Fellow Farmers with academic degrees?

• Thread starter Tesseract
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
click80

click80

Managed two years at Va Tech (Go Hokies) ..... biology...seriously considering going back, maybe move up to denver, and finish a chem degree...the research on CB1 and CB2 receptors and the mounting evidence that suggests there are novel cannabinoid receptors is really cutting edge, especially with how it relates to relieving Alzheimers complications. The compound HU210 from Hebrew University is just one of the fantastic abstracts available...anyway yeah i've been schooled once or twice..mainly by my ex though...haha

.......howdy ya'll..:character0050:

click80

click80

The Brass Rat Course 2.

It is not where you go, the title, or the pay check. It is what you do and why you do it.

Do you try your best? Does your work make someone smile? If you die tomorrow, who would miss you?

My plants would definitely miss me :rollj:

...maybe my kids....:smirk

T

Tesseract

Managed two years at Va Tech (Go Hokies) ..... biology...seriously considering going back, maybe move up to denver, and finish a chem degree...the research on CB1 and CB2 receptors and the mounting evidence that suggests there are novel cannabinoid receptors is really cutting edge, especially with how it relates to relieving Alzheimers complications. The compound HU210 from Hebrew University is just one of the fantastic abstracts available...anyway yeah i've been schooled once or twice..mainly by my ex though...haha

.......howdy ya'll..:character0050:

Pretty amazing stuff! My mother was diagnosed with Alzheimer 5 years ago. She was a smoker before my older sister was born, and likes to eat aspartame, both of which according to new studies increase the risk by over 150%.

SHe is a stubborn baby boomer and so is my father. They do not live in a medical state and despite overwhelming evidence, continues to eat fake sugar supplements.

Thank you for wanting to help in the fight to overtake that awful disease. I am wishing I could shake your hand!

T

click80

click80

yeah i think aspartame is considered an excitotoxin...imo the correlation between AD and these excitotoxins is overwhelming...yet they are still used in mass quantities by the food industry....

Lets see Food Industry=lot of money=political bullshit...:sign0055:

crap am i thread jacking?...sorry...the issues surrounding AD are near and dear to me also...i will hit u with a pm when i can....hope your mum is doing okay

MileHighChic

MileHighChic

There are a lot of educated and intelligent people here..love it! I've always thought stoners were some of the smartest and most artistic people I know.:cool0010:

I don't have any sophisticated degree or anything...just a degree in Culinary Arts and Hospitality Management. Since baking and pastries are my repertoire, I will be def be cooking with THC. I've owned a busy restaurant in Denver for the last 5 years and love the Mile High City.

S

sharonlitchfiel

Golf Course Superintendent, Diploma in Horticulture "Turf Management"

T

Tesseract

yeah i think aspartame is considered an excitotoxin...imo the correlation between AD and these excitotoxins is overwhelming...yet they are still used in mass quantities by the food industry....

Lets see Food Industry=lot of money=political bullshit...:sign0055:

crap am i thread jacking?...sorry...the issues surrounding AD are near and dear to me also...i will hit u with a pm when i can....hope your mum is doing okay

No worries bro. This is an open thread and you can speak your mind all you want!

Your idea about the food industry is correct. like everything else, its all wrapped around politics and money. We see this with fluoride in the water. Anyone who still thinks fluoride is there to help your teeth is wrong. It was used as a form of prozac in Russia during WWII to help keep people calm. Sodium fluoride is over 50% of rat poison. It is not allowed in the water in China and the EU. If the Gov. really cared about your teeth, they would give you free health care or pump the water full of healthy vitamins or minerals.
The funny thing is, it comes down to common sense. Fluoride is a topical solution. You don't ingest sun tan lotion to prevent a sun burn, so why would you drink fluoride to help your teeth?

Guess who was the chairman of the company that brought aspartame to the market? Good ol' Donald Rumsfeld! What a nice guy!

Thanks for the kind words and thanks again for all the wonderful research and your time spent obtaining it! I try and spend as much time with my mom as I can and hope that she will pass without too much discomfort.

T

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
Just curious--have you ever seen the teeth of people who didn't get enough fluoride? Kids who didn't?

T

Tesseract

Just curious--have you ever seen the teeth of people who didn't get enough fluoride? Kids who didn't?

Haha! living in the south, yes!

With brushing, flossing, ect.. the need for fluoride is obsolete. Proper care is the preventative! Notice how every product with fluoride states "do not ingest"? When you brush, you spit out the toothpaste. Why? because of the fluoride. When the dentist gives you a fluoride treatment at the end of the app. (for kids under 18 I believe) you spit it out. The concentrations of it in our water supply are immense. We use a shit ton of it! More then any other country in the world.

We are lied to constantly about products. Cigarettes, food preservatives, hydrogenated oils, ect... Next up is cell phones, followed by fake sugar and fluoride. Promise!

In no way trying to lecturer or preach, just want to give my fellow people some worthy information. take it with a grain of salt!

T

B

Bobby Smith

Golf Course Superintendent, Diploma in Horticulture "Turf Management"

Now that's a fucking job I could get down with (save for the early morning hours).

Was a scratch a couple of years ago, up to a 2.4 now (no short game).

Ohiofarmer

Ohiofarmer

Click, i too have been very interested in the effect of cannabis extractions in conjunction with alzheimer's disease as well as how our government/food administration blantently feeds the masses food that is knowen to cause ADD, ADHD, DEPRESSION AS WELL AS EVERY OTHER DISEASE WHICH COMMON SENSE TELLS US CAN'T HAPPEN....LIKE CANCER FOR INSTANCE. It's all very very interesting if your research it thorughly, most people don't even realize this but wheat and flour aren't even from a "real" plant. wheat was genetically modified over 100 years ago. If you even go to google and type in modified foods. a list of pretty much eveything we eat will be on there. I feel as though life is taking me down the path of exploring how cannabis extractions not only heal people but how cannabis itself has a symbiotic relationship with humans and how the cannabis furthers human synergy within ourselves. I feel this is the first step towards promoting cannabis internationally,anyways just wnated to through that in there take it easy guys.

Don't Panic! Grow Organic!

K

kuz

Whats the story with that. I started a thread about chemical salts in the "treating yourself" forum. I'd like hear the opinions of somebody with your background if you would care to input something to that thread.

click80

click80

Click, i too have been very interested in the effect of cannabis extractions in conjunction with alzheimer's disease as well as how our government/food administration blantently feeds the masses food that is knowen to cause ADD, ADHD, DEPRESSION AS WELL AS EVERY OTHER DISEASE WHICH COMMON SENSE TELLS US CAN'T HAPPEN....LIKE CANCER FOR INSTANCE. It's all very very interesting if your research it thorughly, most people don't even realize this but wheat and flour aren't even from a "real" plant. wheat was genetically modified over 100 years ago. If you even go to google and type in modified foods. a list of pretty much eveything we eat will be on there. I feel as though life is taking me down the path of exploring how cannabis extractions not only heal people but how cannabis itself has a symbiotic relationship with humans and how the cannabis furthers human synergy within ourselves. I feel this is the first step towards promoting cannabis internationally,anyways just wnated to through that in there take it easy guys.

Here is a little history for whats it is worth...I started smoking herb in the mid 70s...never liked it...Over the years I have had friends who did smoke promoting the many benefits...to be honest i never gave much weight to the wonders of cannabis....well live and learn......

In '93 I had a 26 foot fall on a construction job....many surgeries later i found myself dependent on opiates for pain relief....Finally found a shoulder surgeon who fixed the main cause of my pain. I tried repeatedly to stop taking pain pills, but i found out i was hooked...and in a bad way...keep in mind that I had been on strong opiates for over 10 years....

Moved out here when my uncle died and the fam needed someone to live in his house...met a nice lady who convinced me to try some of her "resin extracts" to replace the pain meds....it frigging worked...Keep in mind that I had honestly, and with all my strength tried to stop taking pain meds. I had even spent 4 weeks in one of the top rehab facilities in the country that had a special rehab unit for people who had become dependent on opiates for medical reasons. The kind of funny part is that I still do not like smoking it, but I totally enjoy extracts. It is so much of a different feeling. Learning is so much easier if I take a little butter, and I really mean just a little, before I sit down with my old school books. Yes I am reasonably certain that I am ADD.

So yes, I am all about marijuana now. Just the application of cannabis in opiate addiction would be a major and i mean major discovery....but I know from the research I have read that there is also many more applications for cannabis in fighting human disease....

I have now made up my mind to find out what makes cannabinoids so special. I am lucky enough to be able to go back to school. My children are doing their thing, 2 already graduated, one at UVA. i am currently spending about 5 hours a day catching up on my math, biology, general and organic chemistry. If you ever get a chance, check out ITunes University. They have complete videocasts and podcasts of courses from the likes of MIT, U C Berkely etc.... So glad I kept all my school books, a little dated but they are doing the trick.

Cannabis extracts saved my life. Perhaps not in the literal sense, but having to depend on opiates to just feel normal was not a life worth living. I know that might sound histrionic to some, but i know there are people here that know what i am stating is true. Cannabis is truly unique and one day in the not too distant future there will be many people scratching there heads, saying "who would have known".....

M

mal

Premium Member
Supporter
Football got me in

Went to Il Wesleyan for chemical engineering. I applied at ND, Bucknell, IU(Illinois), and Dartmouth was turned down by all for chem eng. Asked my football coach to call, new coach was on board of admissions, made call/was in. I only lasted 3 years, my summer job was paying 20$/hr in 1980. Quit college and joined the world of the working, been growing ever since

mal

marski420

marski420

Most of us are nerds in something bro ;)

Early congrats on graduating! I can tell you have a genuine lust for knowledge.

I know what you mean about people on here being extremely intelligent. When it comes down to it, it's all for the love of the plant. Now thats love:heart

I am not sure how it is for others with vast knowledge on here but College is just not my path.

I must float a disclaimer. When I talk in any sense about my self, I mean to do so humbly. I have, and forever will, think I am ignorant to many things because there is so much to soak in. I am an extremely humble person within regards to my character and wisdom.

The present state of academic education has never matched up with my learning abilities. I was a ho hum student until around highschool. The model of education and environment was the same, but I had better teachers and more interesting classes.
When i went to Purdue for ME, I did okay, but did not feel like this was right. I love working on cars, building things, tinkering ect. so I love ME, but would always be pissed having to do calculus work when friends would be drawing, taking pictures, or something of the sort. I am an artist at heart too, so I was split and left after 3 semesters. I went back home and thought, well....whats next.

I decided that I would take the hard road in our culture, and work to find the ability to be successful without academic education.

I have come to understand how my brain works, and it works in a different matter for most. It just doesn't match up with the model.

When I first meet people, I usually don't observe the obvious. Things like facial characteristics, body type ect is in my mind, but on the "back burner" so to speak. Instead, I feel the energy from that person. I can see all I need to see through instinctual feeling within my mind.
Another example is music. I will pick up melody, beat, rhythm, ect before I concentrate on lyrics.
When I am working on mathematical solutions, I feel the answers like a gut instinct, only much more powerful. Its like feeling objects in my mind and associating them with numbers. Similar to how some people think in shapes and colors.

My mentor is Carl Sagan. He was a lover of knowledge, space, philosophy, spirituality, and a genuine lover of the human race. He also smoked the herb:pimp:
I strive to be that good of a person every chance I get. I think I would be a philanthropist if I had the money.

I have run by the motto of "he who controls food is king, he who controls knowledge is God." It seems to that knowledge in our conscious universe is everything. I could care less about money, objects, power, ect... just give me some real truth the the way things are. I just want to learn and do.

I am currently a graphic artist, photographer, handy man to my own house (total remodel of a '36 cottage) as well as many others. Everything was soaked in using the internet, books, magazines, and good ol' fashioned people. Trail and error never hurt either!
I am a successful indoor horticulturist and spend loads of my time helping others build their rooms and the like. My success is by no means a product of monetary values although its nice to finally make good money.
The best part is, I have no schedule other then what I make of it. I work hard, but answer to no one which I like. I can stay home on a monday while my friends are working and usually typing "case of the mondays" or something like that on their facebook. I DO work hard though and have no idle hands.

I still, will always give my advice as yes, go to college. This is just me and how I operate.
I have always somewhat gone against the grain of society in one way or another for the better. People become stagnant and ignorant in mass. I feel I am here to supply character within that grain by taking that hard road and being me.
Given proper education and love, we ALL have the ability to unlock our individual intellect and contribute to the world and beyond. I sometimes feel a loss when people say, "I can't do that" or "I am not that smart", when given proper info and a genuine interest , I know they could excel.

With that said, I may go someday for free, for fun, but am not in a hurry.

Enough about me though! This thread is about YOU guys! People on here need your knowledge, and the truth. Glad you guys could make it!

T

I'm 97% just like you my friend.. Almost everything you have said I can say is just like me.. everything but tinkering on cars haha.. I'm not the best hands on person but can get the job done if I need to. Example, building and assembling a grow space.. I used common sense + logic and a couple simple tools and had great success, even though I had never really spent time to build things. I dont believe in our education systems,monetary systems, religous systems and especially the government system. I am only 22 but have been on the outskirts of mainstream reality since I was 15 or so.. I never learned properly in a class room, I learn properly through experience and through others experience. All I want in life, like you is the truth.. Everybody is so up to date on everything thats not truly important that they dont even really know themselves anymore.. If anyone reading this thinks going to school, getting a job, getting married/ having kids is the only life you can have then you have been terribly mislead! I have worked hard and to tell you the truth I would rather work my brain harder so my body will last longer.. Especially to those who work days/nights, your stressin your body out and its no good for ya.. whats good for ya is family + friends love, and to enjoy life rather than be a slave at a dead end job.

This is why I grow.. Learning about plants, plus having bomb bud is the best gift of all. Without bud I would have never seen the truth, also to learn about plant biology is to learn a fair bit about ourselves.. People in religion want god, look up at the universe.. the stars and planets all have electro magnetic energy, including our very own earth.. everything that has life on this earth has electro magnetic energy, which literally means the stars and planets are just as alive and conscious as we are.. I'll stop rambling on now but its nice to meet someone who shares open mindedness,
one love my bro's

M

mellofello

I have a degree in philosophy and currently studying for an Masters in philosophy. Not all that relevant to growing but I do think the logical based thinking helps me. Maybe. Or maybe I'm trying to justify all that debt!

In the UK one of the big hydro shops has partnered with one of those distance learning places to offer a course in hydropoics, theory and technique. Been thinking about taking this on the side just to give my knowledge more depth.

Personally I think that growing makes you have to learn alot of new things. Through growing I've become alot better at improvising and finding solutions to problems. How am I gonna do what I want to do when I'm gonna have to make / find various parts to build it/ get it to work. Also, and I'm not proud of this, growing has helped me learn to lie. I used to be a terrible liar (i mean seriously I'd try play a game of cheat and people would laugh) but growing has forced me to lie and decieve people for my own security. I learnt pretty quick.

One last thing ......
yes, I visited Great Britain once.....:character0050:
(sorry couldnt resist that one)

watch it you slaaaaaaaaaag :pimp:

peace

mello

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
The *only* other philosophy major I know loves to debate. I agree with you regarding how growing forces you to learn new things, but would expand that and suggest that learning the husbandry of anything that lives would do the same. It's been my experience, at least.

opt1c

opt1c

fwiw the plant science profs rn't all they're cracked up to be... one of those when you start teaching you stop learning things coupled with how specialized everyone gets by the end of their studies; you got one guy doing root transpiration; one guy doing stomata; etc... i've found that the indoor medical growers still are leaps and bounds ahead of the academic world... most academics have never seen a dwc setup before let alone a rdwc setup raging; shit is still alien to em

i was at a public q&a session for winter vegetables and i knew more about ipm programs and organic alternatives than the speaker and i don't even specialize in organics; just things like azatrol and sucrashield are old hat to us whereas the rest of the gardening population has never heard of em

fwiw i have a ba in american lit and culture from ucla

Top Bottom