First DWC. overwhelmed with names and chemicals and additives

• Thread starter User59204626117
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
User59204626117

User59204626117

Every 5 mm is about 1.2L.

I’ve lost about 50mm so far. So 11.2L since Jan 2. I believe I’ve got 80L in my system (20gal)

14BE2393 251D 46B9 9CE2 BFAFC9D231A7
Last edited:
User59204626117

User59204626117

It was actually a frozen 4L milk jug. Brought temps down almost 10 degree and ppm down by 40. Ph went up by .2 since my tap water is 8.0

It’s 63f and 740ppm, 6.0ph after the jug melted. Which was like two hours.

Maybe a tad too cold now. See how much it’s went up in the morning.

I read that enzymes don’t work/die above 69 degrees? I’ve been running at 71f lately

User59204626117

User59204626117

One plant seems to be doing awesome (by the white fan)

The other plant that I’ve been pulling out of the clay pebbles and checking the roots seems to be doing decent now too.

the other two look rough still

User59204626117

User59204626117

Well holy shit. The one plant in the video has some “serious” roots already 😳🤯

Only 1/4 though. Others show zero signs of life.

AC943E14 0A61 4D25 8702 9551A1033C41
CAE0DB8F 5CBC 48EE A00B 161412E5249A
5515EB37 EDDA 440A A09B 35520844FF25
User59204626117

User59204626117

Why is there no water in the bucket?

Because I’m an idiot and I don’t know what I’m doing. I’ve only got a few inches of water in the buckets. Didn’t see a need for them to be filled when my roots aren’t even penetrating the mesh pots yet?

I need to raise my res for less head pressure so the bucket water level will stay higher. Im supposed to be moved out but I’m delaying it so not too eager to set this hydro set up to perfection when I’m supposed to move houses this week.

btw. New place has well water

I guess the real reason is I don’t know why exactly it needs to get raised, or how/how much 🤦‍♀️

I’ll just fiddle with it until it’s an inch or so below the mesh pots.

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Because I’m an idiot and I don’t know what I’m doing. I’ve only got a few inches of water in the buckets. Didn’t see a need for them to be filled when my roots aren’t even penetrating the mesh pots yet?

I need to raise my res for less head pressure so the bucket water level will stay higher. Im supposed to be moved out but I’m delaying it so not too eager to set this hydro set up to perfection when I’m supposed to move houses this week.

btw. New place has well water
You need airstones in each bucket... the water level is important because it's the bubbles breaking the surface that splash the roots that get them by until the roots grow into the water.. I could swear I mentioned to keep water 1" below the netpot earlier?

User59204626117

User59204626117

Yes. You did. I could of swore someone along my travels also said no air stones in my buckets and to have them in my res 🤷‍♀️

isn’t my top feed lines are what’s feeding the roots for now? I mean... it worked well so far on the one plant that’s thriving despite my water levels being low (right?).

Although. Now that the roots are established..I should probably get water levels proper.

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Yes. You did. I could of swore someone along my travels also said no air stones in my buckets and to have them in my res 🤷‍♀️

isn’t my top feed lines are what’s feeding the roots for now? I mean... it worked well so far on the one plant that’s thriving despite my water levels being low (right?).

Although. Now that the roots are established..I should probably get water levels proper.
Yes that is correct with top feed you can just have them in the res. Once the roots hit the water stop top feeding and adding the airstones to the sites would benefit IMO

PK1

PK1

Supporter
your water level should always be below the net pot. This will allow moister to build up and have all the roots in the pibbles moist.
If your new setup has jet injectors than you have proper aeration in there. since you don't have that right now, air stones would help

User59204626117

User59204626117

So. I’ll raise the res today. And get more air stones since only 2/4 buckets have them.

1 air stone per bucket
2 air stones in the res
I’ll lift res so water is 1” below mesh pots

User59204626117

User59204626117

your water level should always be below the net pot. This will allow moister to build up and have all the roots in the pibbles moist.
If your new setup has jet injectors than you have proper aeration in there. since you don't have that right now air stones would help

I guess I thought my super pathetic home made drip line would be sufficient at keeping everything moist enough. No jet injectors. Just holes cut in the tubing to make a home made sprinkler/shower head effect.

will make those changes today. Seeing significant roots gave me some motivation. Maybe this isn’t a waste of time, complete failure after all.

planning a trip to Calgary on Wednesday. Hopefully a city of 2M people with 18 hydro stores will have non expired hydroguard or something similar.

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

I guess I thought my super pathetic home made drip line would be sufficient at keeping everything moist enough. No jet injectors. Just holes cut in the tubing to make a home made sprinkler/shower head effect.

will make those changes today. Seeing significant roots gave me some motivation. Maybe this isn’t a waste of time, complete failure after all.

planning a trip to Calgary on Wednesday. Hopefully a city of 2M people with 18 hydro stores will have non expired hydroguard or something similar.
It most definitely is not... you are learning and the more you learn before popping new beans the better.

User59204626117

User59204626117

What’s the best way to increase water level in bucket? Raise my res or lower the buckets? I feel it’ll make my drain line on a weird angle if I adjust the heights of either. What’s the best way to do this?

also. Tons of brown dust buildup in my buckets

Or. Use my current 3/4 bullhead drain as a sight glass meter (add another bulkhead on top so it’s sealed)

and then create another drain line, but this one 1” below the mesh pots? So the water won’t start draining until it’s about 12” in the bucket/1” below the mesh pots?

PK1

PK1

Supporter

i am well surprised that they made it as well. From my experience i've never seen the plant make it. You should be motivated.

I don't think any of the stores in Calgary would have it, but check it out. I'd suggust getting the app on your mobile and connecting here before they sell you bunch other products. lol!

The jet injectors are only there to make sure that your water pressure builds up between the three pales. It has no additional power and its forced by your pump. This is were having a good pump comes handy. Also, since their shooting into the water it create a good splash as well as surface agitation which allows air to be mixed.

Watch the link i dropped and learn how it's made. You can build a sick system

Top Bottom