First Diarie....grow With Me

• Thread starter Eyegethi420
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Eyegethi420

Eyegethi420

Indeed you can get something like this at home depot or lowes.
View attachment 668416

That being said I suppose you could still get away with just squishing the ducting enough for it to stay in place since your tent doesn't need the fans full power anyway but that crack right now is just too small.
Thanks for the advice justice went and got one of those puppy's now the grow tents running at a cool 75
Hello fellow farmers newbie grower here excited to do my first diarie. Like the title says grow with me(or me being a noob let me grow with you. Constructive criticism is certainly welcome...it's kinda why I'm doing this diarie...so if anyone sees anything I'm doing wrong or something I could do better please let me know. if anyone does have suggestions it be really cool if you could show examples of your set up and how the topic at hand could be done better..GROW WITH ME literally and metaphorically
ok first update time !!!!the plant is doing just fine nothing much has changed since I made the initial post. I've noticed the two new tops have made a little progress..I just can't wait until I get to tuck them into the screen to see wat else pops up soon(I'm hoping four more follow asap) also I wanted to ask how big should I let this plant get in that pot(it's close to a one gallon I believe maybe a little over)..like for example would I be able to fill most of the 2x2x3 tent with the one plant in that pot?

IMG 0320
IMG 0324
GT21

GT21

I like soup
Supporter
If anyone reads this and feels like there is some information I should be putting out there but haven't please let me know and I will do so asap. I've made the decision to only uodate the actual grow every Monday that way I'm not trying to do to much or post useless stuff and hopefully I'll have decent progress to show every update. Also I wanted to make a correction I don't have vortex fan it's a vivosun 390 cfm...I was wondering how would I bring my temps down?. They are currently at 79-81 which I know is not to bad for veg but I'm concerned about when I switch to flower as I plan to use a 150 watt hps. Any idea how to bring the temps down.....I'll post pics of my exhaust...the pic whit the squeezed duct hole is the only way I am able to filter hot air out of my closet
Buy squishing that duct youre turning a 390 cfm fan into a 100 cfm. Your temp will go down with more air flow.. oh never mind. .. you fixed it

Eyegethi420

Eyegethi420

Buy squishing that duct youre turning a 390 cfm fan into a 100 cfm. Your temp will go down with more air flow.. oh never mind. .. you fixed it
Thanks for the reply cheif...yea I went to Home Depot this morning and got that piece now the grow tents down to 75....I just hope its enough to keep the temps in check when I throw the hps in there...(far far down the road I know lol)

GT21

GT21

I like soup
Supporter
Thanks for the reply cheif...yea I went to Home Depot this morning and got that piece now the grow tents down to 75....I just hope its enough to keep the temps in check when I throw the hps in there...(far far down the road I know lol)
If its an air cooled hood youll be fine. And get ready to run you light at night in the summer time.

justiceman

justiceman

Looking good. Glad to see you got your temps down as that is very important. GT21 gave you some great advice. Running your lights at night will keep the temps down a lot.

As for pot size that's kind hard to pin down as it's very personal. I'd probably transplant to a 2gal maybe a 3gal when she fills out more and leave it at that. Some other people might say 5gal but I'm all about less is more. You've done well setting yourself up with that screen for plant training. That's going to help you attain great yield!

Eyegethi420

Eyegethi420

Looking good. Glad to see you got your temps down as that is very important. GT21 gave you some great advice. Running your lights at night will keep the temps down a lot.

As for pot size that's kind hard to pin down as it's very personal. I'd probably transplant to a 2gal maybe a 3gal when she fills out more and leave it at that. Some other people might say 5gal but I'm all about less is more. You've done well setting yourself up with that screen for plant training. That's going to help you attain great yield!
Thanks for the encouraging words man it's my first time doing the scrog so I'm hoping all goes well. I was thinking Bout transplanting maybe one more time before I go to flower but I haven't transplanted many times before so it depends on how big it gets vs my faith in doing it successfully...can't wait to see!!!!

Eyegethi420

Eyegethi420

Hey wats up fellow farmers.. I said I was only going to update the grow every Monday but I ran into some issues/questions that I'll have to address a couple times before then and that is WATERING...ok so for starters the bucket that it's in is wider at the top then the base..the top from side to side is 9.5 inches long..at the bottom from side to side it is 6.75 inches long and it is 9.25 inches tall...now since the last Monday's update the plant has been watered 2 times. The first was 2/13/17 at 12:am(I'm a night shift guy I watered when I got home) and the second time was today 2/15/17 at 1:00 pm..I ph water with the drops and I think I'm between6.5-6.8...I wised up the second time I watered and took pics of everything but not the first time...so the pic with the single vial is the color of my water when I ph test it...the second pic: the vial is my runoff water ph tested....the big jug which is wat I water from, was completely full before I watered the second time and when I stoped watering it is where the blue line is(I'd say I have it a little less then half a gallon)and the smaller jug is all the run off I had after watering the second time(I probably gave close to this amount of water the first time I just didn't document it)....so my question is should I change my ph level? And should I give more or less water? Thanks everyone

Eyegethi420

Eyegethi420

Hey wats up fellow farmers.. I said I was only going to update the grow every Monday but I ran into some issues/questions that I'll have to address a couple times before then and that is WATERING...ok so for starters the bucket that it's in is wider at the top then the base..the top from side to side is 9.5 inches long..at the bottom from side to side it is 6.75 inches long and it is 9.25 inches tall...now since the last Monday's update the plant has been watered 2 times. The first was 2/13/17 at 12:am(I'm a night shift guy I watered when I got home) and the second time was today 2/15/17 at 1:00 pm..I ph water with the drops and I think I'm between6.5-6.8...I wised up the second time I watered and took pics of everything but not the first time...so the pic with the single vial is the color of my water when I ph test it...the second pic: the vial is my runoff water ph tested....the big jug which is wat I water from, was completely full before I watered the second time and when I stoped watering it is where the blue line is(I'd say I gave it a little less then half a gallon)and the smaller jug is all the run off I had after watering the second time(I probably gave close to this amount of water the first time I just didn't document it)....so my question is should I change my ph level? And should I give more or less water? Thanks everyone

IMG 0329
IMG 0332
justiceman

justiceman

Yo! I like how detailed you are getting. Definitely shows you want to do it right. Remember to keep it simple and don't over complicate things. Doing good so far.

Watering:
I won't be able to tell you just how much water you need to give them. You'll have to figure that out by monitoring. Pick up the pot after you water to feel its weight. Remember it. When It's light again water until you see a bit of run off. I used to keep an extra pot of dry soil around that I could lift to compare to a fully saturated pot for reference. Eventually you won't have to lift the pot and you'll jut get a feel for what's right but it's a nice gauge to know. Seems like your practices have been just fine though since your plant is looking great!

PH Testing:
To be honest I don't really like those drops much. They are limited in their uses and only work well with clear water so when you measure the runoff pH the color of the runoff effects the color of the pH liquid making the measurement pretty much void. Trying to measure your run off pH is unnecessary in soil anyway. I would forget about it and let nature do its thing. The only time you would actually want to measure and adjust pH before watering is if you were using hydroponic nutrients. As for organics or plain water, they will drift up or down to the correct pH range within your soil. That's the beauty of soil.

Eyegethi420

Eyegethi420

Yo! I like how detailed you are getting. Definitely shows you want to do it right. Remember to keep it simple and don't over complicate things. Doing good so far.

Watering:
I won't be able to tell you just how much water you need to give them. You'll have to figure that out by monitoring. Pick up the pot after you water to feel its weight. Remember it. When It's light again water until you see a bit of run off. I used to keep an extra pot of dry soil around that I could lift to compare to a fully saturated pot for reference. Eventually you won't have to lift the pot and you'll jut get a feel for what's right but it's a nice gauge to know. Seems like your practices have been just fine though since your plant is looking great!

PH Testing:
To be honest I don't really like those drops much. They are limited in their uses and only work well with clear water so when you measure the runoff pH the color of the runoff effects the color of the pH liquid making the measurement pretty much void. Trying to measure your run off pH is unnecessary in soil anyway. I would forget about it and let nature do its thing. The only time you would actually want to measure and adjust pH before watering is if you were using hydroponic nutrients. As for organics or plain water, they will drift up or down to the correct pH range within your soil. That's the beauty of soil.
Thank you for the advice my friend.. I heard about lifting the pot method I may have to apply that to the next time I water and see how it works

Eyegethi420

Eyegethi420

AHey there farmer friends it's update time.
Ok so we are in the start of week 4 of veg and she is starting to take off..let's get right to the pictures
The fist pic was taken 2/18/17 ..9 days after I topped her...I thought four more tops would show but one was a growing a little slow so it's not visible from above.
IMG 0346
I decided to start some lst..this pic was taken shortly after the second was(at around 10:30pm)
IMG 0350
And this was the next morning after lst.. you can see that bush coming alive
IMG 0351
I didn't want to have to deal with an unruly plant so I decided to do some pruning..this pic was taking after the pruning session about an hour after the previous one on 2/19/17.....I wish I would have took a picture of everything I cut off so u all could see...but I'd say I cut the two fan leafs and the growth tips closes to the stalk on 3 maybe 4 branches
IMG 0352
I'm hoping I can creat a nice manifold to go into the scrog net we will have to see. And speaking of the scrog net I had some questions. 1 my holes are 1x1 inch..is that to small?. And 2 I've read that sativa dominate strains don't do as well in scrog net as indicas..is this true? Because the sour desil I'm growing is 70 percent sativa...other then that things have been good temps stay between 74-77 humidity is tricky for me it will be between 33-70 at times( I think I need to find the perfect setting for my humidifier and be diligent with filling it up) if any one has any feedback as always it is welcome..thank you for your time friends

justiceman

justiceman

Smooth sailing for you! Looking great. That was good intuition about still giving her plain water. Definitely all she needs still. LST is working well.

As for the humidifier I don't believe you need it. However sometimes plants like a little extra humidity during veg so I believe your gal is enjoying it. She does look very happy. Stop using it when flower comes around and you'll be golden.

Eyegethi420

Eyegethi420

Smooth sailing for you! Looking great. That was good intuition about still giving her plain water. Definitely all she needs still. LST is working well.

As for the humidifier I don't believe you need it. However sometimes plants like a little extra humidity during veg so I believe your gal is enjoying it. She does look very happy. Stop using it when flower comes around and you'll be golden.
Thanks cheif...I'm trying lol..I hope this is my first good run..any thoughts on the scrog screen holes?...with it being my first scrog I don't want to set myself up for a hard time later

justiceman

justiceman

Thanks cheif...I'm trying lol..I hope this is my first good run..any thoughts on the scrog screen holes?...with it being my first scrog I don't want to set myself up for a hard time later
You are not just trying hahaha. Dude you are doing very well! This has been an excellent first run so far.

The 1" holes should work just fine. It could be a little tight though, but that starts to get into a personal preference thing. The tighter the holes the more work the screen does for you, but too tight and the buds can get squished a bit

Last edited:
Eyegethi420

Eyegethi420

You are not just trying hahaha. Dude you are doing very well! This has been an excellent first run so far.

The 1" holes should work just fine. It could be a little tight though, but that starts to get into a personal preference thing. The tighter the holes the more work the screen does for you, but too tight and the buds can get squished a bit
Awesome sauce I'll just play it out and see wat happens

H

Hazehunta420

Hey farmer friends. I came across some holes on my leaves and was curious if anyone may know what is the cause
I had something similar on my current grow which I believe was a bad ph, was using tap water that was way wrong but changed to bottled water ph 6.2 and nothing since. I'm also a newb though so don't take it for gospel, I imagine there is other people who will shed a better light shortly

Top Bottom