Feds Targeting California Pot Dispensaries; Told To Shut Down In 45 Days

• Thread starter DazedNconfussed
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
K

kolah

"set-up like a bowling pin."

it boggles my friggin mind because these government goonies are turning away huge sources of revenues...esp when Cali is hurting for it. What. the. fuck.

P

paperplane

The government does not see this plant as Meds. They see it as a threat clear across the board. If it becomes legal it will be regulated and we will be treated and looked at like Monnshiners. I'm still trying to figure out Goroge Sorros angle on helping fund MMJ? For a guy like that to secretly fund something like this there has to be a plan for the future. Im sure this plan does not include us but why???

singingcrow

singingcrow

Biopharm wants their hands in the pot. Literally. If they can't patent a grown plant and recreate a purified molecule, its threat to them. There is no threat though..they are privately researching this now. Mark my words, project CBD will get private funding from biopharm eventually or they will just eclipse it with their own research.

K

kolah

I agree paperplane.

One: I think the MMJ state legal stuff is flushing people out from the underground. Now they (feds, pigs, etc) know exactly who is who and can database names and info into their local Fusion Centers.

Two: Big Pharma now sees that the MMJ market is a billion dollar business and wants to take it over.

Three: "legalization and regulation" will make illegal moonshiners out of all of us. The price of weed will drop (only temporarily) but once taken over by Big Pharma it will soon have a high price tag.

singingcrow

singingcrow

Tex mentioned a few things in page 3, noone commented on. Maybe we need a sub-catagory under Politics for "FDA and Biopharmeceutical Info". I sure have a couple of things to talk about. Wish Tex could come over and have a nice long cup of coffee with my husband and I....

Anyway, folks, if anyone is reading this thread still: any more news on shutdowns? The dispensary nearest my house is shut down due to some ongoing lawsuit, but I don't think it is due to this new crackdown.

So... now it has been over a month, near the 45 days give or take... any news on the new rumor that LA council is talking about a complete dispensary model shutdown?

K

kolah

Our votes don't count. The real people in charge won't let RP in and even if they did they would whack him.. just like JFK and Lincoln....and anyone else who threatens to eradicate the private banking system of the elites.

Zonkerly

Zonkerly

Fresno City @sshole's!!

Fresno County has allready bad outdoor growing,now the City has done the samething last night at a emergency meeting.They did not inform anyone until after they made the desion.You must have it all indoors,with ventialtion, and alarm on all entrances.In 45 days they will have another ruleing to try and ban all growing within the Fresno.And they want to inforce the 6 mature or 12 inmature plant count no matter what your doc says.Its time to move the f@ck out of this sh!thole and back up in the hills were I belong!!

baba G

baba G

bean sprouts are tasty
Our votes don't count. The real people in charge won't let RP in and even if they did they would whack him.. just like JFK and Lincoln....and anyone else who threatens to eradicate the private banking system of the elites.

I agree, that's why I feel if every person became a threat to their way, they can't kill us all. They can try but the people outnumber them big time, but sleepy people don't stand up for much...America wake up!!

P

paperplane

The agenda of the government in its policies against Cannabis have always been to deprive the people access to the plant, while maintaining control over it for the governments own self-interest. This self-interest extends to a multitude of industries including the prison and military industry, the petroleum, timber, cotton, and pharmaceutical industries, as well as the entirety of the banking and corporate establishment which has become empowered through disconnecting people from their one true source of independence and sustenance, the Earth. Cannabis prohibition has served to redirect human evolution from that of a decentralized agrarian lifestyle and natural economy, to a centralized petro-chemical military dictatorship controlled through the artificial economic will of private banks and other trans-national corporate interests.

Cort

Cort

Riverside county is enforcing a 2006 zoning ordinance. No MMJ dispensaries in unincorporated areas. Shops were served on Wednesday after a late night closed door vote Tuesday.

fractal

fractal

Where is the fucking GOVERNER in all of this? It's been state law for 15 years! I bet the trend has blown up now to where the CIA is losing a ton of money with everybody on the whole west coast growing thousands of tons each year now. . . Think about it California, Oregon and Washington are all blowing up the spot like nobody's business. This summer I was driving I5 through oregon and saw at least 5 very large greenhouses of cannabis right on the side of that major freeway, just shows how people are doing it everywhere and anywhere now, production has got to be huge added up.

F

FromGROtoFLO

Because of people like that this industry is getting slapped around by the FEDS. Just blatant disrespect - they should get raided, this shit is still illegal. The government has let these clubs operate for sometime now and it's obvious their is still too much BS going on behind closed doors. Money Laundering, Backdoor sales, and selling to patients who are not really ill at all. Atleast once a week you can see a club on the news getting shut down due to illegal activity.

N

noone88

City of Costa Mesa has requested assistance from the DOJ. Shakedown in that city is forthcoming..

Some shops in the 909 have ignored the letters are still open, but no longer listed on weedmaps. A lot of shops are trying to figure out how to stay open, increase business, but without using weedmaps.

http://blogs.ocweekly.com/navelgazing/2012/01/dea_raids_several_costa_mesa_m.php

Cities are becoming bolder and bolder now that they are receiving federal assistance...

B

Bluenote

it's obvious their is still too much BS going on behind closed doors. Money Laundering, Backdoor sales, and selling to . Atleast once a week you can see a on the news getting shut down due to illegal activity.

Insert BANK into those holes. Seen any financial industry times vacationing at the GreyBar Hotel?

markscastle

markscastle

Well-Known Farmer
I`d like to see an outfit collect the stocks of some of the medical gardens and make useful products from it;canvas,paper,Hemp oil , composit board, fuels,bio degradable plastics,paints,energy production,cloth,soap ,wax, ect. Maybe if they saw the whole picture they would see that it could generate jobs, industry,progress and a lot of new markets besides just medications.

B

Bluenote

I`d like to see an outfit collect the stocks of some of the medical gardens and make useful products from it;canvas,paper,Hemp oil , composit board, fuels,bio degradable plastics,paints,energy production,cloth,soap ,wax, ect. Maybe if they saw the whole picture they would see that it could generate jobs, industry,progress and a lot of new markets besides just medications.

Won't happen , too threatening to corporate interests , keep in mind the original genesis of the laws and how they came to be in place in the first place.

And those laws aren't with us because it's a *drug* , though of course that's how it was sold to the public at large , right down to the racial ovetones " drug of " Black Jazz Musicians etc.etc. , along with of course the " protect our daughters from the depraved drug addicts" schtick.

However in reality the whole reason that grass is illegal in the first place comes down to a matter of economics , bluntly speaking it was a joint effort by Dupont and Hearst because the industrial applications of hemp were going to impact their respective empires and decrease their bottom line.

And of course Hearst controlled the press organs , or the majority of them at that time............see any parallels with todays scenario?

Ask yourself *exactly* why it was that a historically raised crop that was once as large as corn , wheat or sorghum was completely abandoned as regards legal cultivation in this country. An entire *industry* disappeared.

Now look to what can be manufactured from hemp/cannabis but not from the three above or the other major crops dominant in this country , then look to who makes/made the money from the products that hemp stuff would end up in competition with , follow the money...always follow the money.

In the long run it's exactly the factor of the versatility of the Cannabis plant that was so threatening to the powers that be and produced the impetus to conduct the sordid campaign that eventually culminated in the current Federal law.

The whole way it came down is a prime example of the unholy marriage of politics and business in this country , a prime demonstration of crony capitalism writ large upon the pallette' of the public , sold to them via subtly ( and not so subtly at times) promoted mass-hysteria and fear.................make the Public *fear* something and it's easy to make it illegal.

Bottom line , the fact that grss gets you high has f***all to do with it , if you weren't able to make paper out of Hemp it would have never been made illegal in the first place............

frenetic

frenetic

Won't happen , too threatening to corporate interests , keep in mind the original genesis of the laws and how they came to be in place in the first place.

And those laws aren't with us because it's a *drug* , though of course that's how it was sold to the public at large , right down to the racial ovetones " drug of " Black Jazz Musicians etc.etc. , along with of course the " protect our daughters from the depraved drug addicts" schtick.

However in reality the whole reason that grass is illegal in the first place comes down to a matter of economics , bluntly speaking it was a joint effort by Dupont and Hearst because the industrial applications of hemp were going to impact their respective empires and decrease their bottom line.

And of course Hearst controlled the press organs , or the majority of them at that time............see any parallels with todays scenario?

Ask yourself *exactly* why it was that a historically raised crop that was once as large as corn , wheat or sorghum was completely abandoned as regards legal cultivation in this country. An entire *industry* disappeared.

Now look to what can be manufactured from hemp/cannabis but not from the three above or the other major crops dominant in this country , then look to who makes/made the money from the products that hemp stuff would end up in competition with , follow the money...always follow the money.

In the long run it's exactly the factor of the versatility of the Cannabis plant that was so threatening to the powers that be and produced the impetus to conduct the sordid campaign that eventually culminated in the current Federal law.

The whole way it came down is a prime example of the unholy marriage of politics and business in this country , a prime demonstration of crony capitalism writ large upon the pallette' of the public , sold to them via subtly ( and not so subtly at times) promoted mass-hysteria and fear.................make the Public *fear* something and it's easy to make it illegal.

Bottom line , the fact that grss gets you high has f***all to do with it , if you weren't able to make paper out of Hemp it would have never been made illegal in the first place............

Thank you for that I know all of the above information but i have such a hard time explaining it to other people. I copied it and emailed it to myself for future reference. BTW you are %100 right

K

K.rush Bousquet

Don't all clubs become delivery services a la So-cal trending shows?

Top Bottom