First DWC. overwhelmed with names and chemicals and additives

• Thread starter User59204626117
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
smokedareefer

smokedareefer

Should I remove these monster fan leaves from my other plants? They are as big as my hand but that also means they’re awesome solar panels too right?

there is quite a bit of new, light green growth below these monster fan leaves with big thick veiny purple stems.
Should I remove these monster fan leaves from my other plants? "

Why not just take them off and tell us what you think.

It's a weed and mostly grows

User59204626117

User59204626117

Should I remove these monster fan leaves from my other plants? "

Why not just take them off and tell us what you think.

It's a weed and mostly grows

Only a fool learns from his own mistakes. A wise man learns from the mistakes of others. That’s why I asked first and didn’t just start chopping.

as far as the hydro stuff goes. I’m still seeing no progress and getting frustrated.

I now need to move this week and am not too sure how to transport these hydro plants or if I even really want to continue with these plants.

I’m gonna move my tent this week and work on either clones from old plants or pop these seeds, and start fresh.

The algae seems to be growing faster than the plants.

979E58FD 169A 4D16 A72F EDC94FF1EE87
061161EA 1C4D 4055 B498 1F21726FFEEB
3CFBA4B9 CC3D 49E9 A761 7C22A9AC41B6
56995195 1224 4262 980F 1258D9D1F3EA
Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Looks like a lot of salt buildup on those rocks. They have stalled. Are you using bacteria to keep the roots healthy yet?

User59204626117

User59204626117

What roots lol?

No. I have not got hydroguard yet. This week has been busy moving couches and beds and stuff. No time to go to the city.

how come these need bacteria/hydroguard and the soil plants don’t?

That buildup might be from my humidifier. The water here leaves a white calcium residue. It clogged my pre filter for the carbon filter solid. My 800cfm fan couldn’t draw any air through.

PK1

PK1

Supporter
I push the hose throw the netpot and don't have algae on the pibbles
2021 01 11 201833
2021 01 11 201848

looks like those are your main roots growing? If i was you, i would increase the water volume so it is closer to the bottom of net pot. It also looks like you have enough moisture on the net pot so it does keep the root moist. I would really remove that hose that feeds from top.

User59204626117

User59204626117

Once again, sorry if I missed info or asked stuff 5 times now. My landlords mom died on Christmas so it’s been hectic since moving into her ranch.

ive also been dabbling in the stock markets with crypto so I’ve had a tonnnn of more important and stressful shit on my mind and running on 5 hours sleep.

PK1

PK1

Supporter
Once again, sorry if I missed info or asked stuff 5 times now. My landlords mom died on Christmas so it’s been hectic since moving into her ranch.

ive also been dabbling in the stock markets with crypto so I’ve had a tonnnn of more important and stressful shit on my mind and running on 5 hours sleep.
no need to go to the city just order from here

User59204626117

User59204626117

I push the hose throw the netpot and don't have algae on the pibbles
View attachment 1078365 View attachment 1078366

looks like those are your main roots growing? If i was you, i would increase the water volume so it is closer to the bottom of net pot. It also looks like you have enough moisture on the net pot so it does keep the root moist. I would really remove that hose that feeds from top.

I still don’t fully understand the top feed thing and how plants of my stage would get fed without a top feed drip setup like I got? Are the fumes and condensation supposed to feed the roots?

How much air gap do I want between the mesh pot and water?

to increase water level, I would put blocks/shims under my res right?

Would I want an air stone in the bucket? At this point. It’s just DWC isn’t it? The water would sit standing and not really cycle through?

smokedareefer

smokedareefer

Only a fool learns from his own mistakes. A wise man learns from the mistakes of others. That’s why I asked first and didn’t just start chopping"

That question has been asked here so many times its foolish to ask it again, besides it's mentioned in a search.

And you'll get both answers so why not do it and decide for yourself

User59204626117

User59204626117

Only a fool learns from his own mistakes. A wise man learns from the mistakes of others. That’s why I asked first and didn’t just start chopping"

That question has been asked here so many times its foolish to ask it again, besides it's mentioned in a search.

And you'll get both answers so why not do it and decide for yourself

you must not read my posts. I ask a TON of dumb and obvious questions 🤷‍♀️ Sometimes up to 4 times now I think haha. Lot on my mind lately.

every situation is unique. Sometimes fan leaves need to stay. Sometimes they gotta go asafp. I’m not sure how to tell so I asked here. Sorry.

PK1

PK1

Supporter
I still don’t fully understand the top feed thing and how plants of my stage would get fed without a top feed drip setup like I got? Are the fumes and condensation supposed to feed the roots?

How much air gap do I want between the mesh pot and water?

to increase water level, I would put blocks/shims under my res right?

Would I want an air stone in the bucket? At this point. It’s just DWC isn’t it? The water would sit standing and not really cycle through?

either get a hydroguard and ag something @Aquaman
or what i use. Why does it need it; think of it like this. Humans need air, water and food to survive. Plants in hydro need their own things. I think aquaman explained why and you didn't get it then so maybe you should go back to 1st page and re-read everything that's been said 4 times. lol! Not trying to be rude but we keep saying the same thing and since you've been busy, you haven't gotten the essentials and running tails is tiring.

User59204626117

User59204626117

the lady at the local store had no idea what hydroguard or hygrozyme was. Maybe when the other guy is in tomorrow I’ll try again.

My order of rapid start from December came in so I had to take it.

4243A60C 0912 4C0D 9546 A6A87820A80D
User59204626117

User59204626117

airedog

airedog

Supporter
You mentioned Hydroguard in post 457, i responded.

Seems like a lot of people are telling you 'run bennies' and you just keep telling them why you won't. Don't get me wrong, we all have to find what works for us; it's just ever so much easier when we listen to those who've done it before. Growing is a journey, perfection is an ideal, what works well for you is reality.

Southern AG definitely is hard to find in Canada (i know 'cause i've been trying and i'm pretty good at tracking shit down), Hydroguard is currently available through Amazon here in Canada. Mine left California yesterday, is currently in Memphis TN and, according to FedEx, will be here by end-of-day tomorrow.

BTW, i'd been planning on running sterile this time round until i stumbled on your thread and saw what Aquaman and others were saying. Made me reconsider as i'm somewhat rusty after a 3 yr hiatus. If i f**k up my current grow it won't be because i didn't listen to others.

Latest posts

Top Bottom