Finally! An organic pH up--Humax

• Thread starter Seamaiden
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
I'm not at home right now, but I'm at a friend's and I'm pretty sure I saw some containers of Humega here. I honestly don't recall ever smelling ammonia from my Humax. If it's a faint scent, though, I very well may have missed it. Got sniffer issues.

leadsled

leadsled

GrowRU
I'm not at home right now, but I'm at a friend's and I'm pretty sure I saw some containers of Humega here. I honestly don't recall ever smelling ammonia from my Humax. If it's a faint scent, though, I very well may have missed it. Got sniffer issues.

Sorry to hear you got sniffer issues. Well if you get chance does not hurt to know.

I did not notice until I took a whiff.

leadsled

leadsled

GrowRU
Wanted to give an update on the bioAG fulvic.

I used the bioAG. Mixed in the res checked ph and then checked again after 24 hours. Stable.
The BioAG fulpower does not seem to effect ph (lower it) like the flavor fulv fulvic does.

M

Ms.Stumbleine

Humic = brown/purple color liq
Fulvic = gold color liquid

i use BIO NOVA citric acid for down.

Excellent thread

Hey, Mud Man! Where do you order your citric acid online? If so, can you tell me what site? I'm having trouble finding it, but want a natural ph balancer for down.

Thanks!

B

Bioponic

Wanted to give an update on the bioAG fulvic.

I used the bioAG. Mixed in the res checked ph and then checked again after 24 hours. Stable.
The BioAG fulpower does not seem to effect ph (lower it) like the flavor fulv fulvic does.

That is because FlavorFul, Diamond Nectar and other fulvics are chemically extracted. I have put allot of time and money experimenting with many of the fulvics and the chemically extracted ones just don't work as good but they will bring your pH down LOL. Kind of expensive as a pH adjuster if you ask me.

leadsled

leadsled

GrowRU
That is because FlavorFul, Diamond Nectar and other fulvics are chemically extracted. I have put allot of time and money experimenting with many of the fulvics and the chemically extracted ones just don't work as good but they will bring your pH down LOL. Kind of expensive as a pH adjuster if you ask me.

I thought that was pretty obvious by now (if you read the entire thread) Thanks for sharing. I use fulvic/humic as additives, ph levels are just a side effect of some of the products.

My point is to be aware of what each product does and how it effects ph. Not to buy humic or fulvic just for ph adjustment. :) Yes, I do agree that would be expensive for ph adjustment. But then I am adding organics, not adding chemicals to my soup.

O

organiclover

i use earthjuice micro blast to bring my ph down
i used to not be that concerned about ph since i grown organically
but my Chemdog D kept getting deficient in mg - she likes a lot of mg
then i stated ph my mixture - my tap water after going through big boy water filter is 7.8
but my solution would always be low - i narrowed it down to the earth juice products
now that i am keeping a better eye on things and using less EJ no more mg problems

B

Bioponic

Hey Leadsled,

I have read the whole thread but it has been a few weeks ago. Sorry for the empty post. I just think it is worth mentioning that chemically extracted fulvics can be a little disappointing thats all. Trust me I a a big proponent BioAg fulvic and humic products. I have yet to use anything better, especially when it comes to fulvic acid and their Ful-Power and I have tried MANY including all the brown "fulvic concentrated powders" from china, austrailia, turkey, czeck, and mexico. They are actually humic and fulvic allot like HumiSolve.

Anyways, kudos to you, Saltr and Seamaiden for your large contributions to a great thread.

M

Mmmmasonite

A good way to lower and raise ph naturally is to use silica(Silica Blast) for up and (fulvic acid) Mad Farmer N.U.T.S. for down.....The fulvic is also great to breakdown nutes and lower ph midway through your rez week.... when ph tends to raise and nutrients are being recycled and need to be further broken down for consumption by the plant.................Peace

M

mrbong73

It's been my (limited)experience and understanding (also limited) that if you are growing using a medium that contains a decent amount of organic material, ie compost, ewc, humus etc. the need for adding agents for the purpose of PH adjustment is really not there.

For example, my tap water is PH 8.0. Some of the things I add to my water have a PH of 3-4. (fish hydrolysate, EM-1, fermented nettle, etc) sometimes bringing the PH of the water to 4.5 or so and I haven't seen anything other than nice healthy growth.

I really don't bother checking PH anymore unless I'm fermenting something (Em-1, FPE) which needs to hit PH 3.2 - 3.5 or so.

Anyway, just a thought.

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
I use coco coir for my indoor growing, and so must have control over all parameters, especially pH. This is where I utilize the pH adjustment properties of the Humax.

M

mrbong73

I use coco coir for my indoor growing, and so must have control over all parameters, especially pH. This is where I utilize the pH adjustment properties of the Humax.

Yeah I hear ya.
Hey not sure if you're using liquid silicon or not but ,like was posted elsewhere, it does seem to raise the ph of tap water. (at least that's what I witnessed when I tried it) went from 7.0 to 8.0

EDIT: ok duh, guess i didn't read the thread again. sorry for the repeats

I use Dyna gro Pro-tekt in all my applications (foliar and soil drench) and it really does make a difference.

But then I added 1 oz of fish hydrolysate (in 1 gal.) and the ph went to 5.0

Liquid kelp and fulvic acid didn't budge the ph at all.

M

Mmmmasonite

It's been my (limited)experience and understanding (also limited) that if you are growing using a medium that contains a decent amount of organic material, ie compost, ewc, humus etc. the need for adding agents for the purpose of PH adjustment is really not there.

For example, my tap water is PH 8.0. Some of the things I add to my water have a PH of 3-4. (fish hydrolysate, EM-1, fermented nettle, etc) sometimes bringing the PH of the water to 4.5 or so and I haven't seen anything other than nice healthy growth.

I really don't bother checking PH anymore unless I'm fermenting something (Em-1, FPE) which needs to hit PH 3.2 - 3.5 or so.

Anyway, just a thought.

Yeah.... for soil this is a great game plan....... hydro is different .....cause all of ur adjustments can only be done to the water....not the medium.....

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
Yeah I hear ya.
Hey not sure if you're using liquid silicon or not but ,like was posted elsewhere, it does seem to raise the ph of tap water. (at least that's what I witnessed when I tried it) went from 7.0 to 8.0

EDIT: ok duh, guess i didn't read the thread again. sorry for the repeats

I use Dyna gro Pro-tekt in all my applications (foliar and soil drench) and it really does make a difference.

But then I added 1 oz of fish hydrolysate (in 1 gal.) and the ph went to 5.0

Liquid kelp and fulvic acid didn't budge the ph at all.
Silicablast can indeed be used to raise pH, tap water, especially mine, is easy to shift upwards due to alkalinity (general and carbonate hardness) and in the situations where I use straight well water I just don't bother changing pH. Silica is a great pH up for RO/DI water, as is the Humax, but silica doesn't offer the other benefits of Humax. Also, I use rice hulls in my coco mix, and they provide potassium silicate (which means that I have to formulate feeds with almost no K, as coco already has a high available level).

The liquid organics, hydrolysates, guano teas (pre-bottled), etcetera, ALL drop pH drastically, down into the 4's when mixing into RO/DI water.

Now, organic soil, outdoors, those girls get the drippers during the week and that water is 100% unfiltered in any way, and normally receive weekly feedings through nutrient teas. Except last year, when our granddaughter was living with us, my girls didn't get a damn thing. Couple of applications of urine, two or three feedings of carbs, and two or three Bt sprays (that cost me on the Mendo Purps cross). Otherwise, not a bit of care outside building a frame to staple Hortonova to. In this growing situation, there is no need at all to muck around adjusting pH of feed or water, no need at all.

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
I haven't a clue! But I'm curious, are you getting that DE to dissolve in the RO water completely? It's got to do with what it's comprised of, exactly, as well as what puts the silica into solution. It's what is used to put the Humax into solution that is likely causing pH shift upward, for instance. I'd have to assume the same scenario with silica liquid amendments.

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
I will use Humax all the way through flower. I won't use silica all the way through flower.

Latest posts

Top Bottom