Feds raiding Denver

• Thread starter reloader
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Texas Kid

Texas Kid

Some guy with a light
We ordered a thousand or so just to see what a pain in the ass its goin to be in the warehouses and dispensaries..the state is really pushing for us to pre-weigh and package everything at the warehouse and then just transfer finished product ready for sale to the dispensaries..we are supposed to be completely using it as a dedicated tracking software by Jan 1 and we don't even have all the software in hand yet..

squiggly

squiggly

Hopefully the software they provide is streamlined enough to where it doesn't cause a lot of issues changing over. I mean at the end of the day I think it's important to realize that people are trying their best. The folks who set all of this up really want it to work. If it fails it will be a failure for the country, not just Colorado. I think, and hope, the officials in CO know what's at stake here.

We talk about freedom a lot in this country, and that's what's at stake in Washington in Colorado now. If people as a whole can't make it work, I can deal with that result--but if a few ruin it for the many, I might have come to the mountains and go postal.

SpiderKid

SpiderKid

The building of regulation .....

Determination of Pesticide Residues in Cannabis Smoke

The present study was conducted in order to quantify to what extent cannabis consumers may be exposed to pesticide and other chemical residues through inhaled mainstream cannabis smoke. Three different smoking devices were evaluated in order to provide a generalized data set representative of pesticide exposures possible for medical cannabis users.

To date, there are no approved pesticides or application limits established for use on cannabis crops by the US EPA; therefore, all pesticide use on this crop is currently illegal [3]. The use of pesticides and plant growth regulators in medicinal cannabis cultivation has been found to be quite prevalent by both testing laboratories and authority laboratories alike. Many commercially available pesticide containing products or nutrient systems, some only approved for use on ornamental crops, are widely available from a variety of sources including hardware stores, specialty indoor hydroponic shops, and various, sometimes unscrupulous, online vendors. While 18 states allow cannabis for medicinal use, the majority of the current medical cannabis supply lacks regulations and enforcement related to the quality and safety of the plant material for consumption. Laboratories operating within California have reported that cannabis samples contaminated with residual pesticides are frequently encountered. In 2009 the Los Angeles City Attorney’s office covertly acquired and then tested three medical cannabis samples available to patients through dispensaries and found that in two of the samples exceedingly high levels of bifenthrin were found. In one sample, 1600 times the legal digestible amount was measured, and in the other, 85 times the legal limit was measured, although the exact quantities were not stated.

http://www.hindawi.com/journals/jt/2013/378168/

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
SpiderKid, that is correct! There are also currently no pesticides approved for use on quinoa in the U.S. Therefore, pesticide use on quinoa is illegal. ;)
We ordered a thousand or so just to see what a pain in the ass its goin to be in the warehouses and dispensaries..the state is really pushing for us to pre-weigh and package everything at the warehouse and then just transfer finished product ready for sale to the dispensaries..we are supposed to be completely using it as a dedicated tracking software by Jan 1 and we don't even have all the software in hand yet..
Outside the software issues, what about using these tags themselves? They're just disposed of at the end of the 'life' of the plant in question?

And, are you saying that they basically want you to pre-package, by weight (?) all product? How's the tagging system going to work for each gram, especially at the cost I saw outlined in the article? It appears that if you're going to have to tag post-packaging, then you're going to have to tag practically each gram (each pack), which will again add to the cost and that will, again, be accounted for at the end, meaning high prices.

This is kinda a cluster fuck. I mean, I can totally understand why they want to do this, but execution seems to be problematic, to say the least.

SpiderKid

SpiderKid

Sorry i could not attach this before. So only philip morris can save us.

From the data presented here, the recoveries of pesticide residues in the smoke stream are very significant in relation to the potential of exposure by the end consumer. A previous study with filtered tobacco cigarettes published by Cai et al. [9] noted that the range of pesticide recovery from the smoke stream was 2 to 16%. The range of pesticide residue recovery in that study was comparable to the water pipe with filters (0.08–10.9%) used in the present study, but without filters the recovery from the present study was much higher as evident in Table 3 and Figure 1. This suggests that the cotton filters in a cigarette or water pipe are critical in capturing and reducing pesticide residues in the mainstream smoke. Also, extractions of the cotton filters (Table 3) contained a significant portion of the pesticides passed through the device.

B

Burned Haze

It's sad when majority of farmers will use ultra poisonous pesticides/fungicides and be lazy enough or just not care to not read or do research on the products they are spraying. The thing is if you read the instructions and do a little research you can quickly figure out if the product is semi-safe but also worth the risk!

Why consume/grow Cannabis and be so hardcore about organics but then be chill about what you use as a preventative . Just like the farmers who dry their meds in plastic containers lol

Top Bottom