Face Off BX2

• Thread starter MakinGoo
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
N

nightmarecreature

I know you know how to grow but I have a little trick that I use on seedlings. Squeeze your coco and root riot or whatever you use by hand to field capacity, then just plant your beans. If you don't know what field capacity is, it's where you squeeze your substrate by hand and only a few drops of water come out. Then just mist the tops with kelp water as they dry but don't let them dry out. It's 115 degrees where I live at times and I had to mist my seedlings sometimes 3 times a day. The heatwaves last for weeks, I'm sure Evoke knows what I'm talking about. If you do it like that the coco will not compact or ever become water logged. I use coco with perlite and it's still too compacted if not squeezed to field capacity. Works flawlessly! Sometimes people use the paper towel method and transfer the fungus to their medium. The kelp also aids in keeping damping off at bay. RIP baby Face!

"I have also found that the fungus-retarding property of seaweed suppresses damping-off disease. This first application of liquid seaweed, together with periodic watering of the growing seedlings with a seaweed dilution, assures the seedlings access to all the micronutrients they require, as well as to plant growth regulators. As an experiment, I grew two groups of seedlings, half of them treated with seaweed, half without. The seaweed-treated seedlings grew significantly more rapidly, were more robust, and had better root development. My observations have been verified by formal research at Clemson University in South Carolina."

MakinGoo

MakinGoo

I know you know how to grow but I have a little trick that I use on seedlings. Squeeze your coco and root riot or whatever you use by hand to field capacity, then just plant your beans. If you don't know what field capacity is, it's where you squeeze your substrate by hand and only a few drops of water come out. Then just mist the tops with kelp water as they dry but don't let them dry out. It's 115 degrees where I live at times and I had to mist my seedlings sometimes 3 times a day. The heatwaves last for weeks, I'm sure Evoke knows what I'm talking about. If you do it like that the coco will not compact or ever become water logged. I use coco with perlite and it's still too compacted if not squeezed to field capacity. Works flawlessly! Sometimes people use the paper towel method and transfer the fungus to their medium. The kelp also aids in keeping damping off at bay. RIP baby Face!

"I have also found that the fungus-retarding property of seaweed suppresses damping-off disease. This first application of liquid seaweed, together with periodic watering of the growing seedlings with a seaweed dilution, assures the seedlings access to all the micronutrients they require, as well as to plant growth regulators. As an experiment, I grew two groups of seedlings, half of them treated with seaweed, half without. The seaweed-treated seedlings grew significantly more rapidly, were more robust, and had better root development. My observations have been verified by formal research at Clemson University in South Carolina."
I've never squeezed my coco b4.. I actually pack it in the cup or pot pretty tight so when it settles & packs itself in my pots won't b 1/2 full.. But I do squeeze the shit out of the root riot b4 I add the Lil seedling..

I think I went wrong when it juss cracked.. It was the last 2 crack & it was behind the others so I wanted 2 hurry up & get it in2 the cups with the others so as soon as it cracked I transplanted it.. I usually let a Lil 1/2in. Tail come out 1st..<< then after transplanting I watered like normal.. I think I fucked up when I watered the other plants with good stuff like bennies or tea I would pour a shot on2 the new baby juss cracked seedling.. I didn't want that plant 2 get ripped off from its bennies.. But all I did was keep the root riot way 2 soggy..

It's hot over here 2 but only 108 for the past week & now were gettin a break its like a tropical Island now at 99 degrees..LOL!!

My plants get a bit of kelp foliar every week with there tea.. Plus H16's foliar once a week..

Classic Remix

Classic Remix

Just because your leaves are green does not mean you don't have a magnesium deficiency.
Yeah and that goes both ways, just cause your shit ain't purple or so green it's black doesn't mean you're not drowning em unnessessarily in calmg.

It's usually one or the other too. Shit I could go all day on calmg snake oils, but since they mix the two you gotta have it in coco!!! Lol!!

Aligee

Aligee

Yeah Goo's a dam good grower if ya couldnt tell by all his threads fools be jocking, lol some people!!!

N

nightmarecreature

How much Mg is enough for an OG? What kind of range do you guys target? Botanicare CalMag is 5:1 Ca-to-Mg whereas GO CalMg is 3:1, so 5ml/gal of the Botanicare will give about 200ppm in ro (total Ca & Mg), but how much of that is Mg?

Nitrogen 2.0%
Calcium 3.2%
Magensium 1.2%
Iron 0.1%
Right on the bottle at 5ml your getting about 45-75ppm of Magnesium. If you have 200ppm a 3:1 ratio it would be about 66.7ppm of Mg.

How much do you need?
It depends what base nutes you are using.
It depends on what strain you are running. OG's and Chems like Mg.
It depends on if you use precharged coco like Canna or if you get the big brick like I do.
It depends if you use RO. RO usually requires more Mg.

When I switched to H&G nutes my plants were not getting enough Mg. Chemdog D, Faceoff OG, and a few other OG's needed more Mg than what my base nutes required. H&G has 0.8% Mg in it. I have some strains that don't need any supplemented at all. Your plants tell you how much it needs.
I don't think H&G would be coming out with a Cal/Mag supplement without reason. Enough people complained.

MakinGoo

MakinGoo

Face Off Bx2

MakinGoo

MakinGoo

Where's the update, Goo? I wanna see how these lil beaners r doin.
I'll take a pic in a few hrs when I can get 2 the plants.. I'm a Lil behind & need 2 catch up on regular house stuff b4 I can garden.. Everything is on a schedule around here & I fucked off yesterday chillin in the Bay with the big dog Aligee.. We even met up with the homie NorCalkid & got hella stoned from his OGKB GSC buds.. It was a fun day but now I'm 1 day behind & trying 2 catch up..LOL!! Yea rite I'm now chillin here at the Farm.. I got 2 get 2 work..

RIVAL79

RIVAL79

Funk Master!
Supporter
I'll take a pic in a few hrs when I can get 2 the plants.. I'm a Lil behind & need 2 catch up on regular house stuff b4 I can garden.. Everything is on a schedule around here & I fucked off yesterday chillin in the Bay with the big dog Aligee.. We even met up with the homie NorCalkid & got hella stoned from his OGKB GSC buds.. It was a fun day but now I'm 1 day behind & trying 2 catch up..LOL!! Yea rite I'm now chillin here at the Farm.. I got 2 get 2 work..
I feel ya, Goo! I gotta stay on top of my work as well. I got most of it done early this morning. I'm gonna water the beds 2nite. Post up a pic when u get a chance, bro

MakinGoo

MakinGoo

Nuthin 2 exciting going on over here juss veggin away.. All 11 Face Off Bx2 r stretchy & trying 2 get big like the rest of the plants..

There prolly ready 2 transplant in2 1 gal smart pots but I'm gunna give them a Lil stress.. Rootbound them in Lil 18oz beer cups so hopefully they revile there sex.. Most of the time that works 4 me.. But my last seed pop of Bogs Sour Bubble those fuckers would never stress & show sex.. I don't want 2 grow a gang of boys.. I'm juss a small grower so if I see a nice boy I'll only keep 1 for a short time only..

Growing OG Kush crosses it a bit harder 2 find the males b'cuz there all tall & lanky

Top Bottom