Face Off BX2

• Thread starter MakinGoo
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
MakinGoo

MakinGoo

the girls are 43 days in awesome stanky og smell.. i got two different phenos... ill post some pics 2nite... i really like the way their turning out... im about to flip two of each for a second run... i switched to 3part gh and noticed they are getting nice and dense no larf... wish the thadocta had more time to drop in and answer a few questions i got but owell im sure hes busy.... im thinking about running them to 70 days what u do think MG... i hope thadocta has a booth at next years LA cup i really want to get more gear from him....
Can't wait 2 see them & I'm glad 2 heard there stacking nice.. Most OG's go 70 days so that's what I'm planning 4.. But seed plants sometimes take a lil longer then there clone run<< sometimes.. But u could find a fast OG pheno.. I'm planning on running mine 70 days

I don't know anything about the Manic male used? He could shorten up the time?

Ogfresh

Ogfresh

the girls are 43 days in awesome stanky og smell.. i got two different phenos... ill post some pics 2nite... i really like the way their turning out... im about to flip two of each for a second run... i switched to 3part gh and noticed they are getting nice and dense no larf... wish the thadocta had more time to drop in and answer a few questions i got but owell im sure hes busy.... im thinking about running them to 70 days what u do think MG... i hope thadocta has a booth at next years LA cup i really want to get more gear from him....
What size pots are you using as well as nutes and soil? Also do you plan getting it tested for thc content?

EVOKE

EVOKE

What size pots are you using as well as nutes and soil? Also do you plan getting it tested for thc content?
In using 3 gallon bags 707 with added perlite... heavy 16 foliar feed and im using 3 part gh with kool bloom... well hopefully i will have the second run finished up and cured by the end of jan... hells ya im have it tested most likely the second run...

EVOKE

EVOKE

Should breed those cookie cuts with the face off males and become a breeder on this forum. :)
i did use a face off male on a forum, 500 cut and bty...;) im not a breeder either i was jus bored the male was jus to stanky and it caught my eye from the start... i have a no name og cut that i will be using some of the pollen on... i really want to preserve her. shes 17 yrs old hopefully this male proves to be worthy.... my boy has been running her for a long time not a big yielder but str8 headstash... ill post a pic of her maybe someone can identify her... i took 8 cuts of her and only two rooted took 14 days to see roots... sux cause i should of took her out of flowering but hopfully these two cuts are strong enough to survive...

J

justblazen

Active Farmer
i did use a face off male on a forum, 500 cut and bty...;) im not a breeder either i was jus bored the male was jus to stanky and it caught my eye from the start... i have a no name og cut that i will be using some of the pollen on... i really want to preserve her. shes 17 yrs old hopefully this male proves to be worthy.... my boy has been running her for a long time not a big yielder but str8 headstash... ill post a pic of her maybe someone can identify her... i took 8 cuts of her and only two rooted took 14 days to see roots... sux cause i should of took her out of flowering but hopfully these two cuts are strong enough to survive...
sign me up for a pack of those Evoke. I love running crosses from the locals. Seems I find danker keepers from the homies. I'd love to see these girls in deep flowering

EVOKE

EVOKE

here are the pics first one is F71 and the second is F74... and the third pic is no name og...
20131119 214023
20131119 213953
20131119 214138

MakinGoo

MakinGoo

It's a hard call witch male was the 1st but the shorter males r a lil more advanced lookin.. 2 short males have a full nut hanging there super young & juss 1 ball is showing & the taller ones juss look male I'm not 100% sure yet...

EVOKE

EVOKE

It's a hard call witch male was the 1st but the shorter males r a lil more advanced lookin.. 2 short males have a full nut hanging there super young & juss 1 ball is showing & the taller ones juss look male I'm not 100% sure yet...
Is it true that if ur gonna breed with a male not to use the first pollen that appears on the plant... i have three males all have a dank smell to them... i only took pics of two... the first one looks sativa dom and the other one i labeled the krinkle cut.. i used the krinkle cut on both face off, forum cut and bty... Krinkle cut was the shortest of all the males and had the most stanky to it...
20131021 002154
20131021 001937

MakinGoo

MakinGoo

Is it true that if ur gonna breed with a male not to use the first pollen that appears on the plant... i have three males all have a dank smell to them... i only took pics of two... the first one looks sativa dom and the other one i labeled the krinkle cut.. i used the krinkle cut on both face off, forum cut and bty... Krinkle cut was the shortest of all the males and had the most stanky to it...View attachment 353233View attachment 353234
I've never heard that 1 b4.. I heard not 2 use the 1st males 2 show but I've never heard about the 1st batch of pollen he drops.. I'd ask a breeder about that 1..

I also have 3 short krinkled males but I'm gunna use a stretchy 1 & I have 3 of them 2 choose from

thadocta

thadocta

Breeder
Hey Guys,

Checkin' In. Great looking' plants in here for sure. Evoke, those look DOPE. What questions did you guys have?

The manic male used in the original f1 outcross is an old sweet skunky strain from Humboldt that was "beyond F6", as I was told, IBL line. I still have the female from the original IBL line as well, the male is gone, but his genes live on in much of my work. She reminds me of 80% like purple urkle without the "Purp" smell. Just all that sweet dank funky skunk dank smell on green buds, no purple on it unless you cold dump em and flush em hard. He was the perfect, non dominant, flower shortening male to outcross with. The walker crosses turned out just how I wanted and these current F/O lines are right where I want em.. I'm happy. :)

J

justblazen

Active Farmer
Hey Guys,

Checkin' In. Great looking' plants in here for sure. Evoke, those look DOPE. What questions did you guys have?

The manic male used in the original f1 outcross is an old sweet skunky strain from Humboldt that was "beyond F6", as I was told, IBL line. I still have the female from the original IBL line as well, the male is gone, but his genes live on in much of my work. She reminds me of 80% like purple urkle without the "Purp" smell. Just all that sweet dank funky skunk dank smell on green buds, no purple on it unless you cold dump em and flush em hard. He was the perfect, non dominant, flower shortening male to outcross with. The walker crosses turned out just how I wanted and these current F/O lines are right where I want em.. I'm happy. :)
Are you gonna be at the Emerald cup Doc? If so I'd like to scoop some of your gear up. Are these coming out like straight OG from the girls that you ran of the FObx2's?

MakinGoo

MakinGoo

I got 1 more girl now.. So my final count was 7 males & 4 girls & 1 didn't pop<< or it was a runt & I killed it? I can't member.. But I got 3 super tall OG leaning phenos & 1 short stumpy girl that I'm guessing is manic leaning? I also chopped all the males down but I kept 1 that looked og leaning with hella branches & very stinky << he was the loudest male & he was the nicest lookin male out of them all.. << I actually had 2 twin boys like this but I picked the stinker 4 extra funk I hope.. I cut him back & placed him back in veg (24hrs light cycle) & I hope he goes back 2 veg & stops blooming.. I cut every top off & saved only a few lower branches 2 veg.. If he don't make it oh well I ain't trippin this project is juss 4 fun.. I had lots of extra room so I placed a grip of true OG , GSC, & wifi 1 with the face off bx2 chicks.. Oh yea & a fruity pebble og was added 2.. I think all those strains will stretch & keep up with the bx2 girls.. I might even toss a few animal cookies in the mix b'cuz those animals like 2 stretch.. I'll try & get some bx2 flicks up soon but I'm still super stoned & still trimming some cookies..

J

justblazen

Active Farmer
Is it true that if ur gonna breed with a male not to use the first pollen that appears on the plant... i have three males all have a dank smell to them... i only took pics of two... the first one looks sativa dom and the other one i labeled the krinkle cut.. i used the krinkle cut on both face off, forum cut and bty... Krinkle cut was the shortest of all the males and had the most stanky to it...View attachment 353233View attachment 353234

Hey @EVOKE I've used the first pollen from males many times without seeing any ill effects. It's difficult to say, but all I say is make sure you take cuts of each male you use. I like to pollinate a few different branches of a strain with a few different males, keep small Dads alive of each one. (I mean very small ones just in case he's a keeper) grow out the offspring and determine the male keeper. It probably sounds like a long process but that's the only way to see what traits he passes on imho. I've used boys that didn't have any stem rub that pass on loud smelling traits. Some things you read can become myths in the breeding game. I even used a so called "hermie male" that didn't pass on the trait whatsoever. Go figure I used this boy with the HObx2, and had no issues just like I said I would in the breeders lab. DJ short was definitely correct. Bottom line, it's so difficult to try and predict if the male is OG dominant by look and smell of a Dad unless you grow out the offspring. hope this helps broseph. Best of luck with your breeding endeavors.

MakinGoo

MakinGoo

I'd guess my short phenos r the manic leaning phenos b'cuz there short & Doc said the manic reminds him of Purple Erkle & erkle grows slow & short.. & my tall phenos r the Face/off or OG leaning phenos.. I got a plant that is kind 60/40 >>og/manic but more og lookin.. Now I wish I saved my super short super slow pheno..

EVOKE

EVOKE

@ThaDocta1 of the two phenos i posted which one looks like a keeper to you... how many days should these girls go... and im about to start a second run I noticed the F71 is not going to be as dense as F74... F74 is looking like my keeper it really expolded in growth shes taller and jus full of swollen dense buds sites... they really like the 3 part gh im getting anxious and want to chop off a few nugs of goodness...
@MakinGoo im starting to notice the differences in the phenos.. i took clones of the males 2 of each and my F75 which is a male and looks more og leaning and veggs fast as hell and has that stank to her also... this second run imma use the F75 on the same girls as the first run..all most done with the first run three more weeks..... i noticed a huge difference in the 3part from the other nutes i was using... i only had 6 girls under the 1k light but i used 3 gallon bags im watering every other day cant water them enough and their loving it... cant wait to see ur girls bro im sure u will do better than me ive always has a hard time working with ogs... but now im sticking with 3 part GH..

Top Bottom