 600g+ if the plant didnt get budrot. Which wouldve been way more than I expected, lol.

Anyway I'll post some pictures of that one, great plant and genetic in my amateur opinion. Just because it somehow gave me pretty damn good bud for the horror it went through towards the end.

But thats why I would like to have a grow where it all goes pretty well :p At that point I will know I leveled up a bit

Signal 2023 09 09 195909 002
Signal 2023 09 09 195909 004
GNick55

GNick55

Staff
Supporter

we all are! haha
hey looking better

Waffleman

Waffleman

we all are! haha
hey looking better
Thanks I will keep you posted ;)

I also saw a thread on the forum regarding using a soil meter to check if the soil is wet/moist or dry at 1/4 from the bottom of the pot. Which I just today started doing. I mentioned the pot was feeling light already and sure enough when checking with the soil meter at 1/4 height it was dry in there. So watered it again today :)

B

bloodeye

Thank you!

Just to be clear, I haven't flushed my plant INTENTIONALLY yet. But I believe now I have been flushing my plant (unintentionally) every time i watered it... which is pretty bad. But a good learning experience 😅

I will still apply all advices, I already heightened the light and I'm letting my soil dry out (been about 3 days since last watering but I will probably leave it at least another day) + I will use the 3-4 week feeding schedule. Thanks again!
I'm first time grower and got an experimental grow going on really. With the soil easily 3 days without a watering. The plants will tell you on day 3/4 if they're gasping for a drink. And then I water slowly nearly a litre. Leave it a few minutes, then slowly give it another 3/4 litres.

The one in Coco is a different animal. I leave that 2 days and she definitely needs a drink each time.

Waffleman

Waffleman

I'm first time grower and got an experimental grow going on really. With the soil easily 3 days without a watering. The plants will tell you on day 3/4 if they're gasping for a drink. And then I water slowly nearly a litre. Leave it a few minutes, then slowly give it another 3/4 litres.

The one in Coco is a different animal. I leave that 2 days and she definitely needs a drink each time.
How big are you pots? I'm definitely noticing a difference now that I haven't been overwatering, that the pot legit dries out a lot faster than before. Probably due to the fact that the roots can actually work with the amount of water I give it now. So I'm noticing (maybe cause the plant is now around week 4 of flower) that it needs water much faster. Like 2 days without water and I could already water it just by feeling the weight + checking bottom 1/4 with a moist meter.

My potting ground is a mix of soil, perlite and coco though, so will be some differences there

Waffleman

Waffleman

One more update, mostly to ask a question regarding something I've noticed.

The plant looks much more lively imo, its been 4-5 days since I made the changes suggested here. So the light moved up by a lot + turned it down to 70%.

For the feeding I started following the instructions from week 4 (as per advice from Gnick) + on the second correct watering, I added some Calmag from advanced nutrients. I noticed the nutrients I was adding didn't have any cal or mag. Some of the leaves were showing a light green tint (like it was slowly coloring in between the lines with a lighter green). Did some digging on deficiencies and thought maybe Calmag issue? I believe its something that could also be triggered by overwatering. I did find a pretty useful visual (I'll add it to the post) for anyone new to it as well. I only added half of the calmag they recommended just to be on the safe side and see how the plant would react. But I didn't see any negatives so I'll keep adding it for now.

Now my actual question:

CONTEXT [When I first tried to fix the issue Gnick recommended to start watering with 3L instead of the amount I was giving before. I waited 4 days to let my roots recover and the soil dry out before giving it the 3L amount instead. What I noticed then was that close to giving the 3 liters I would get a couple drops of run off. Since then I have applied the Soil meter technique I found on the forum here (poke a hole 1/4 from the bottom up and stick a soil meter in there to check the moisture levels). When the soil meter showed dry at 1/4 I watered it again with 3L. The second time giving it the same amount of water a little more run off happened (still not a lot but a little bit more came through). Now on the third watering since then, getting close to 3L, a decent amount more run off came out (still not even close to what I was doing before rest assured).]

Question: Is it so, that overwatered soil won't let water through as easily? The feeling I'm getting is that by the third (3L) watering, the soil and plant recovered and it seems to let water through more easily now than when I watered it the correct amount the first time. -> Is this an accurate assessment? Or am i connecting invisible dots?

Thanks in advance for your collective chunks of knowledge ;)

Hkzix2dxjw881
GNick55

GNick55

Staff
Supporter
One more update, mostly to ask a question regarding something I've noticed.

The plant looks much more lively imo, its been 4-5 days since I made the changes suggested here. So the light moved up by a lot + turned it down to 70%.

For the feeding I started following the instructions from week 4 (as per advice from Gnick) + on the second correct watering, I added some Calmag from advanced nutrients. I noticed the nutrients I was adding didn't have any cal or mag. Some of the leaves were showing a light green tint (like it was slowly coloring in between the lines with a lighter green). Did some digging on deficiencies and thought maybe Calmag issue? I believe its something that could also be triggered by overwatering. I did find a pretty useful visual (I'll add it to the post) for anyone new to it as well. I only added half of the calmag they recommended just to be on the safe side and see how the plant would react. But I didn't see any negatives so I'll keep adding it for now.

Now my actual question:

CONTEXT [When I first tried to fix the issue Gnick recommended to start watering with 3L instead of the amount I was giving before. I waited 4 days to let my roots recover and the soil dry out before giving it the 3L amount instead. What I noticed then was that close to giving the 3 liters I would get a couple drops of run off. Since then I have applied the Soil meter technique I found on the forum here (poke a hole 1/4 from the bottom up and stick a soil meter in there to check the moisture levels). When the soil meter showed dry at 1/4 I watered it again with 3L. The second time giving it the same amount of water a little more run off happened (still not a lot but a little bit more came through). Now on the third watering since then, getting close to 3L, a decent amount more run off came out (still not even close to what I was doing before rest assured).]

Question: Is it so, that overwatered soil won't let water through as easily? The feeling I'm getting is that by the third (3L) watering, the soil and plant recovered and it seems to let water through more easily now than when I watered it the correct amount the first time. -> Is this an accurate assessment? Or am i connecting invisible dots?

Thanks in advance for your collective chunks of knowledge ;)
your roots are growing and taking up space, watering slowly?

Top Bottom