Finally inbound to CO!

• Thread starter COGrowing
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Animal Chin

Animal Chin

Supporter
Geez I'm jealous of all you guys. Here you can get a small pad with no land , borrow sugar from the neighbor by leaning out the window and get shot at while checking the mail. All for a measly couple mil.

Soon I want to retire the construction biz and move to the mountains...any mountains.

You guys are living the dream.

Now excuse me while I go tile a shower :(

sky high

sky high

A top craftsman here can earn good wages, dan. Lotsa remodels 'cus houses sell repeatedly and every rich fuck's cougar wife wants NEW shit. My buddy has 40K worth of top-end teak kitchen cabinets in his house he got for free cus the lady opened the cabinet in her newly purchased home, said it stunk..and said "Rip them all out"....LOL

Animal Chin

Animal Chin

Supporter
A top craftsman here can earn good wages, dan. Lotsa remodels 'cus houses sell repeatedly and every rich fuck's cougar wife wants NEW shit. My buddy has 40K worth of top-end teak kitchen cabinets in his house he got for free cus the lady opened the cabinet in her newly purchased home, said it stunk..and said "Rip them all out"....LOL
:D

Sounds like my kind of customers. I've got a handful of wives here that don't even ask the price lol I just give them a number and they write a check. Gotta love the wealthy...or some of them I mean ;)

It did take years to get that level of trust tho.

Man teak is so nice...what a come up.

I'm out the door...peace ya'll

Last year I was considering moving out near Waayne and he has the same stories so I'm guessing filthy rich wives are all the same :D

Dopegeist

Dopegeist

I have a feeling 'commercial' tradesmen will have a lot of fun later this year. She kept the housing strong, now Mary is focusing on an even wider spectrum of the economy.

COGrowing

COGrowing

Great information from all of you, thanks so much! I do eventually want to reside in the mountains, I lived in a rural cabin in Alaska for 6 years and loved it, really taught me a lot... but for an easy move I'm sticking to the Denver metro area for now. I'll be enjoying the road trip up there for the next few days, once again thanks everyone for your input and hopefully my next reply will be from CO!

Dopegeist

Dopegeist

As far as Metro goes, I'd avoid Broomfield, Thornton, Aurora, Centennial...
Don't get suckered into the "I'll live in the C.Springs and commute to Denver."
Or plan to commute from Highlands Ranch to Downtown.

If you can afford the extra few hundred a month on rent, take a look at Golden, Lakewood, even parts of Littleton.

Just a warning, though. If locate in the city, just for now, and your heart is in the Mountains, then your heart is going to be broken everyday you get in your car to drive eastwards. If you plan to move to the mountians (and don't have kids, major financial obligations {you sound kinda like a grower and your #1 concern is growspace and job}), it's going to be that much harder after you've sunk all sorts of money in rent, deposit, city stuff, ect...
Although rentals may be tight in the summer out here, it's a good time to get a job, if only for the summer. Plus camping is cheap, buying you time and information while you get a little R&R. Restaurants aren't very busy in the winter, unless you're in a ski resort. Plus, summer is when you meet people in the mountains, in the winter, everybody is either skiing or holed up in the warmth of the cabin. Plus, you have all summer to get shit (yer grow) ready for the Winter. And outdoor opportunities for your ladies are more limited in the Metro. And the Front Range is quickly becoming another suburb of greater Los Angeles.

Interested in what you consider the city to be making 'easier' on the move. Sure yes to some, but mountains are easier on others.

My advice is go where your heart is and fuck the rest. If you're heart lies in the mountains, it will be easier to just move there in the first place, than get 'locked down' in the city, with them titties (snow capped peaks) calling you every day you look West.

Let us know when you get in, I'm sure a few of us farmers could point you in some directions to check out.
Just saying it again, IF YOUR HEART LIES IN THE MOUNTAINS, and you choose the city b/c you think it will be easier? You will regret that decision. I know I did, and I should've known better, lived here most my life.

My neck of the woods if pretty nice. About 3-4 hrs to Denver, but only make that trip a few times a year. Otherwise it's like Colorado 10-20 years ago.

Texas Kid

Texas Kid

Some guy with a light
The easiest for me was to move to the mountains first, less people, less hassle, seclusion, etc...it was a good decompression time for me to focus on the rooms and get acclimated to Colorado folks without gettin bombarded.....I remeber the first time I called someone a fucker or said fuck that shit..it was like 5 deer in he head lights..lol....thats just how I talk, especially if Im friendly with ya....I just could support my outdoor activities up there in the hills so I headed for AG land, Weld county boooiiii...best outdoor conditions in the state IMO....there is a reason it is one of the largest Ag producing counties in the US

Be sure to get a basement..it's a dream to grow in

ttystikk

ttystikk

LOL. Same way with houses. 2200 sq ft in Denver...300K..... same house in my neighborhood...600K.

"Location..location..location"!

I can't help but wonder how wise an investment it would be, while I'm watching wildfire updates on the news. Again. You got some no bullshit insight here?

ttystikk

ttystikk

Geez I'm jealous of all you guys. Here you can get a small pad with no land , borrow sugar from the neighbor by leaning out the window and get shot at while checking the mail. All for a measly couple mil.

Soon I want to retire the construction biz and move to the mountains...any mountains.

You guys are living the dream.

Now excuse me while I go tile a shower :(

Bro, you got a city name to go with that tale of woe?

Classic Remix

Classic Remix

Bro, you got a city name to go with that tale of woe?
any city..

recounting my last month in denver....

someone got stabbed to death on the bus right outside my house.

some dude walked down the street with a gun to his head and the cops lit him up

someone stole a CTS-V and drove around going 120 shooting a gun in the air like fuckin sin city, then crashed into a building 50 feet away from my house

The McRib came back.

just another month in denver!!!

since i moved to the mountains...

i think ive heard a deer fart.

Animal Chin

Animal Chin

Supporter
The easiest for me was to move to the mountains first, less people, less hassle, seclusion, etc...it was a good decompression time for me to focus on the rooms and get acclimated to Colorado folks without gettin bombarded.....I remeber the first time I called someone a fucker or said fuck that shit..it was like 5 deer in he head lights..lol....thats just how I talk, especially if Im friendly with ya....I just could support my outdoor activities up there in the hills so I headed for AG land, Weld county boooiiii...best outdoor conditions in the state IMO....there is a reason it is one of the largest Ag producing counties in the US

Be sure to get a basement..it's a dream to grow in
Great point fucker

ttystikk

ttystikk

Sure thing buttercup. Redondo Beach...born n raised since 1971

I ask questions like those to learn valuable info... in this case, about where NOT to visit! I'll return the favor; scratch Little Rock, AR (shocker, I know) and Ft Lauderdale, FL off your list of dream retirement spots. I was really shocked at two things about Florida's Treasure Coast; how much stupid money is there- and how much crime. Once you've done the beach, it's just another hot and muggy armpit in the swamp.

Animal Chin

Animal Chin

Supporter
I ask questions like those to learn valuable info... in this case, about where NOT to visit! I'll return the favor; scratch Little Rock, AR (shocker, I know) and Ft Lauderdale, FL off your list of dream retirement spots. I was really shocked at two things about Florida's Treasure Coast; how much stupid money is there- and how much crime. Once you've done the beach, it's just another hot and muggy armpit in the swamp.
Couldn't have said it better myself ;)

Dopegeist

Dopegeist

Sure thing buttercup. Redondo Beach...born n raised since 1971

And they all moved to the Front Range...So if you're in to that sort of thing, move to the Front Range.
It's too uncivilized out west for those people, so they just journey out on the occassional weekend. Kinda like how they stay out of N.Cal.

Animal Chin

Animal Chin

Supporter
And they all moved to the Front Range...So if you're in to that sort of thing, move to the Front Range.
It's too uncivilized out west for those people, so they just journey out on the occassional weekend. Kinda like how they stay out of N.Cal.
I was born in the wrong place basically. I'm way to laid back for the city and it fucks with my constitution. It makes me feel I have nothing in common with my family at times except in their defense this place has changed dramatically since their childhood. My father for instance still works everyday 12 hours a day and he's 70. He doesn't know what else to do. He has a second home in upstate New York on 80 acres and he can't be there for more than two weeks or he starts going crazy. It blows my mind because the place is heaven to me. I on the other hand just want to be alone in the mountains. I'd be the guy in the woods that everyone has stories about because no ones seen him in 30 years. Give me a good girl, some dogs and a mountain and I'm golden.

Texas Kid

Texas Kid

Some guy with a light
I wouldn't mind moving back up on the hill at some point, would take a pro style greenhouse though..lol...even the foothills wouldn't be to bad

Top Bottom