Finally inbound to CO!

• Thread starter COGrowing
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
COGrowing

COGrowing

Well, on Saturday I leave the heat of the south and head out west to Colorado... I've moved spontaneously a lot but I think Colorado will be home for me. Being that this is a spontaneous move, I have set plans yet as to what to do when I arrive in state. All I really have is my truck, a cat, and money in the bank. I'd like to get my foot in to the door of the cannabis industry as soon as possible after arriving... and so I've come here to ask all of you who are reading this thread what your advice would be to someone in my situation. And, if you'd like to personally help me out with finding stable work upon arrival... I promise one day to pay back the favor tenfold, I never forget anyone who helps me out!

No matter what happens, I do look forward to the move and to hopefully meeting some of you and building some great friendships.

COGrowing

COGrowing

Ouch, that's hot... but I like the heat out west, I visit Phoenix every year and love it out there, the humidity here kills it for me. I couldn't even roll joints outside this morning, the mist was that thick!

I've already printed out and filled out what I could on the MMED Support Badge form, is there any other forms or anything else I'd need besides a local address to get compliant? Are Dr. recommendations still needed since A64?

Texas Kid

Texas Kid

Some guy with a light
Dr rec is only needed if your goin to excede what is allowed under ammend 64 or if you want to go to a dispensary in the interim before they license the recreational stores later this year.

Definatly dry as hell, like 11%rh today and i have seen it as low as 6%

COGrowing

COGrowing

Now that's the humidity I'm looking for! :)

Thanks for the advice Texas Kid.

Texas Kid

Texas Kid

Some guy with a light
Best advice on growin is to buy your swamp cooler or humidifier setup first...it gets to be a trick to get it up in the 50% range indoors

K

kolah

Welcome and Good luck. CO is a cool state. My advice is to drive all over the state and find an area ya love. There are big cities and way-out rurals and stuff in between. A couple nice hippie towns are Manitou Springs and Paonia.

Dopegeist

Dopegeist

Only problem I have with Manitou, is the county it's in.
It's a big state.
Depending on how much money you have in the bank, and time to travel, and needs on employment...
You could go Front Range (Peublo to Ft. Collins) to lock down a job, or you could spend some time finding something rural...
All depends on your skills/interests/lifestyle.

Renting vs. buying could make a difference too. Mountain areas is usually easier to get into a rental after summer is over, lots of seasonal renting or people just bailing when winter hits and they need to move back to 'civilization'.

If you have the time, camp around the state (west of I-25, east of that is all pretty much plains), Colorado is beautiful in the summer. Lots of variation in the places/people.

Though I wouldn't live in the San Luis Valley myself, the Sand Dunes are worth a visit. They are a real trip.

Do you ski? Winter sports? That could have some bearing on what you want. If you plan on skiing, beware the I-70 commute to the ski areas from Denver is horrible now. From Aurora, don't even bother.

Big state lot of variety, if you aren't sure WHAT you want. Try some things on, something will fit.

Dopegeist

Dopegeist

As far as 'industry' work.
Do you like working for minimum wage?
Do you like staring at dumbasses all day explaining the 'pain relieving' properties of different beastered versions of the 'bud of the week'?

It's probably like being a male stripper. You're hoping for Beyonce but instead they got a face like Andre, and instead of putting a Hamilton in your G-String, they put a Washington in their saggy-ass titties.
About 95% of the stories I hear about being in 'the industry', turn out negative. FWIW

sky high

sky high

Everyone has to find out on their own, it seems.

A friend of a friend is coming out from New York. His first question was "How many stores are open"? and then "is it like Amsterdam?". Couldn't bear to burst his bubble and tell him nothing has changed and if you wanna buy a bag you still need a hook....so I told him "you'll see when you get here"..... :rolleyes:

good luck COgrowing.........

Classic Remix

Classic Remix

denver is the furthest east in america i am comfortable going....

really denver is too far... more like boulder golden now. hahaha.

and FYI nugs that go for 150/zip in denver still go for 300 or so in the mountains.... fucking blows my mind... people cant drive 45 mins to save a buncha dough??? damn lol

sky high

sky high

LOL.....and a whole bunch of 'em....acreage or not.... turn right around and drive bumper to bumper both ways to the mountains (Developer's Paradise..LOL) every weekend to >escape< from where they live. "location,location, location....":D

Top Bottom