finishing flower with the spiderfarmer sf4000 gdp grow

• Thread starter biggerbud420
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Aqua Man

Aqua Man

what is the worst that could happen ? could you not still harvest and smoke the bud from the reveged plant
Little more complex. Terps etc are VOCs and you lose them to light, heat degradation daily. So if they are not being replenished at the same rate well that can have a big impact on quality even if you gain a few grams or bit more per plant then In that cause it's not worth it to me

Dirtbag

Dirtbag

Supporter
I'd have to take your word bro. But everything I find says they shift very quickly back to veg.

Would be nice to see a side by side clones testing before the cycle change and after to be a bit more conclusive.

I always 99% skeptical of anything without a study or data to support it. I just find observation is always what the grower wants it to be.

Now that's not to at all say they are wrong... because I very well could be but from the info I have gained I'll wait before making the plunge or at least test one plant and not a crop first.
I get it. I've done it a few times, the crop I ran with earth juice I did it and the hydro crop before that I finished that way too. I forgot to last crop.
My pheno hunter friend has been doing it for a couple years, I've never seen it cause any issues at all. Whether it actually does much good I can't say either without controlled testing. But I've never seen or heard of it causing any problems out of the 4 growers I can think of who do it.

There is a lot unverified "science" out there though so who knows. But I can say with absolute certainty that it doesn't cause any problems with reveg or lack of terps and cannabinoids. Folks can play around with the technique without fear of problems on my word.
My one buddy that got us all doing it has his stuff tested every crop so if there was a problem, I doubt he'd still be doing it.

Backyard_Boogie

Backyard_Boogie

I have revegged plants on a handful of occasions and every time I have done it the process literally took like a month maybe more before the actual reveg growth really started going. its a really slow process usually however Im sure that is strain specific Im sure some go faster than others. The way I see it so long as you are only doing it for a handful of days prior to chop I doubt the reveg growth will really start to kick in. Its probably harmless to try whether it is actually beneficial the science will need to tell.

biggerbud420

biggerbud420

in the 7th week of flower and i have some tips and leaves turning yellow the last few days my light was about 14 inch above canopy so i raised it to around 18 inches
using the spider farmer sf4000 its been at 100 percent since i got it 2 or 3 weeks ago
20211104 182006
20211104 182017
20211104 182031
20211104 182044
20211104 182116
20211104 182136

Backyard_Boogie

Backyard_Boogie

Other than the slight yellowing they look good and frosty. Im wondering what that was from probably the light a bit too close. Like I said before it doesn't look like classic overfeeding. Maybe some others can also chime in on here.

biggerbud420

biggerbud420

Other than the slight yellowing they look good and frosty. Im wondering what that was from probably the light a bit too close. Like I said before it doesn't look like classic overfeeding. Maybe some others can also chime in on here.
i know plant does look ok but it is getting worse on im just curious as to what it could be would the light affect just 1 plant or all of them

biggerbud420

biggerbud420

i checked the lux with a lux app on my phone it stopped at 33500 directly under the light top of canopy and on the sides it was around 11000 at canopy top

growsince79

growsince79

i checked the lux with a lux app on my phone it stopped at 33500 directly under the light top of canopy and on the sides it was around 11000 at canopy top
We had a good discussion yesterday about how inaccurate lux meters are. 33000 lux means the ppfd is somewhere between 500-900 ppfd. The only thing they are good for is checking for even distribution.

biggerbud420

biggerbud420

Youtube says 1275 @ 18" so its pretty close. 22" should give you plenty in the middle and more at the sides.
i will try that i thought i read in the manual that came with the light 12 to 18 during flower

Backyard_Boogie

Backyard_Boogie

Also you are starting to come into the home stretch in this grow so if you still want to push for that purple color I would recommend starting to scoop ice in the pots every night before lights out. You probably have a few more feedings to go but the ice in the nights will trigger the purple color flush. Its entirely cosmetic so its really up to you it wont effect the potency.

Backyard_Boogie

Backyard_Boogie

Maybe the 12" is with hydro and co2. Looking at the chart, 12" don't put much at the side.
View attachment 1185342
Yep exactly that low its like a laser beam in the very middle but weaker on the sides. Im willing to bet that all the plants that were showing stress were right in the middle where the intensity is strongest. Is that true is it the middle plants showing yellowing?

Top Bottom