FEMS---S1's

• Thread starter JAWS
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
P

paco666

^^^^^ that makes a lot of sense to me.....

an s1 is a femmed seed..... a femmed seed is not neccassarilly a s1...depending if the pollen donor is itself, a genetic clone, or another female......?

Krypto

Krypto

Thailand is where the Hermies run rampant! ha!
I usually stick with regular seeds myself. Not that I haven't had some great plants that came from feminized seed. AJ Sour Diesel from loud, King Louie from Cali Connection, and right now a killer skunk haze from cbd-crew... I just prefer regular seeds for personal reasons. I think when someone snatches up a clone, sprays it with colloidal silver and sells those seeds, they're not really a breeder in my opinion.

PinkyDaDevil

PinkyDaDevil

I have another question, if I pop some fem beans then reverse one of them to get some pollen, then use said pollen to pollinate the remaining females, am I going to end up with more fem beans?

Krypto

Krypto

I'm pretty sure that's the process. The Offspring however aren't getting the DNA from the male side of things... I think. I'm not sure exactly.

Krypto

Krypto

I have another question, if I pop some fem beans then reverse one of them to get some pollen, then use said pollen to pollinate the remaining females, am I going to end up with more fem beans?
You're from NorCal? I lived there for about seven years. Redwood City

dankninja

dankninja

ok no. if you reverse FEM seed-borne plants to produce male pollin, and then pollinate your already FEM R1 or S1 plant with itself or another FEM plant, you have created S2 or R2 genetics. which are garbage, unless you are doing experiments in recessive genes.

S1 - self 1st generation
S2 - self 2nd generation (hermie prone, weak)
R1 - reversed pollin from one female, applied to another different female
R2 - 2nd generation (see above) (and again, hermie prone, and weak)

try growing regular beans, finding a PURE mother, cloning her, then reverse one cut, and pollinate other. S1/FEM. dont muddy our gene pool with S2s and R2s. seriously.

J

Jbs

And from where did you get that misinformation from? Spreading myths me thinks.

dankninja

dankninja

curious how one line responses dont explain anything.

if you reverse plants grown from already femmed seeds, you WILL genetically be muddying your gene pool. you will have created S2 or R2 genetics. there is no misinformation there.

but go ahead and do that. after youve sprayed hermie pollin all over your grows for run after run, because you used hermie pollin from femmed plants on more femmed plants. I dont care really. just trying to help clear up some "misinformation".

dankninja

dankninja

lol a wise idea. ill stick around for the snappy retort from whoever that is. my information is gathered from my own experiences.

J

Jbs

Responses like yours show me you have a lack of understanding of genetics and I'm not going to pose as an expert but I know enough to know that's not how it works. Not only that, I do have my own experiences making/using/growing my own fem seeds and had none of the experiences you claim. Also your claims on calling it 'hermie pollen' are just mistaken.

Alas you speak from your experiences, I speak from mine. We both think we're right but I know who really is :).

[/snappy retort]

Mr Bee

Mr Bee

ok no. if you reverse FEM seed-borne plants to produce male pollin, and then pollinate your already FEM R1 or S1 plant with itself or another FEM plant, you have created S2 or R2 genetics. which are garbage, unless you are doing experiments in recessive genes.

S1 - self 1st generation
S2 - self 2nd generation (hermie prone, weak)
R1 - reversed pollin from one female, applied to another different female
R2 - 2nd generation (see above) (and again, hermie prone, and weak)

try growing regular beans, finding a PURE mother, cloning her, then reverse one cut, and pollinate other. S1/FEM. dont muddy our gene pool with S2s and R2s. seriously.
Iv ran s2 gsc and they gave off inferior phenoes.i bought em as gsc fems thinking s1 but it wasn't until I got em I realised they were s2.they were intentionally made s2 not just a femmes seed throwing rogue herm pollon and while the phenoes were what I would call inferior sexually they were solid.ie-no nanners

dankninja

dankninja

Responses like yours show me you have a lack of understanding of genetics and I'm not going to pose as an expert but I know enough to know that's not how it works. Not only that, I do have my own experiences making/using/growing my own fem seeds and had none of the experiences you claim. Also your claims on calling it 'hermie pollen' are just mistaken.

Alas you speak from your experiences, I speak from mine. We both think we're right but I know who really is :).

[/snappy retort]
wow touche lil guy. heres the thing. you come on with 10 posts to your name. Ive made my own fem seeds they are on this site. telling people "yes" to a complicated question like selfing and feminizing already femmed plants is ridiculous. i dont have the patience to do the riu thing with you. youre obviously so stuck on being mistaken, you actually think telling people to eff up their grows is a good idea. you cant expect anything good to come out of re femming already femmed plants. keep trolling tho champ. im here im real ive been doing this for decades. troll away.

Latest posts

Top Bottom