Feeding clones in Ez Cloner

• Thread starter redwhiteblue
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
redwhiteblue

redwhiteblue

My Ez-Cloner runs 24/7, water with EWC tea.

I always have cuttings at different stages in the cloner, some with big long merlin beard roots and others that are brand new and will need 7-10 days to pop roots.

Should I be feeding the clones with roots a small dose of food in the ez cloner, or should I just wait til transplant? Will adding food to the ez cloner hurt the rooting ability of the unrooted clones?

Using CS Nutes Veg A&B.

Trillionsoatoms

Trillionsoatoms

I put a little chow in my bubble cloners, with areo it's all about temp and timing anyway. 3 on 5 off is a good starting point. I hit them with a few hundred ppm even if they are seedlings.

We Solidarity

We Solidarity

I don't like to put food in my cloners...gets them gunky

what's your water temp running 24/7? I run mine 1 min on/ 5 min off

Trillionsoatoms

Trillionsoatoms

^this is my point with aero, timing and temp is what matters not food. Misters will get funky in aero.

I always run food in my bubble cloners tho... Seems to help.

kushluvr

kushluvr

clonex nutrients and drip clean......ftw...........no slime slugg or gunk, same water for 5-6 weeks, just keep adding clones! 18/6 lights schedule too!

kushluvr

kushluvr

my water is 80f all the time, water runs 24/7............6 in roots in 10 days 100% survival!

time n temp are nonsense IMO

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
I keep mine in the high 60s, very little to no food, on/off 15min increments. Usually takes a couple of weeks to get roots, depending on the mother, etc.

kushluvr

kushluvr

I keep mine in the high 60s, very little to no food, on/off 15min increments. Usually takes a couple of weeks to get roots, depending on the mother, etc.

too cold, thats why it takes weeks! all uber hard to clone plants root in 10 days in a ez cloner..........if not, then u are going at it wrong! if it were meant to take weeks, then why waste the electricity or even use a ez cloner?

if they arent rooted in 10 days...........you need to change your recipe n program! IMO

N

noone88

Everyone has their own formula for cloning in machines. I have been cloning exclusively with machines since I started in 2009. I currently only use Botanicare Power Cloner. It seems like the humidity dome helps a lot. I have the 140 site and (2) 70 site machines, going 24/7

My formula that gives me 90% rate is:
RO water
Low room temps. 70 degrees seems ideal for me
Botanicare powerclone solution at 10ml/gallon. (yea, it's stupidly expensive)
Aquashield (IMPORTANT)

I found the cycle timer to be of no benefit. If anything, keeping the pump going all day helps with the DO. I do not sure airstones.

Keep the dome on, vents closed, and remember to air it out every day for a week. When roots start to show, splash a bit of GH bloom. When roots are growing strong, splash some calmag. When there is a good root base, add in your grow a/b at a 1/4 strength.

The main concern is going to be the humidity dome. You have to air it out. If it constantly gets wet because of the collars leaking, then you'll have to prop it up ghetto-style so it doesn't stay wet. Otherwise, you'll get mold and have losses.

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
too cold, thats why it takes weeks! all uber hard to clone plants root in 10 days in a ez cloner..........if not, then u are going at it wrong! if it were meant to take weeks, then why waste the electricity or even use a ez cloner?

if they arent rooted in 10 days...........you need to change your recipe n program! IMO
Because, the difference in growth between plants cloned using the aerocloner and plants cloned any other way is HUGE. I'm flowering out the girls I cloned using the aerocloner, whereas the others I just stuck in soil-filled cups are less than 1/4 the size. I've been afraid to let the temps in the cloner get too high because I was losing cuts. I don't mind if it takes two weeks, that's what it's always taken for my cuts to get rooted, what I'm after is size. I'd love for it to take a week to ten days, but I've run the cloner with water temps in the 70s and I got mush in return.

I used to fret about not getting roots in the amazingly fast times others report, now, I just don't sweat it.

Trillionsoatoms

Trillionsoatoms

An aero cloner at 80 degrees 24/7... Yer on crack!

Don't listen to THAT shit imfuckingo. Lmao!

Fkn bananas man... That's fkn redic!

kushluvr

kushluvr

your trippen bro.......nottin redic about what i said! sorry u cant comprehend it!

i never check my temps ever.......

i use the same water for a month easy! just keep adding cuts!

if you work clean, you wont have a problem, cleanliness is next to godliness FYI! lol

Trillionsoatoms

Trillionsoatoms

Well, I won't recommend that.. But I do believe in dif strokes for dif folks!

If it works for you then awesome!

High temps no cooling small Rez and running cloner solution for a month just is not a good combo.

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
It led to rot for me, and since I really won't use chemical salt ferts, I have to be a little extra careful. Right now, it's nothing more than water, maybe a little seaweed extract, and Cap's bennies.

We Solidarity

We Solidarity

if you bleach everything super hardcore you can do whatever you want. bleach bleach bleach.

when your system is sterile at the start, it helps SO much. the best clone runs i have come from healthy cuttings in a thoroughly cleaned cloner. I don't really feed clones, they won't uptake too much until they develop roots. Honestly I haven't found a product, commercial or specialized, that works better than both GH Rapidstart and H&G Roots Excel. Plain tap works too, but those two products give me roots in 4-6 days and the tap in a week or less.

day 13, plain tap
IMAG0583

Swany

Swany

Just in case it helps, I've only run clones twice so far. Both times I used filtered well water with Clonex running 24/7 in a home made areo style cloner (like above). No dome, about 75 to 80 in room and 70 to 74 water temp. first time got 100%. Second time is still running and clones were all rooted and at 100% until today when my friend, who is running my room while i'm traveling, found a light brown gob of crap clogging the pump. I changed the solution a time or two the first run. Didn't on this one. Will change it on the next one. Guess I didn't get it clean enough between runs or something. I think she caught it in time and the clones will live <fingers crossed>

IMG 2652

Phillthy

Phillthy

if i feel they need food they get 30ml GH Bloom and 20ml GH micro in a 60 site ezcloner.

Top Bottom