F1 autoflower early flowering stage - what issue do you think i have?

• Thread starter Waffleman
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Waffleman

Waffleman

your roots are growing and taking up space, watering slowly?
Hmm I water slowly in the sense that I will water a bit, until the soil is covered and i wait till it seeps in. Then I water a bit more until the same thing happens and I wait until it seeps in. Repeat until I've given about 2,8L

B

bloodeye

How big are you pots? I'm definitely noticing a difference now that I haven't been overwatering, that the pot legit dries out a lot faster than before. Probably due to the fact that the roots can actually work with the amount of water I give it now. So I'm noticing (maybe cause the plant is now around week 4 of flower) that it needs water much faster. Like 2 days without water and I could already water it just by feeling the weight + checking bottom 1/4 with a moist meter.

My potting ground is a mix of soil, perlite and coco though, so will be some differences there
Sorry dude, for late reply.
Mine are 5 gallon fabric pots.
Reading up they seem like the best option.

Waffleman

Waffleman

Another update, imo looks pretty good? But maybe some expert eyes see something I don't.

However thanks to the previous feedback & the adjusted watering the plant seems to have picked up again where before it seemed to have been plateauing for about a week or so.

So thanks again for all the help!

cannafarmer420

cannafarmer420

I ♥ fat colas
Supporter
Hi there!

So initially everything was going well, the plant was growing well however I started seeing some discoloration on the leaves. (I will attach some pictures)

- The soil is a mix of regular soil, perlite, coco

- humidity now during flower 40-50%

- temp between 22-26 Celsius

- Currently, middle of week 2 flower

Just to paint you a picture, this is what I can say for the potential problems:

1. I'm thinking its nutrient lockout? + overwatering potentially. -> This is my second grow, first grow was photoperiod outdoor. On my first grow I think I was more on the side of underwatering but the outside rain took care of that a bit. I never watered until run off, so this time I wanted to water until run off but I might've pushed it too far. When the plant got strong enough I would start watering until runoff. The run off would be about 15-20% of what I gave the plant. I recently upped it and I did notice afterwards that the leaves were drooping a bit and the tips of some leaves were slightly twisting. (but keep in mind that point 2 below happened around the same time as the upping of the amount of water. So not sure if one issue is masking the other or vice versa.)

2. Light stress. It could of course be a combination. However when the plant hit flower, according to my light directions I could lower it to a distance of 12-18 inches. I went for 12 because in my mind, more light = better but of course too much of a good thing can be a bad thing. I now (since yesterday) set the light up to 18 inches.

My next steps would be:

1. See if moving the light up makes a difference
2. if it is nutrient lockout (which I have a feeling it might be), I will let the soil dry out of a bit more and then flush the medium. After wards let it dry out again and then start giving it nutrients but I will probably start give it less than I did before and build up the amount, rather than just going by the amount that is on the bottle.

What do you all think the issue might be (based on the information and photos) + what would you all suggest for next steps? I can tell I still have lots to learn in understanding my plants language.

Any advice is much appreciated!

Regards,

Waffleman
Simple you are growing autos 😂 🤣
But serioisly @GNick55 is rock solid on advice go with what he says ✌

Waffleman

Waffleman

Simple you are growing autos 😂 🤣
But serioisly @GNick55 is rock solid on advice go with what he says ✌
Autoflowers have definitely humbled me a little :p But in a good way. Its honestly something I could recommend newer growers to do but also recommend them not doing it too early on (bit dependent on the person)...

Like I learned a lot from this one but autoflowers definitely don't allow for a lot of fixing time, so you need to be dialed in all the way through. So great learning experience but I could see it being too overwhelming for newer growers. So depends if they like to learn that way or not.

cannafarmer420

cannafarmer420

I ♥ fat colas
Supporter
Autoflowers have definitely humbled me a little :p But in a good way. Its honestly something I could recommend newer growers to do but also recommend them not doing it too early on (bit dependent on the person)...

Like I learned a lot from this one but autoflowers definitely don't allow for a lot of fixing time, so you need to be dialed in all the way through. So great learning experience but I could see it being too overwhelming for newer growers. So depends if they like to learn that way or not.
I love my photos, i have ultimate control. I've grown autos before 🤷‍♂️ .
Some people really like them though so if it's your jam roll with it ✌

Waffleman

Waffleman

what’s your light distance?
might be having the start of light stress,..
about 22 inches from the top of the canopy and the light is set to about 80% capacity (Spiderfarm SF 1000 light).

What makes you think it is having the start of light stress? Just so I could start reading the signs myself :)

Top Bottom