Farmacy's Lab

• Thread starter Farmacy
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Farmacy

Farmacy

I am usually a humble person, but since we are on the Internet, I will say this; I am a 3.8 GPA student, President's List, Dean's List, multiple awards, featured in the local newspaper, academic scholarship to arguably one of the best colleges in the world (ranked #1 in academics). I work 2 jobs, one at a Solar installation company and at one of my dad's law firms. I fkd up my first semester and no matter how well I do, my GPA will never be a 4.0, unfortunately... Just the way the math works. Anyways, I am a busy little fkr and it is hard to find time to practice my hobby and passion. I have consistently scored in the 99% tile all my life (if you have children that are my age, I am most likely more intelligent than them.. Just sayin), but my point is, I have an uncommonly firm grasp on heredity and inheritance. I'm confident that I can produce something superior.

I don't mean to come off as arrogant, but I am very confident that I can breed something beautiful. Of course, the is no replacement for experience and there are some guys who are just incredibly good at what they do, but experience will come with practice. I have talked to breeders on forums (who will be unnamed even tho it could nott actually be called libel because it is true) and they literally did not know wtf they were talking about and could not even follow along with what I was saying to them. No understanding of heredity, whatsoever. I mean, fk... Is this the current standard? I feel that I can do better, much better.

That being said, I am not totally delusional, I know there are breeders out there who really know their shit, whose skill is unmatched. They are an inspiration to me.

Last edited:
Farmacy

Farmacy

Thank you, Donmekka and thanks for dropping by. I apologize for my past, present and future rants, some nights I only get 2 hours of sleep and tend to just bust a rant nut on the Internet, lol.

Last edited:
Farmacy

Farmacy

I don't mean to be egotistical like I find most of these guys to be, just want to let everyone know.... I'm not playing.

...back to being humble and submissive.

green bastard

green bastard

View attachment 377322

These clones are taking forever! Not very experienced with cloning, anyone have any tips for speeding-up the process?
hey bro one key thing to remmber is when your cutting clones never take them after a feed(for somereason it takes longer for them to root....i take them after i do a water the i get s cup if water fill the cup up half way with ph balanced water im using soilless mix's so i have a 6.5ph ....leave you cuts inthe cup of water for at least 12 hrs if you can wait a day thats what i recomend they take alot faster in there not full of nutes cut the leaves in half helps the plant focus on rooting ...hope this helps you got anymore questions im around brotha!

neverbreak

neverbreak

I just wrote a long ass rant, but luckily it didn't post, lol.

Anyways, I had to move all my shit because I was on another forum that didnt scrub metadata for you like the farm does. So I will not be posting as many pictures until I get settled down and whatnot.

never trust a third party to somethin like that bro. always scrub pics yerself. that way u know for sure yer all good.

neverbreak

ElManiaco

ElManiaco

Why not try the feminized route?
I should of but thought maybe I could make my own seeds n not buy more ya know. I'm very limited to what I can do. I don't live in a med state so I'm screwed with lots of pain. Sucks.
I think you have a nice garden and are very intellectual which some could think of you in negative forms but I think you have a bright future in this field & I'm very interested in your present & future work.
I wish I knew what forums your talkin bout, cuz it may be one I'm at too. Peace!

Thoth

Thoth

hey bro one key thing to remmber is when your cutting clones never take them after a feed(for somereason it takes longer for them to root....i take them after i do a water the i get s cup if water fill the cup up half way with ph balanced water im using soilless mix's so i have a 6.5ph ....leave you cuts inthe cup of water for at least 12 hrs if you can wait a day thats what i recomend they take alot faster in there not full of nutes cut the leaves in half helps the plant focus on rooting ...hope this helps you got anymore questions im around brotha!

I'm guessing that's because the plant isn't as desperate for nutrients, so doesn't feel compelled to throw roots as quickly. Cuttings can still take up sufficient water through the cut stem, but eventually would need a root mass to scavenge sufficient nutrients.

Farmacy

Farmacy

Be honest, do I just sound totally insane? Sometimes I'll look at my past posts and be like 'WTF?!?! Too bold, sir, too bold!'

Farmacy

Farmacy

Green bastard, thank you kindly for the good advice. I believe this is true because the 213 OG clone I have was left in water for well over 12 hours and she rooted beautifully. As for whether or not the mother was feed, I am uncertain.

Farmacy

Farmacy

@neverbreak
Your totally right, not doing so would just be sheer laziness. Can you recommend an app or program?

Farmacy

Farmacy

The fact that I am part Asian makes me more credible, doesn't it? When I like submit a résumé or something, people are like 'bullshit!' And then I add 'Caucasian/Asian' and then they are like, 'Oh, Okay, We inderstand now, that's not too unreasonable.

If I were just a white dude, people would think I was a socially inept phyco, lol. But since I am Asian, people are more understanding when they find out that all I do is research and study.... And when I crash into their car and shit, lol!

Farmacy

Farmacy

@ElManiaco

From what I understand, feminized beans are usually made from a clone, so they will have less phenotypic diversity.
Like say you have a badass mother plant, but no male for pollen. You want to produce seed, but don't want to tait the genetics. Well, you take a clone, take it far past it's prime, until it produces pollen in a last ditch attempt to self-fertilize and reproduce, take that pollen and fertilize either the original mother or another clone and you will have seeds. However, the pollen is female or feminized pollen and is basically identical in genetic make-up, so you will have feminized seeds that are theoretically identical to the mother.

Farmacy

Farmacy

Your name means 'The Puppet', correct? My Spanish is a bit rusty, but I believe your name translates to 'The Puppet' or 'The Doll'. Pretty dope!

Farmacy

Farmacy

Back to feminized seeds.

Just because the genotype should theoretically be identical to the mother, doesn't mean you will only get one phenotype.

Anyone interested in breeding, remember this:

Phenotype = Genotype + Environment

I use to try to explain this to people and then saw some guy online sum-it-up beautifully as this simple equation and it really helps people understand.

So if you clone a human and they are identical, but you put one indoors it's whole life and put the other outdoors it's whole life, the one outdoors will display more pigmentation of their skin, they will tan for a lack of a better word (maybe just burn, but that is getting too technical).

I have successfully gotten my Indicas to display sativa characteristics and vice versa.

It will take quiet few generations and a decent sized population to identify the traits in your population. They can range from simple dominant/recessive, to co-dominant, incomplete dominance, to sex-linked, sex-limited, to monogenic, polygenic, epistatic, etc., etc. You need to properly identify and label the traits in your population to be able to have total control over expression with any degree of accuracy. Sure you could just chuck pollen, but if you want to really mix and match, you have to figure this shit out. I am not gonna attempt to identify ALL traits, just my SELECTED traits, but maybe there are some desirable traits that are buried deep within the genetics that haven't had the chance to express?

What external environmental factors correspond to to the turning on and off of what genes?

Okay, I lost the direction I am going in... I'm gonna stop here because i feel like i am not doing it justice and am scattered all over the place. I got so fkn h...medicated last night. I have not been so medicated in a very long time. I woke-up still very medicated! I can't fkn think! Some friends are blowing-up my phone with questions and I can't even comprehend what they are asking me. I really don't smoke that often, which makes me even weirder, I just love and am obsessed with cultivation and breeding, especially genetics. I love producing something and having people appreciate the work that went into it, the subtle beauty, the unique characteristics. That's why I love 'connoisseurs', they can pick-out and appreciate all the subtleties, in detail.

Farmacy

Farmacy

@neverbreak

Found one in the App Store. Have just been using my iPhone. I need to do a lot more research before I will feel comfortable posting pics taken at my new location, tho.

neverbreak

neverbreak

ahhh, yeah bro ya got data scrub with iphone pics! they can even have the gps location stored on them. scary shit. check n double check.

neverbreak

Farmacy

Farmacy

I really wish i could make a reasonable living off of my hobby. I for one don't feel comfortable with just trading-in law school to be a commercial grower, lol. Lets say it was even viable, the risks are too great. My parents would execute me if I told them I was perusing my dream as a marijuana grower, I'd be totally cut-off at the very least.

I really do wish there was a way, tho. I have just been giving my crop away to friends because I love to get their feedback and opinion on my work, nothing pleases me more than when they are just like 'This is the best shit I have ever smoked!' And nothing motivates me more when they say 'I have had better.'

Top Bottom