Feminized Vs. Normal Seeds

• Thread starter h4ppyf4rmer
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
jumpincactus

jumpincactus

Premium Member
Supporter
My .2cents....... cash croppers or personal users that are restricted in turn and burn schedules want/use fems............. Breeders and chuckers that want to become breeders hold and use beanz. Its a old skool train of thought that any time you alter something natural with chems or stuff the purists believe it isnt a good thing. Each to their own.
The way I look at feminized seeds, simply put they are hermaphrodites in disguise. Yes, you are more likely to produce females yet they still carry the herm gene.

The problem I have is when irresponsible breeding occurs using females from a feminized plant passing on the herm gene. Polluting genetic lineage. Same reason a True Indica or Sativa is hard to come by, these days everything is a hybrid which has Indica or Sativa tendencies. Unless you are lucky to explore finding your own land race strains around the world.
Well put. Thank you

lino

lino

I was expecting a debate from someone about cannabis plants in the wild throwing Hermy's... The argument is a bunch of bullshit. if anyone is curious I will explain with DNA why cannabis reveals (low THC cannabis) Heirlooms are monoecious plant and the plants we smoke are dioecious. I might have used the wrong spelling, 2 ways to spell these words and they have different meanings, sorry
"Purest"
This lack of purity has ruined our food and cannabis crops causing new sickness and disease in humans that consume these GMO's. GMO, in-bred palnts and stripping crop water is causing Trans kids and sick ppl but boy oh boy it sure taste good.
You guys and your plants should refrain from having unprotected sex with transsexuals, many unsafe aspects to this practices.

Hermy's in the wild,,, mother nature breeds em out...... wonder why she does that>?.... Growers dont.

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

I was expecting a debate from someone about cannabis plants in the wild throwing Hermy's... The argument is a bunch of bullshit. if anyone is curious I will explain with DNA why cannabis reveals (low THC cannabis) Heirlooms are monoecious plant and the plants we smoke are dioecious. I might have used the wrong spelling, 2 ways to spell these words and they have different meanings, sorry
"Purest"
This lack of purity has ruined our food and cannabis crops causing new sickness and disease in humans that consume these GMO's. GMO, in-bred palnts and stripping crop water is causing Trans kids and sick ppl but boy oh boy it sure taste good.
You guys and your plants should refrain from having unprotected sex with transsexuals, many unsafe aspects to this practices.

Hermy's in the wild,,, mother nature breeds em out...... wonder why she does that>?.... Growers dont.

This is all speculation. You don't have any info about GMO and human reversal. Lol.

And feminizing seeds is not "GMO".

And all cannabis can reverse. It is obviously in the genetics already. And they can even out in the wild but there are males outside normally so they don't have to.

It's about no males being present more likely.

Cannabis is dioecious. That means it has seperate male and female parts but it has nothing to do with reversal. It can grow both.

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

I couldn't have said it better myself!

Yes you could have. Making feminized seed is nothing like genetic modification. Lol. You can reverse them simply with stress.

Chemicals like STS simply halt ethelyne production. That is a hormone released to cause female flowers to bloom.

No genetics lab needed. The plant is already coded this way naturally.

P

PharmHand

From what I understand feminized seeds are no more likely to herm than reg seeds. It's more to do w the genetics of the parent plant/plants. Years ago I ran a bunch of different DNA fem strains and not a single issue with seeds. However there was the odd mutant that I culled early. Then I ran some Cali connection fems and dam near everyone hermed. So I went back to reg seeds and still get the odd herm even from reputable breeders so idk. I got some fem seed junky beans I just popped and 4 of 12 won't open their cotelydons ,just staying closed up. Never seen that with reggie seeds

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

From what I understand feminized seeds are no more likely to herm than reg seeds. It's more to do w the genetics of the parent plant/plants. Years ago I ran a bunch of different DNA fem strains and not a single issue with seeds. However there was the odd mutant that I culled early. Then I ran some Cali connection fems and dam near everyone hermed. So I went back to reg seeds and still get the odd herm even from reputable breeders so idk. I got some fem seed junky beans I just popped and 4 of 12 won't open their cotelydons ,just staying closed up. Never seen that with reggie seeds

This is exactly right! The results are in the quality of breeding.

And us growers of course :-)

lino

lino

Hermies odds from Fem's - a fact proven in a punnett chart

lino

lino

Well lets define Genetic Modification Organism - This usually means modified by man made chemicals.

MeGI and DOI genes in cannabis are modified with man made chemicals to make Feminized seeds.

So not only did we manipulate the DNA, WITH MAN MADE CHEMICALs we manipulated the chromosomes with man made chemical... If I spray you with estrogen until you grow lactating tits I have GM your SRY gene. Man made hermies with chemicals are GMO'd by shear definition, in fact I cant think of better example,,,, roundup we just add some resistance to a gene. Hermy's,, thats a wacked gene missing some chromes homies. When god does it , its a mutant, when we do it its a GMO, both are manipulated gene con seds and should be avoided if you having unprotected sex or for consumption.

In the wild the MeGI gene is rarely switched by the DOI gene permanently in a cannabi strain. In other words God will breed out the hermy using a Natural punnett chart , this is why when we look at the DNA of cannabis heirlooms they are monoesious plant and hybrids are dioesious . That is the DNA documentation of the human intervention and DNA manipulation, GMO rite before our eyes.

h4ppyf4rmer

h4ppyf4rmer

Yea buddy its called pheno huntin............ Find that fire pheno and make a mother.

yes but how can you tell what's a pheno versus a standard female to keep as a mother without growing it completely out? do I take clones from all the female plants during veg, flower all the females, and keep only the clones from the best female?

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

Well lets define Genetic Modification Organism - This usually means modified by man made chemicals.

MeGI and DOI genes in cannabis are modified with man made chemicals to make Feminized seeds.

So not only did we manipulate the DNA, WITH MAN MADE CHEMICALs we manipulated the chromosomes with man made chemical... If I spray you with estrogen until you grow lactating tits I have GM your SRY gene. Man made hermies with chemicals are GMO'd by shear definition, in fact I cant think of better example,,,, roundup we just add some resistance to a gene. Hermy's,, thats a wacked gene missing some chromes homies. When god does it , its a mutant, when we do it its a GMO, both are manipulated gene con seds and should be avoided if you having unprotected sex or for consumption.

In the wild the MeGI gene is rarely switched by the DOI gene permanently in a cannabi strain. In other words God will breed out the hermy using a Natural punnett chart , this is why when we look at the DNA of cannabis heirlooms they are monoesious plant and hybrids are dioesious . That is the DNA documentation of the human intervention and DNA manipulation, GMO rite before our eyes.

You are just expanding your original comment here.

There is no genetic modification of the plant when making feminized seeds. It will make them anyway if left alone to ripen too long anyway.

It is already in its genetic code

Only the male chromosome is missing. No modification of genes here. Now harsh pesticides are a different thing. They are poisons.

lino

lino

You are just expanding your original comment here.

There is no genetic modification of the plant when making feminized seeds. It will make them anyway if left alone to ripen too long anyway.

It is already in its genetic code

Only the male chromosome is missing. No modification of genes here. Now harsh pesticides are a different thing. They are poisons.
this comment is ignorant or your just trying to yank my chain or your just miss leading readers for what purpose IDK.....

Id like to hold a conversation with you but you'll have to stop the blatant out rite mis-info. Gene modification happens naturally by God, random selection, We do GMO, forced specific and not random gene selection.

lino

lino

That's the kicker ;) most think a gmo is a pesticide and that's it.
Gene Mod of organisms has nothing to do with pesticides.
Chemicals - mod genes
particle bombardment - mod genes
enzymes , which would fall under chemicals - mod genes
This is how man GMO's . No pesticides needed to create GMO. Many pesticides will modify genes tho and create GMOs but thats not the intent of the pesticide to GMO the plant.

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

this comment is ignorant or your just trying to yank my chain or your just miss leading readers for what purpose IDK.....

Id like to hold a conversation with you but you'll have to stop the blatant out rite mis-info. Gene modification happens naturally by God, random selection, We do GMO, forced specific and not random gene selection.

I used an incorrect term. But my intent was pretty obvious I thought.

I am saying reversal happens naturally anyway. And we know that stopping the production of ethylene will force male flowers. That is what happens at the end of their life cycle anyway. So we merely stop the plants ethylene production through various methods. Some safer than others admittedly.

But you are suggesting his process yields dangerous flowers the way a pesticide can alter the plant and harm us.

And you are also claiming land race plants are in a different classification than say hybrids.

And I am disagreeing and would like to see proof of these claims as I have learned otherwise through pretty extensive reading.

lino

lino

I used an incorrect term. But my intent was pretty obvious I thought.

I am saying reversal happens naturally anyway. And we know that stopping the production of ethylene will force male flowers. That is what happens at the end of their life cycle anyway. So we merely stop the plants ethylene production through various methods. Some safer than others admittedly.

But you are suggesting his process yields dangerous flowers the way a pesticide can alter the plant and harm us.

And you are also claiming land race plants are in a different classification than say hybrids.

And I am disagreeing and would like to see proof of these claims as I have learned otherwise through pretty extensive reading.
thk you for this comment, one of the most manly disagreements ON THIS SITE that Ive ever had. Most debates are with no merit, some comment with no fact, not even an opinion sometimes with just attacks.

Clarification, No I'm not saying DANGEROUS. Im saying GMO is not HEALTHY. Dr's even with there green diets suggest supplements and most nutritionist agree that engineered crops have lost heirloom nutritional qualities. A disruption in minerals and vitamins.
Consuming transgender has some currently controversial topics and makes for a fun debate. Studies are suggesting a correlations to gender class / Identification disruption and the consumption of feminized food and its offspring. Transgender by its very nature is a disruption in hormones and chromes and DNA.

I believe we'll be able to engineer Some nutrition back into the crops soon.

lino

lino

Ive wrote some Yuge threads on taxonomy , nomenclature and the re-classification of cannabis and the new family tree. I dont want to re-do that again on a hermy thread. But for clarification I' will clarify what I think your addressing as to "land race Cannabis plants are differen classification" in some of the next post regarding this topic of classification.
NO, all cannabis will be in the same family tree, classification. I dont want to debate which one is correct.

lino

lino

I will go into some new points and gene sequences that I havent mentioned before. I sent the complex stuff off to some peeps that wanted exact gene location. I dont get that stuff. That was just too much for this thread, but I'll break down some proof as requested.
This point is that when we eliminate a (Y) chrome we lost DNA. In a cattle yard we'll have 1 bad azz bull who carries these traits. The bull carries genes of vigor, endurance, size and on and on... But I need to prove that the DNA helix'S , one in the (X) chrome and one in the (Y) chrome contain SPECIFIC DNA that define our traits. Once we prove that, we understand that feminized organisms are weak and frail and gay/hermy sissy boys and to survive some of the girls can get rough and tough.
Again in a natural punnet breeding chart, (bred in the wild) , will normalize the crop back to more vigorous crop and strain.

The work presented here describes a single DNA fragment generated by one decamer primer that appears to be closely associated to the male phenotype in different cannabis cultivars and accessions and its transformation into a sequence-characterized amplified region (SCAR) marker allowing a rapid and specific identification of the male sex.
So Ive explain what I know about the MeGI and DOI gene sequence in cannabis and this topic leads us into Male and Female specific genes and their traits. But first we need to remeber that the MeGI and DOI genes are found in both DNA Helix in each chrome X and Y. So with that said we'll always have the hermy/gay genes and traits.
Some of may already know this but when you Feminize a Female organism, Plant or animal you will lose the Y chrome. So here is fun fact to ponder. Why is the cannabis hermy's and hermy in our kids similarly abundant? Gibbs, and other hormones are sprayed on food and cannabis crops. hmmmm...
so we have found cannabis DNA genes that we have found on ONLY the Y chrome, Male plants.
OPA8400 a con sed that has other Male specific DNA genes and are almost never found in female plants. more specific below. We'r finding that the MADC2 and even the MADC1 DNA gene sequence are relevant in many traits Male traits. I think and dont quote me on this but I suspect that MADC1 is not a accurate male associate and might have Female influences also.So even tho MADC1 is thought to me a Male DNA only, it has been found that is not and I Think it will be found in Females more often than currently documented.
The PROOF is in the RAPD band of the DNA slabs. This proves that eliminating the Y chrome genetically modifies the organism to Not have these traits anymore.
it was found that the decamer primer OPA8 (5@-GTGACGTAGG-3@), when tested on the dioecious cultivars , produced a band of approximately 400 bp that appeared to be male-specific. To check the possibility that the OPA8400 band was linked to the male phenotype, we screened a group of 167 plants belonging to seven commercial cultivars (5 dioecious and 2 monoecious) and seven accessions from germplasm banks or collections for the presence or absence of this 400-bp marker. The results are summarized shows the amplification patterns produced by the primer OPA8 on 30 of the plants tested. The presence of the 400-bp band is clearly evident in all male plants, as is its absence in female plants. Only in 2 cases out of 36 in cv , and in 1 case out of 22 in cv did a female plant show the OPA8400 marker;
Feminized
in monoecious plants, the RAPD band was always missing, at least in all of the samples we examined. In the other cultivars and accessions tested, the association of this band with the male phenotype was constant.

Hard to find this naming fact but the DNA sequences were named MADC1 and MADC2 (Male-Associated DNA from Cannabis sativa), according to the nomenclature in 1995. Sakamoto was one of the scientist on this project if you feel compelled to google.

Last edited:
Top Bottom