281759_MAIN._AC_SL1200_V1616632009_.jpg

and the stuff works well, but not as good as getting these guys----->

SF Nematodes
Exhibitline_sf_750x750.jpg

Hypoaspis Miles
View attachment 1958632

Rove Beetle
Rove-Beetle.jpg

All available here--> https://www.naturesgoodguys.com/collections/fungus-gnat-control-1

Just have to get them in the soil before there's a problem.

I tried it all, play sand (about an inch or two) covering the top soil, apple cider traps, yellow sticky traps 3 to a pot average... I tried it all. The predatory insects handle it the best.

I've only recently have begun to deal with the rest of the insect world, flies and mosquitos' coming in from outside the garage. The lights are a huge attraction. It hasn't overtaken my tent so that's a relief. The few yellow traps I do have up are doing the job.
Oh nice, thanks for all the info. This is actually the first time I’ve had gnats, so I’m still learning how to deal with them. From what I’ve read and what others have told me it’s basically just about interrupting their life cycle enough to keep them under control. Yellow cards for the adults, and something to kill the eggs under the surface. I’ll definitely look into nematodes. Sounds easier, and I like the sound of that better than dumping a bunch of shit designed to kill stuff in my soil.

Week4Bytch

Week4Bytch

The Cannabis Karen (I'm a Bytch)
Supporter
Ive been thinking about adding nematodes in the soil but I read that you have to repopulate every 6 weeks for them to keep being effective and all I can find in Spain that contains them is quite expensive... its top dressings for flower, couldnt find just nematodes on their own. Honestly I envy you guys in the US, you have a lot of products available and the soils you can get there are basically supersoils. I wish I had fox farm available here... and other brands.
I'm surprised, I was under the impression that Spain was a country with a huge culture in cannabis, Spain is in the top ten weed friendly countries to visit in this list, just above USA.

Eledin

Eledin

I'm surprised, I was under the impression that Spain was a country with a huge culture in cannabis, Spain is in the top ten weed friendly countries to visit in this list, just above USA.
You will get a big fine for smoking in public. The only legal way to smoke cannabis is in your house or in a cannabis club (people buy it and take it home anyway, which in theory is also illegal). Planting is totally illegal unless youre associated with a research lab, which means that technically, cannabis clubs can only get their weed ilegally and some of them that got big in the past had their members jailed for years which made others scared for a while. We have a big smoking culture thats true, but its mostly underground, only recently we started getting new strains from the USA, we always had the Netherlands with very solid seeds but in the USA you guys are going crazy hahaha which is good, more research, more strains, more potency (well thats debatably good). Its kind of a stupid situation. Thats also why most people buy on the street and weed is not very good, in cannabis clubs it is but is also quite expensive. We do have good hash tho coming from our southern neighboors and many people smoke hash instead of weed. In another post I was talking how about guerrilla growing is also typical in Spain and not only South America because thats the biggest industry along with illegal warehouses, since you cant grow legally, and those people dont care much for the quality as much as they care for the quantity and low cost and effort.
EDIT: Despite that we have a few solid seed banks and the spannabis cup and many other "award ceremonies" for weed. Its getting better.

Last edited:
Week4Bytch

Week4Bytch

Supporter
You will get a big fine for smoking in public. The only legal way to smoke cannabis is in your house or in a cannabis club (people buy it and take it home anyway, which in theory is also illegal). Planting is totally illegal unless youre associated with a research lab, which means that technically, cannabis clubs can only get their weed ilegally and some of them that got big in the past had their members jailed for years which made others scared for a while. We have a big smoking culture thats true, but its mostly underground, only recently we started getting new strains from the USA, we always had the Netherlands with very solid seeds but in the USA you guys are going crazy hahaha which is good, more research, more strains, more potency (well thats debatably good). Its kind of a stupid situation. Thats also why most people buy on the street and weed is not very good, in cannabis clubs it is but is also quite expensive. We do have good hash tho coming from our southern neighboors and many people smoke hash instead of weed. In another post I was talking how about guerrilla growing is also typical in Spain and not only South America because thats the biggest industry along with illegal warehouses, since you cant grow legally, and those people dont care much for the quality as much as they care for the quantity and low cost and effort.
I got ya, same here, not all roses and cherries here in the States, depends where you live too. I got lucky that Snoop Dogg lives here in California, LOL. We're under the "Legal Medical Marijuana" umbrella. We can grow 6 plants per household and if you have a medical marijuana card I think that goes to 24 plants per household. And the laws have changed such that if you get caught growing more than the legal limit without a growers license..$500 ticket. lmfao..no wait, maybe we do have it good out here. So dam, that sucks, I don't see why they won't let you grow in your own house, kinda of misleading naming Spain like they do as a cannabis friendly country.

Organic soil is the worst for gnat control, they just thrive in that environment and media, if it's really to crazy and out of hand for you I'd look into growing in some good pure Coco Coir and just go synthetics. That would be my last attempt if it ever got to an apocalyptic invasion of these gnats. An oscillating fan at the pot level helps a lot too, your literally blowing those fuckers off and away from the top soil.

I grow for my friends and myself, (yes I'm popular) 😂 and I pride myself in sharing the best flower I can give out. I had folks at the beginning that would tell me "keep trying, your not there yet" to my face. Didn't discourage me at all. just lit a fire inside to try harder. I've messed up a lot of grows, some on threads that lead to some embarrassing, sorry guys nothing to see here moments. Just got to keep going, the journey is just as important if not more, than the arrival. I grow because it's therapeutic for me. And a lot of fun.

Eledin

Eledin

I got ya, same here, not all roses and cherries here in the States, depends where you live too. I got lucky that Snoop Dogg lives here in California, LOL. We're under the "Legal Medical Marijuana" umbrella. We can grow 6 plants per household and if you have a medical marijuana card I think that goes to 24 plants per household. And the laws have changed such that if you get caught growing more than the legal limit without a growers license..$500 ticket. lmfao..no wait, maybe we do have it good out here. So dam, that sucks, I don't see why they won't let you grow in your own house, kinda of misleading naming Spain like they do as a cannabis friendly country.

Organic soil is the worst for gnat control, they just thrive in that environment and media, if it's really to crazy and out of hand for you I'd look into growing in some good pure Coco Coir and just go synthetics. That would be my last attempt if it ever got to an apocalyptic invasion of these gnats. An oscillating fan at the pot level helps a lot too, your literally blowing those fuckers off and away from the top soil.

I grow for my friends and myself, (yes I'm popular) 😂 and I pride myself in sharing the best flower I can give out. I had folks at the beginning that would tell me "keep trying, your not there yet" to my face. Didn't discourage me at all. just lit a fire inside to try harder. I've messed up a lot of grows, some on threads that lead to some embarrassing, sorry guys nothing to see here moments. Just got to keep going, the journey is just as important if not more, than the arrival. I grow because it's therapeutic for me. And a lot of fun.
I hear you, I know its not the same for all states but man if youre in Cali you can get some good shiiet! 😛 I need to control the Gnats, its usually enough with diatomaceus earth and a couple of traps. I dont get rid of all of them but I have beneficial bacteria protecting the roots, specially bacillus thuringiensis, so they leave the roots alone. Its more of an annoyance than anything, diatomaceous earth works and gives some silica to the plant but Im not sure how often is too much. Theyre mostly here for the humid summer, the rest of the year aint that bad. I thought about going coco but I like the advantages of peat because I make my own super soil (since the soils we have available here are not nearly as good as fox farm's for example). Growing is great and I make sure my brother doesnt run out of weed aswell as my sister hahaha and of course sharing with some friends aswell. I feel you I had more than one disaster when growing, but it is what it is, happens to everyone and I agree, the journey is the best part, I think there's enough information out there and more every year to always be learning something new. I love growing, also therapy for me, aswell as medication with the flowers. Im always eager when Im close to finish one harvest to get into the next one.

Theancientgallery

Theancientgallery

I can definitely relate to the ups and downs on the journey of growing. You should see (and smell!) some of the shit I’ve produced🤣 You couldn’t give it away if you tried. But that just makes it so much sweeter when you bring a grow to full maturity and harvest some wild shit that blows everything else out of the water. It’s definitely therapeutic. I like to just sit in front of the open tent and hang out sometimes.

RootsRuler

RootsRuler

I remember having heart to hearts with hardcore bikers that grew and they would tell me that gardening was their guilty pleasure but because it was weed it was acceptable to their brothers. A lot of vet bikers that grew for the zen and the medicine.

Zen_Seeker

Zen_Seeker

harvest some wild shit that blows everything else out of the water. It’s definitely therapeutic. I like to just sit in front of the open tent and hang out sometimes.
I figure if the dog likes to sunbathe in the open tent who am I to close it on her?

We sometimes hang in there a bit when the chores are done. Just watching the different sections. Some with veggies, some with weed. No flowers yet...one day maybe.

Eledin

Eledin

I can definitely relate to the ups and downs on the journey of growing. You should see (and smell!) some of the shit I’ve produced🤣 You couldn’t give it away if you tried. But that just makes it so much sweeter when you bring a grow to full maturity and harvest some wild shit that blows everything else out of the water. It’s definitely therapeutic. I like to just sit in front of the open tent and hang out sometimes.
Oh yeah man, I feel you with that last one. I turn off the LEDs for my eye's sake and look at them just for the sake of it. Many times you find things that you wouldnt find just by taking a quick look every day, and its so relaxing!

Week4Bytch

Week4Bytch

Supporter
You guys use cal mag during flower? I didn't top dress when I was supposed to, didn't think I'd need it this far into flower, but, now have calcium deficiency showing up, cal mag or not?

Eledin

Eledin

You guys use cal mag during flower? I didn't top dress when I was supposed to, didn't think I'd need it this far into flower, but, now have calcium deficiency showing up, cal mag or not?
I use iguana juice bloom which comes with calcium and magnessium. Everything that grows including buds need calcium even if not as much as in veg maybe. I did that mistake too, for a while I thought calcium wasnt necessary in late flower but I was wrong.

Week4Bytch

Week4Bytch

Supporter
I use iguana juice bloom which comes with calcium and magnessium. Everything that grows including buds need calcium even if not as much as in veg maybe. I did that mistake too, for a while I thought calcium wasnt necessary in late flower but I was wrong.
Thanks, I didn't want to use it just to see if I could do it without it, but, apparently not, lol. I think if I stayed on top of the dry amendments I'd be ok but oh well, neither there nor here as they say, Cal Mag tonight it is.

Week4Bytch

Week4Bytch

Supporter
For the heat I reluctantly reduced the lights, we have a little heat wave coming through topping at 106 fahrenheit. The hot spot (tallest plant) went from 950 to 800 par. Not to bad I guess. What I have noticed is the leaves are hungry for that light now stretching out straight to the sides so maybe the lights are just perfect for them at the moment. The Calcium (freckles) and Potassium (lower tissue dryness) deficiencies' hit fast but I think I've caught it on time. It's tempting to keep dumping cure juice in the pots everyday but I'm holding strong, did what I could do, have to wait it out and see if it was enough, gonna give it till Friday. The buds are now in their fattening stage so the anxiousness and excitement are about to hit full tilt here. Those following to see how the Roots Organics Lush Soil is doing with this grow, you need watch the CALCIUM, especially after week 5-6. My other soils (fox farm blend) that have been reamended with mostly Craft Blend did not show signs of this calcium deficiency. I have two bags of the Roots Organics Lush stored for future grows and will for sure mix in some of the Craft Blend when I jump into flower.

Sea-K for Plants Seaweed and Kelp Fertilizer​

I won a bag of the above and had no idea the little 2 pound bag I got is $39!? Whoah... 3 of my girls are potassium deficient so perfect time to try this stuff out which I have.

PXL 20230426 020833038
PXL 20230430 014518673

Last edited:
RootsRuler

RootsRuler

Any of you guys use Grove Bags? They're supposed to be this wonder no burp solution. I ordered a few bags to try out and plan to drop a hydrometer in there just to see how this plays out. I'm somewhat skeptical with a line of hopes this works. Would save some work.
View attachment 1960735
I haven't used them but those that have love them.

You're supposed to dry it down to around 60% then put it in the bag and it's supposed to finish curing although some have put mini hygros in the bag and complained that if they go in too wet they don't do well.

Week4Bytch

Week4Bytch

Supporter
I haven't used them but those that have love them.

You're supposed to dry it down to around 60% then put it in the bag and it's supposed to finish curing although some have put mini hygros in the bag and complained that if they go in too wet they don't do well.
I'll let the Frankenstein plant take one for the team... 😂 I knew she'd come handy somewhere.. yeah first time user here so, not fully convinced but curious.

RootsRuler

RootsRuler

I'll let the Frankenstein plant take one for the team... 😂 I knew she'd come handy somewhere.. yeah first time user here so, not fully convinced but curious.
They'll work but I'm not sure they're really worth the hassle. I get that some don't like having to burp their jars but, honestly, how much real time and effort do you need to burp jars?

May be if this was your first time growing and you don't want to fuck up the cure but then again, how are you going to learn if you let the bag do it?

Week4Bytch

Week4Bytch

Supporter
They'll work but I'm not sure they're really worth the hassle. I get that some don't like having to burp their jars but, honestly, how much real time and effort do you need to burp jars?

May be if this was your first time growing and you don't want to fuck up the cure but then again, how are you going to learn if you let the bag do it?
I'm use to the burping routine myself, lay them on their sides with lids off for half hour or so , depending on humidity, then once it's settled, just keep the lid tight and check them once in awhile. I can knock these bags as well as hype them up right now, but I haven't even used them yet so reservations are on at the moment. I will say what I like about them right now, the 1/4 pound bag is a great size, seems like you could store more than just regular sized mason jar in them. (two jars maybe?) and I'm already seeing how easy it is to store these bags when not in use. compared to the 10 or so jars I have piled up on each other in the closet.
PXL 20220811 044218150

RootsRuler

RootsRuler

I'm use to the burping routine myself, lay them on their sides with lids off for half hour or so , depending on humidity, then once it's settled, just keep the lid tight and check them once in awhile. I can knock these bags as well as hype them up right now, but I haven't even used them yet so reservations are on at the moment. I will say what I like about them right now, the 1/4 pound bag is a great size, seems like you could store more than just regular sized mason jar in them. (two jars maybe?) and I'm already seeing how easy it is to store these bags when not in use. compared to the 10 or so jars I have piled up on each other in the closet.
View attachment 1960766
I hear you on space.

I usually have extra jars so when I burp I transfer the flowers from one jar to another by pouring it into the other jar. Why? The bottom of the jar will hold the wettest flower. By pouring them the bottom flowers are on top and will be able to dry and cure properly while the dryer top flowers will now aid in equalizing the humidity in the jar and will be at the bottom of the jar. Having dryer flower at the bottom will also mitigate any mold that may form because of wet flower at the bottom of the jar.

Top Bottom