First 2x2 hello ! Closet grow

• Thread starter Happyreefing
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Happyreefing

Happyreefing

hey everybody, started my first grow about two months ago. I am running a Mars Hydro TS 600, as well as 2-30 W Shannon 16 popBloom reef lights they were used for about half of vegetation I just recently got the Mars Hydro and added it also, they were very blue but worked while I needed them too, 2x2x4 tent by eagle peak, 4” exhaust fan , humidifier, . Seed was germinated on August 25 and placed in soil. I have been making my own compost tea and using a few Foxfarm nutrients as well as homemade nutrients and top dressings,
everything seems to be going amazing and I am filling up my 2 x 2 screen daily I just wanted to post a few pictures here and see what you guys think I am wondering if now would be a good time to switch to flower as the screen is about 60% filled up I’m open to any pointers or questions or just simple advice thank you very much I look forward to sharing my progress. Thanks much , happy reefing !
First 2x2 hello   closet grow
First 2x2 hello   closet grow 2
First 2x2 hello   closet grow 4
First 2x2 hello   closet grow 3
First 2x2 hello   closet grow 5
First 2x2 hello   closet grow 6
First 2x2 hello   closet grow 7
First 2x2 hello   closet grow 8

Happyreefing

Happyreefing

The other day I also ended up with a broken branch I decided to just place it in some rock wool do you think? Will it root and I will have myself a nice clone or is it a waste of time? It is on the third day since putting it in the rock wool, I figured it couldn’t hurt to try and get another little beauty out of it

Moe.Red

Moe.Red

Yes, the clone will work fine, just keep it moist and high RH and a bit warmer than room temp - like 75-78 range.

You might want to trim back some of that leaf mass too, there is too much area for respiration and photosynthesis but no roots yet to support it.

Also, since you are scrogging, I'd top that plant now personally. Need help?

Happyreefing

Happyreefing

Awesome thank you, I did trim the tips off of the two main leaves on the little clone. Would you recommend I get rid of one of the two fan leaves?

Also the big girl has been topped two times during this veg, There are a total of 14 tops at the moment and several small nodes starting to appear beneath I can post a picture of what she looks like underneath and you can definitely give me some direction if y’all think I should continue to top this little lady. Also I just watered and I will be removing the runoff from the drip tray that you see in the photos ha ha ha!

Happyreefing

Happyreefing

Here is what I just did to the clone ?
I removed one of the two large fan leaves and trimmed the tips of all of the other leaves to allow focus to the route instead of the leaves correct?
The last pic is what’s removed , thanks again.

Thoughts ?

Happyreefing

Happyreefing

October 25 will be two months from the day I planted it in the soil, so from my understanding I could send into flowering at any time, however I want to ensure that I have given her plenty of time to fill out the net. From what I understand I have topped it enough? But this is my first time and I am a bit hesitant,

Could I get some pictures of angles that could help determine whether or not it has been topped enough?

Moe.Red

Moe.Red

October 25 will be two months from the day I planted it in the soil, so from my understanding I could send into flowering at any time, however I want to ensure that I have given her plenty of time to fill out the net. From what I understand I have topped it enough? But this is my first time and I am a bit hesitant,

Could I get some pictures of angles that could help determine whether or not it has been topped enough?
Looking at the top down pic, I actually think you are good 👍

I would flip at any time. then the stretch starts and you will want to re-address the trimming once that begins. Keep posting your progress, and I'll help where I can.

Happyreefing

Happyreefing

I started germination in a shot glass with a piece of toilet paper, after that I planted the seed in some homemade soil that I put together with some compost and worm castings and germination soil, I then made my own nutrients for the first 30 days with fruits and veggies as well as egg shells and Epsom salt everything was booming, I then slowly added kelp, Cal mag, and fox farm to part veggie formula I have been adjusting the pH for every watering, and I am using the Mars Hydro TS 600, and two separate 30watt reef lights, I keep the temperature around 77°F and the relative humidity between 55% and 60% I am coming up on 60 days from germination on October 25 I continue to tuck underneath the net as it grows and will be switching to flowers soon , pretty much all so far just wanted to share my method. I have ran into a few branches that have broke but I tied them up and they grew back stronger I have topped the plant two times and have continued low stress training the entire time to get it to grow outward instead of upward. It is a bag seed that came from a bag of ayuahasca purple so I cannot say for sure whether it is male or female but my soul tells me she’s a beautiful girl and I cannot wait to start flowering! Any thoughts advice or just shooting the shit is cool with me thanks everyone

Happyreefing

Happyreefing

Looking at the top down pic, I actually think you are good 👍

I would flip at any time. then the stretch starts and you will want to re-address the trimming once that begins. Keep posting your progress, and I'll help where I can.
Thank you ! Very much I’ll keep updating

Happyreefing

Happyreefing

So I only have one tent, when I switch the lights to 12/12 can I just leave the clone in there and run 12/12 from the start with that one?

Happyreefing

Happyreefing

OK so what I did before I bought my first tent was built a cardboard box and lined it with foil and vegged this little girl for about 20 days in that until I got my tent so I think I will just do that and order a 2‘ x 2‘ x 36“ tent I should have it within a week. That way there I will have one tent for veg and one tent for flower, Man I love this I got into saltwater aquariums several years ago and this is the feeling I got it is so engulfing in a good way, thank you for taking the time to let me know !

Moe.Red

Moe.Red

OK so what I did before I bought my first tent was built a cardboard box and lined it with foil and vegged this little girl for about 20 days in that until I got my tent so I think I will just do that and order a 2‘ x 2‘ x 36“ tent I should have it within a week. That way there I will have one tent for veg and one tent for flower, Man I love this I got into saltwater aquariums several years ago and this is the feeling I got it is so engulfing in a good way, thank you for taking the time to let me know !
Where are you? I have a little tent that size I'm not using, and probably never will. I'm in St Louis.

Top Bottom