Finally

• Thread starter Srenots
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Srenots

Srenots

Prepping is 90% of a paint job. Spend a little more time wet sanding to perfection, and the end result will speak for itself.

I remember spending 16hrs just to flat sand and polish a hood of a vehicle. 150hrs is the norm on a show car. Tear down, prep, paint, rebuild, detail, back on the truck.

yes, prep is evrythng!! from the research Ive done so far they use up to 5000 grit for finish... depending on what ur doing, would be a fun project tho....

basscaptain

basscaptain

But I will say

Spraying is always better for finish then brush and roll....

and any painter that isn't over 40 and Really Know the ins and outs of oil base paint and Lac...
Don't really know how to lay off paint with a brush.......

today's water base paints are Shit for brush work....... And the TRUTH there Shit for anything other then drywall.................................................

Srenots

Srenots

But I will say

Spraying is always better for finish then brush and roll....

and any painter that isn't over 40 and Really Know the ins and outs of oil base paint and Lac...
Don't really know how to lay off paint with a brush.......

today's water base paints are Shit for brush work....... And the TRUTH there Shit for anything other then drywall.................................................

well, thats why I jumped on saying spray is better, evrythng manufactered is sprayed, Fender, Gibson, etc..... but have seen brush lay down smooth in person....cars and guitars are a lil diff.....but same idea, dig?

Srenots

Srenots

copy that.... have some experience with auto body and such, welding, etc....but not guitar finishes....been doing a bunch of research, I get it, just havent done it yet .... wanna do something diff if I do it.... the burnt and gloss is a thot... check out this technique...its called "Swirling" ...knew a dude in Orlando that did this alot... pretty cool man ~ theres all sorts of sht u can do, just gotta get creative

this technique reminds me of when the fair used to come to town when was a youngin... the paint spin booth, make a spin pic on paper and frame it....any1 who remembers that is OLD lol

Dbear180

Dbear180

Theres a product you mix in your paint, that doesnt show brush mark's when using brushes.

@basscaptain
A painter? Body shop? I hated the cups, and absolutely loved the new system we got 10yrs back. I painted and dud bodywork for GM show car division.

I think your talking about floetrol for the brush marks 👍

Dbear180

Dbear180

copy that.... have some experience with auto body and such, welding, etc....but not guitar finishes....been doing a bunch of research, I get it, just havent done it yet .... wanna do something diff if I do it.... the burnt and gloss is a thot... check out this technique...its called "Swirling" ...knew a dude in Orlando that did this alot... pretty cool man ~ theres all sorts of sht u can do, just gotta get creative

My homies wife does this 😀

DistyDemon

DistyDemon

yes, prep is evrythng!! from the research Ive done so far they use up to 5000 grit for finish... depending on what ur doing, would be a fun project tho....
Finish with a 3000 grit wetsand. Then a 3 step polish to a mirror finish (compound w/wool pad, polish with foam pad, final polish with foam pad).

For show car work, 800 grit wetsand, 1200 grit wetsand, 2000 grit wetsand, 3000 grit wetsand with a da, then 3 step polish.

Srenots

Srenots

Finish with a 3000 grit wetsand. Then a 3 step polish to a mirror finish (compound w/wool pad, polish with foam pad, final polish with foam pad).

For show car work, 800 grit wetsand, 1200 grit wetsand, 2000 grit wetsand, 3000 grit wetsand with a da, then 3 step polish.
good info, thx brother ~ saved

Dbear180

Dbear180

Screenshot 20200205 070900 Facebook

Man it's so hard to find these kind of quality pics or vids without my face in them lol.

Challenger I painted & buffed, cant remember exactly what we repaired on it.

Razor blade to knock down trash, 1500 dry on da to nib any left over dirts & knock down razor marks, 2k wet by hand in small uniform circles going across panel, 3k wet with da, compound & wool wheel, polish & foam wheel. I usually dont need swirl remover cuz I get my polish hot when I apply it, sometimes i still use it tho, then just a nice coat of wax.
I dont think I had wax on this one yet, detailers handled the rest of the clean up & wax job.

Srenots

Srenots

View attachment 937673
Man it's so hard to find these kind of quality pics or vids without my face in them lol.

Challenger I painted & buffed, cant remember exactly what we repaired on it.

Razor blade to knock down trash, 1500 dry on da to nib any left over dirts & knock down razor marks, 2k wet by hand in small uniform circles going across panel, 3k wet with da, compound & wool wheel, polish & foam wheel. I usually dont need swirl remover cuz I get my polish hot when I apply it, sometimes i still use it tho, then just a nice coat of wax.
I dont think I had wax on this one yet, detailers handled the rest of the clean up & wax job.
dam...hell ya...trippy pic bro lol

Dbear180

Dbear180

glad shrooms arent being ate right now....cool pics bro ! but the Trump smoke says hell ya anyway~

Maaaaaaan I wouldnt mind doing a little "reset" right now. I dont think psychedelics are great to do all the time but every few years... think it could benefit a lot of people. My brother always tells me I'm like the nicest person for a few months there after we get trippy lol

Bodean

Bodean

Maaaaaaan I wouldnt mind doing a little "reset" right now. I dont think psychedelics are great to do all the time but every few years... think it could benefit a lot of people. My brother always tells me I'm like the nicest person for a few months there after we get trippy lol
Love psychedelics when hiking. Usually at least once a year end of summer.

Top Bottom