Finally

• Thread starter Srenots
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
BogartAmungus

BogartAmungus

Temp diff will affect node spacing and so does spectrum to an extent. The best thing you can do for nice dense nuggs is light intensity, I would say much more so than spectrum or temp diff.

By temp diff I'm talking day/night diff. Depending on strain and veg time I sometimes use this to slow stretch if it's getting away on me along with some other methods of needed.
I would probably guess I will have about a 10 degree give or take difference in day/night temps. I have read this before about optimum temp diff. What is your sweet spot? I have kush and GG crosses right now.

Rooke

Rooke

So what other than genetics contributes to nicely stacked colas like that? Tight node spacing and good lighting? And how do you help your plant to grow tight close nodes? Does fimming help that or is it mainly to let other colas catch up to the taller fimmed cola? Sorry for the probably elementary questions. I will do more research on my questions. 😁 I left out nutrients of the equation and soil vs hydro.
Hey there! Please don’t stop asking ?’s we forget half we read cuz we’re sooo stoned lol. I read my ass off and it pays! Heya @ Aqua Man glad you see you back here bud!

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

I would probably guess I will have about a 10 degree give or take difference in day/night temps. I have read this before about optimum temp diff. What is your sweet spot? I have kush and GG crosses right now.
8-10 diff is ideal. If you have a real lanky sativa dominant strain or during stretch you can use reverse diff to shorten internode length. Even a negative 2-4f diff will make a decent reduction. By that I mean running day temps 2-4f cooler than night temps. You don't see much difference until you actually go negative diff. So even if your running constant temps 0 diff it won't make much difference until you go negative.

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

If I'm being honest after messing with this for my own knowledge I would only recommend using a negative diff if you flip late or have a real stretching strain you want to keep down during stretch.

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Hey there! Please don’t stop asking ?’s we forget half we read cuz we’re sooo stoned lol. I read my ass off and it pays! Heya @ Aqua Man glad you see you back here bud!
Thanks bud. Hope things are well with you

BogartAmungus

BogartAmungus

8-10 diff is ideal. If you have a real lanky sativa dominant strain or during stretch you can use reverse diff to shorten internode length. Even a negative 2-4f diff will make a decent reduction. By that I mean running day temps 2-4f cooler than night temps. You don't see much difference until you actually go negative diff. So even if your running constant temps 0 diff it won't make much difference until you go negative.
That is the first time I have heard of negative temp diff. Very cool! I appreciate the info brother!

Rooke

Rooke

Thanks bud. Hope things are well with you
Just keepin my butt parked at home cracking beanz for my outdoor season speaking of ?’s so I have my seedlings just break the dirt. I have 2 36in. T5’s going 7 in above them and I pulled the dome off of them. Can I reduce seedling stretching by dropping my lights closer to them?

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Just keepin my butt parked at home cracking beanz for my outdoor season speaking of ?’s so I have my seedlings just break the dirt. I have 2 36in. T5’s going 7 in above them and I pulled the dome off of them. Can I reduce seedling stretching by dropping my lights closer to them?
Most think seedlings stretch. That's kinda true but false at the same time. They all look like stretch and I see a lot of people say move the light closer. It's what I consider a common misconception. Although they may differ in height that's because no seed is the exact same. They will grow up to what I would call a genetically predetermined height then grow true leaves. At that point depending on light and genetics the internode spacing can be used indicate if it's stretching.

This is not a bad thing. When transplanting I feel it's important to leave a bit of distance between the bottoms leaves and soil so they can get proper air flow and don't rest on the soil creating an increased potential for bugs and infection. Tbh stretching is not something I would worry about until you get a couple nodes. Imo the stretch people refer with seedlings is not at all stretch cause by light intensity.

Rooke

Rooke

Most think seedlings stretch. That's kinda true but false at the same time. They all look like stretch and I see a lot of people say move the light closer. It's what I consider a common misconception. Although they may differ in height that's because no seed is the exact same. They will grow up to what I would call a genetically predetermined height then grow true leaves. At that point depending on light and genetics the internode spacing can be used indicate if it's stretching.

This is not a bad thing. When transplanting I feel it's important to leave a bit of distance between the bottoms leaves and soil so they can get proper air flow and don't rest on the soil creating an increased potential for bugs and infection. Tbh stretching is not something I would worry about until you get a couple nodes. Imo the stretch people refer with seedlings is not at all stretch cause by light intensity.
Years ago I tended to overwater them and that didn’t help any I killled many a bag seed with kindness lol hell I used to germinate my seeds on top of my Tim Hortons coffee machine in solo cups and paper towel it worked great. Thx so much for the awesome advice we missed you!

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Years ago I tended to overwater them and that didn’t help any I killled many a bag seed with kindness lol hell I used to germinate my seeds on top of my Tim Hortons coffee machine in solo cups and paper towel it worked great. Thx so much for the awesome advice we missed you!
Missed this community too bro. I still stand by the statement "more plants have died to love than to neglect"

BurnzYzBudZz

BurnzYzBudZz

HOWCan.i.helPYOU?
Supporter

Crazy how I made that mistake and had no fucking clue, until now. Thanks for this 👆

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

Man Im glad you are back in our discussions brother!

I agree. “Stretchy” seedlings can still grow a long stem at first even under proper light.

I was given a tip i still do every time. After a week in potting soil from sprout i bury the stem up to 1/4 inch of the cots and the thin tall stem becomes more roots.

I think this is part of what helps my small pots give big yields. More full rootball right from the beginning.

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Man Im glad you are back in our discussions brother!

I agree. “Stretchy” seedlings can still grow a long stem at first even under proper light.

I was given a tip i still do every time. After a week in potting soil from sprout i bury the stem up to 1/4 inch of the cots and the thin tall stem becomes more roots.

I think this is part of what helps my small pots give big yields. More full rootball right from the beginning.
Ditto brother. Agree 100% and have seen plenty of proof of that in my hydro setup and many others. If the airflow is mediocre at the base of the stem it will start to grow those little white nubs that's the start of new roots. Also when I pull em out there is roots above the jiffy pellets almost all the way up to the top of the hydroton. Better example would be cloning I guess exactly the same thing.

stanknugzz77

stanknugzz77

Missed this community too bro. I still stand by the statement "more plants have died to love than to neglect"
I totally agree. I see so many people post threads here with trouble overwatering and my first thought is "grow more than a few plants at a time". I culled a bunch of males today and got my plant count down to 56. If anything, I tend to find plants in different rooms a little neglected and underwatered, which is a lot easier to bounce back from than overloved/watered. Positive vibes...

~nugzz

RustyHillbilly

RustyHillbilly

So what other than genetics contributes to nicely stacked colas like that? Tight node spacing and good lighting? And how do you help your plant to grow tight close nodes? Does fimming help that or is it mainly to let other colas catch up to the taller fimmed cola? Sorry for the probably elementary questions. I will do more research on my questions. 😁 I left out nutrients of the equation and soil vs hydro.

3 gallon pots, no nutes, no topping, cheap Blurple lite, just Ocean Forest soil....and H2o ....easy peasy, this is his first grow..

Last edited:
RustyHillbilly

RustyHillbilly

I totally agree. I see so many people post threads here with trouble overwatering and my first thought is "grow more than a few plants at a time". I culled a bunch of males today and got my plant count down to 56. If anything, I tend to find plants in different rooms a little neglected and underwatered, which is a lot easier to bounce back from than overloved/watered. Positive vibes...

~nugzz

what strains make up that 56 bro?

stanknugzz77

stanknugzz77

what strains make up that 56 bro?
Cherry Queen
Mikado
'88 G-13/HP
Chem Kesey
Stardawg
DLA11
MTSD
Tropicanna Cookies
Yeti OG

I have culled quite a few plants in the last couple of weeks. I had somewhere around 86 or so just the other day. I am also starting to germinate another round of Cherry Queen, Mikado and Stardawg today. Most of the Cherry Queens that I have in veg now actually smell like cherries and the Mikados mostly smell like raspberries (the raspberry phenotype is the one that I am searching for), so I want to look through as many of those as possible. I am hoping to find nice females of each cultivar that actually retain those smells through flower and cure. The Stardawgs are putting of that beautiful gassy fuel smell. l fucking love it. Positive vibes...

~nugzz

Rooke

Rooke

Cherry Queen
Mikado
'88 G-13/HP
Chem Kesey
Stardawg
DLA11
MTSD
Tropicanna Cookies
Yeti OG

I have culled quite a few plants in the last couple of weeks. I had somewhere around 86 or so just the other day. I am also starting to germinate another round of Cherry Queen, Mikado and Stardawg today. Most of the Cherry Queens that I have in veg now actually smell like cherries and the Mikados mostly smell like raspberries (the raspberry phenotype is the one that I am searching for), so I want to look through as many of those as possible. I am hoping to find nice females of each cultivar that actually retain those smells through flower and cure. The Stardawgs are putting of that beautiful gassy fuel smell. l fucking love it. Positive vibes...

~nugzz
Cool Beanz Buddy!!

Latest posts

Top Bottom