First DWC. overwhelmed with names and chemicals and additives

• Thread starter User59204626117
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
PK1

PK1

Supporter
I just googled it. they say hydroguard is banned in canada.

second, they say its very weak. like .038% bacillus bacteria and 99% water.

the southern AG fungicide is like 98.85% Bacillus amyloliquefaciens strain D747

how about stuff like this? https://www.pestrong.com/157-double-nickel-55-biofungicide-5-lb.html

confuses me because when I look up hydroguard people always compare it to hygrozyme. so I looked up hygrozyme and people compare that to Enzymes Komplete. which I already have.
lol

User59204626117

User59204626117

You mentioned Hydroguard in post 457, i responded.

Seems like a lot of people are telling you 'run bennies' and you just keep telling them why you won't. Don't get me wrong, we all have to find what works for us; it's just ever so much easier when we listen to those who've done it before. Growing is a journey, perfection is an ideal, what works well for you is reality.

Southern AG definitely is hard to find in Canada (i know 'cause i've been trying and i'm pretty good at tracking shit down), Hydroguard is currently available through Amazon here in Canada. Mine left California yesterday, is currently in Memphis TN and, according to FedEx, will be here by end-of-day tomorrow.

BTW, i'd been planning on running sterile this time round until i stumbled on your thread and saw what Aquaman and others were saying. Made me reconsider as i'm somewhat rusty after a 3 yr hiatus. If i f**k up my current grow it won't be because i didn't listen to others.

I want to run beneficial bacteria but I’m getting so many conflicting and confusing answers that it’s making my head spin. Why would I refuse to?

I want to research this and do it once.... apparently something I don’t do enough of 🙄.

I don’t want to buy hydroguard if it’s banned in Canada and gonna be hard to get and hoops to jump through just for something thats 98% water. There’s gotta be a better, more concentrated option, that’s not banned and not just pure water.

Last edited:
PK1

PK1

Supporter
get z9 or in canada z7 and call it a day.
that's all i put in there except ph down and nutrients. also, that's not something your hydro store would carry so don't waste your time with that

PK1

PK1

Supporter
on another point i live in canada and i can order hydroguard from amazon for 120 dollars. It will be here tomorrow since i've got prime. I'm really not sure why you would say that.

User59204626117

User59204626117

its just frustrating that all these things im told to get are banned, or about to be banned, or that bottle im grabbing is the last one as they wont be re ordering. I think this is the 4th product now. id rather just figure that out now than trying to source a new product in a few months when I need to re order.

is hydroguard not junk? I googled it and other people dont have too much good to say about it and its .035% bacteria.

ill keep researching and look into that z7.

User59204626117

User59204626117

" Z7 is one of the most diverse enzymes available "

ive got Enzyme Komplete.... how many bottles of enzymes do I need.

I thought im looking for Bacillus bacteria? doesnt seem to be any of that in the z7: " Enzymes and natural probiotics. "

jeeeeesus fuck this is confusing. really not fun.

Anthem

Anthem

its just frustrating that all these things im told to get are banned, or about to be banned, or that bottle im grabbing is the last one as they wont be re ordering. I think this is the 4th product now. id rather just figure that out now than trying to source a new product in a few months when I need to re order.

is hydroguard not junk? I googled it and other people dont have too much good to say about it and its .035% bacteria.

Can you get OG BIOWar in Canada? They have a product similar to Hydrogaurd. It is there roots pack.

PK1

PK1

Supporter

i ordered it from online and I had it in 17 days. Haven't had problems and i've got nice white roots
just remember its a 2 part and you need very small amount. my 14L volume only takes 5ml of each part

2021 01 06 130626
User59204626117

User59204626117

sterile is definitely tempting. I am this close to getting rid of this hydro bullshit.

593186625bbcea06c516736ea57d0ce2
Anthem

Anthem

sterile is definitely tempting.
To be honest I have checked in on this thread from time to time and with the overwhelming amount of information to digest about DWC or RDWC it just makes it much easier with getting your feet wet. I do not believe it makes a huge difference. Could you see a larger or better run possibly. But for me a few zips is better than nothing at all.

PK1

PK1

Supporter
Your system needs upgrading and here whats good or need changing

Your drainage should be bigger. 3 to 4 inch so that the roots don't plug the drain hole

You need to transfer allot more colume of water into the bucket. I've tried this method and it's continus problems. I suggest running a 2"pvc pipe with one end being locked. Make sure that each bucket gets a pressured water from the pvc pipe going into the bucket. you might need to change your netpot

I believe it took a week or two before the alage build up started?

not enough water circulation and the water level are way below the netpot. You can see that the whole side of the netpot is dry

To much foam and not enough water

you've got a leak on that hoes.

That system i would only keep the pumps and your 54L tote with the air stones and air pumps. The rest is no good and headache honestly. Grab how many plants you want to run in rdwc with pvc pipes, pvc glue, pressure nozzle and some black hose and start putting things together.
I would definitely do a lot of research and there is enough videos that i;ve seen with growers DYI RDWC setup.

User59204626117

User59204626117

I know my setup sucks. I paid $400 for that garbage fisher price setup. Not happy.

Was hoping I seen some progress and could justify upgrading but the plants have just gone downhill since dec 25th. I’m actually ready to go the opposite way of upgrading: throwing it all in the trash or for sale.

- I need better drip rings yup and about a 15x larger capacity pump.

- also need larger drain lines. That barge hose shit is a joke. Will work for now I suppose till I get actual roots. 3-4” drains though?!? 😳

- the foam was temporary because of the enzyme komplete. It’s gone now.

- why does the water need to be higher right now? I thought that is only required when I’ve actually got roots? 1” gap between the mesh pot and the water? That’s adjusted just raising my res up on some shims/blocks?

- yes algae took about two weeks. Algae is growing great. Plants not so much

Thanks. Appreciate it.

Last edited:
PK1

PK1

Supporter
I know my setup sucks. I paid $400 for that garbage fisher price setup. Not happy.

Was hoping I seen some progress and could justify upgrading but the plants have just gone downhill since dec 25th. I’m actually ready to go the opposite way of upgrading: throwing it all in the trash or for sale.

- I need better drip rings yup and about a 15x larger capacity pump.

- also need larger drain lines. That barge hose shit is a joke. Will work for now I suppose till I get actual roots. 3-4” drains though?!? 😳

- the foam was temporary because of the enzyme komplete. It’s gone now.

- why does the water need to be higher right now? I thought that is only required when I’ve actually got roots? 1” gap between the mesh pot and the water? That’s adjusted just raising my res up on some shims/blocks?

- yes algae took about two weeks. Algae is growing great. Plants not so much

Thanks. Appreciate it.
than i would suggest to stop wasting nutrients and just cancel that setup. In all honesty if you just grab your tote and throw a seed for it, you'll have way better luck and none this headache.

with higher water level you'll have enough gap for moisture to build up and air for the roots to be constantly wet.

User59204626117

User59204626117

I am moving this week. the grow tents also get moved. during the move and re setting up in the new place I will decide if I want to carry on or toss these pieces of shit right in the garbage and start fresh.

looking back at the first pics I posted, compared to the plants now... theyve gotten 1/3d of the size and only have a fraction of the leaves as when I got them. theyve done nothing but gone downhill since it seems.

PK1

PK1

Supporter
I am moving this week. the grow tents also get moved. during the move and re setting up in the new place I will decide if I want to carry on or toss these pieces of shit right in the garbage and start fresh.

looking back at the first pics I posted, compared to the plants now... theyve gotten 1/3d of the size and only have a fraction of the leaves as when I got them. theyve done nothing but gone downhill since it seems.
ya, hence why i said in the first page that IMO plants from soil to hydro will never work 😉

User59204626117

User59204626117

Yup. You were right.

maybe these plants aren’t as tough and hearty as I have them credit for.

PK1

PK1

Supporter
Yup. You were right.

maybe these plants aren’t as tough and hearty as I have them credit for.
no, cannabis plants are very hardy and that was not the issue. Just out of cuicity, why did you take them out of soil and dropped them in hydro?

User59204626117

User59204626117

didnt think it mattered.. thought roots were roots.

ive got some plants going in 50:50 promix and perlite already but theyre too slow so I wanted to go hydro in my second tent. I wanted to get out of soil but maybe its not that bad.

a buddy of mine said he has some clones and could use some extra cash. so I figured perfect. ill buy those, wash the soil off, no big deal, replace the soil particles with larger particles ie: clay pebbles which is just a mechanical means to support the roots really, and continue on growing the soil clones with a 1 month head start. apparently it isnt that simple.

I once bought clones off a hydro guy.. they were in rock wool cubes. same thing, ripped the rock wool apart, had a plant with roots dangling off of it in my hands. threw it in the soil and it worked great. so I figured why not go the other way around.

tobh

tobh

Supporter
ya, hence why i said in the first page that IMO plants from soil to hydro will never work 😉
Not for a first time hydro run. My buddy lost several plants to a slough of issues (final death blow being pythium), mainly starting at converting from soil to hydro. It's do-able, just not easy to accomplish.

However, I agree with PK1. Instead of continuing to waste resources, scrap this run and re-evaluate. You've gone through a gauntlet of education overload with this run, and have a much better idea of what your next moves could be. RDWC is not for the faint of heart, mainly due to the setup complexities (large volumes of water, pumps capable of producing 40+ PSI pressure, air manifolds, pipes, fittings, sealing all the things, nutrient volumes, etc).

As PK1 said, run a single plant in your res as a DWC and see what happens. It'll be much easier and much more satisfying.

Latest posts

Top Bottom