fan leaves with 3 leaves

• Thread starter EAR
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
C

Cybapothead

Ive got a similar thing going on what was weird for me was i took clones from 2 plants. Lemon diesel, strawberry could i had flowered previous cuttings with no problem. Even the new cuttings rooted fine some quicker than others, i noticed one plant had a few 3 leafers on it so i kept an eye on it. The others had 5 one had a 4 leaf which ive never seen, they were all almost 3 weeks in veg i went away for almost a week and came back to find they had grown alot but all now had 3 n almost 4 leaves on them i was baffled how they had all mutated. After checking ph it was higher than they should be but no other signs of high ph leaves were all nice and green. Ive reloaded feed and gonna check them for changes will update

D

DanG505

I am having a strange problem here this blue dream plant I'm growing is only producing 3 fan leaves and has bud growing all over her but get this she's only 10in tall can someone help me?

IMG 2263
IMG 2265
  • Wow
Reactions: Ina
M

Map

can anyone tell me what it means when there are only three leaves on a fan leaf, as opposed to the regular 5 or 7?:worried
Thought it was a rudialis influence for auto strains?

M

Map

Mine is from seed

It does happen. This plant came from a mix batch of S99 seeds. Not sure what it is... But its three leafed all the way up..Its a small plant in a 5 gallon pot. I kept it too long in the 1 gallon before transplanting. But oh well. She has a very strong odor to her. Like lemon lime pine sol. Very strong!
Y if u veg it to 2 feet tall, it will get 7 leaf fans starting around there.

brazel

brazel

i was worried that maybe the three leaf fan leaves meant that the clones came from a mom that was cloned too many times, as in degradation. any thots?
As long as the mother is kept in a healthy condition you can clone for eternity

brazel

brazel

I have one that is only single leaf its at 10 inches, had it since it was 3 inches tall, I prune it like hell, but danm its single leafs all around on this bad girl, but its bushy like a unshaven french maid. :party0033:
Post pic please

brazel

brazel

Y if u veg it to 2 feet tall, it will get 7 leaf fans starting around there.
If you are asking why, that's not true.
If you are talking to someone named Y, that's still not true

Fred Ziffle

Fred Ziffle

can anyone tell me what it means when there are only three leaves on a fan leaf, as opposed to the regular 5 or 7?:worried
Got one doing same, some told me to pull because was male but I've never seen any balls so I kept it and it looks pretty good. It's nothing like my other 3 but hoping it's worth it.

the rrock

the rrock

IME 3 leave plants are usually runts ,I dont think ive ever had one over 4'tall,never had one from seed always clones.Doesnt mean the bud is not top shelf just not alot of it.

Fred Ziffle

Fred Ziffle

IME 3 leave plants are usually runts ,I dont think ive ever had one over 4'tall,never had one from seed always clones.Doesnt mean the bud is not top shelf just not alot of it.
Had 2 other similar but they grew balls on me so destroyed them...got few hydro seeds from friend that are different strains but so far I only started 3. Gonna try growing those inside with small tent set up

G

GucciNinja78

Could mean different things. Most likely tho, is stress. That being sad stress can cause a female plant to morph into a male. Trimming a plant back, may also be a reason why this weird leaf fan occurs. But my babies are looking really good right now . I'm just watching for any signs it might want to morh. Im almost 4 weeks into flower, with about a month to go and looking strong. 4 to 5ft plants.

G

GucciNinja78

Could mean different things. Most likely tho, is stress. That being said stress can cause a female plant to morph into a male. Trimming a plant back, may also be a reason why this weird leaf fan occurs. But my babies are looking really good right now . I'm just watching for any signs it might want to morh. Im almost 4 weeks into flower, with about a month to go and looking strong. 4 to 5ft plants.
View attachment 900588
These are all from seed. Central valley California seeds but grown in San Diego.

HempTheGnome

HempTheGnome

Has anyone ever cracked seeds and two sport from one pod? I seen my 1st one last week when I cracked some Cind 99 or Truffel Butter cant remember now..

Edinburgh

Edinburgh

Could just be a genetic deformitie, one time i was growing some autoflowers and every single leaf had 3 nodes, fans sugar leaves the whole plant, at the very end i got one set with 5 nodes then back to 3, leaves were jet black and growing counter clockwise, then the whole plant frosted up, a very unique lovley plant, i think they were dwarfs as this was several years ago but the rest of the grow was like normal with sets of 1 3 5 7 with green leaves and no frost, as long as it flowers run it.

hps4891

hps4891

Could mean different things. Most likely tho, is stress. That being sad stress can cause a female plant to morph into a male. Trimming a plant back, may also be a reason why this weird leaf fan occurs. But my babies are looking really good right now . I'm just watching for any signs it might want to morh. Im almost 4 weeks into flower, with about a month to go and looking strong. 4 to 5ft plants.
View attachment 900588

How long did you veg those ladies for if u dont mind me askin? Thanks

Edinburgh

Edinburgh

If it was an f1 or f2 plant it could be a genetic deformities, i had a plant once every leaf had 3 nodes every leaf branch fan sugar then at the end i set had 5 nodes then right back to 3, it was kickass, there is also a strain called frisian duck, a stealth strain with leaves that look like a ducks webbed foot, you really cant tell it's weed till it flowers. Good luck

CreekGypsy

CreekGypsy

Is this in re veg or does it just have 3 leaves, also is this the beginning of flowering? I’m new so don’t be to harsh on me lol

CreekGypsy

CreekGypsy

These are what I was speaking on, 3 leaves normal? Is it starting the flowering stage?

BC64A546 36D0 4629 A2BF 4D8D5ADE1567
A7F89938 8867 4A03 8F11 F32147D5BF01
98EBA91C 2B57 493C B536 62E70CD85535
M

mackanes

I have the same thruple problem that you do, and no I don't think your plants are flowering.
The 1 to 3 leaf strains are Oregon Diesel and Obama along with a most 3 leaves on a Hazmat OG by Archive seed bank. It does seem like stress of some sort because the hazmat OG grew 3 leaves for a while but is just now pushing 5 and 7 leaves and is from a different breeder that I trust the genetics much more so I think that rules out bunk genetics.

As you can tell the Obama and especially the Oregon Diesel are totally 1-3 leaves. I live at 1400' elevation in the west end of the Columbia Gorge in Oregon and we had a sunny 2-3 weeks in April and early May when planted then loads of darkness and rain, so lack of sun maybe that is the stress?
None of the plants show any signs of reversion from early flowering though. I also push on organic feeding in veg stage so it could be over feeding but none of other plants are affected and I have flushed the plant with water to no avail. Any coaching from someone would be great as you can tell from the group photo they are much smaller than the others planted at the same time so I am very concerned. Other than size the 1-3 finger plants look healthy.

IMG 2013
IMG 2303
IMG 4859
IMG 8751
IMG 8818
higain

higain

Yes, I agree on all 3 - can be genetics, too young or in reveg. I've done a lot of clones from flowering plants and reveg often does weird 1 and 3 blade leaf. But also have a strain thats all 3 blades from seed and into flowering. I even did custom strain from different father and those seeds carry same genetics for 3 blades. Its very good bud tho. :)

Top Bottom