First ever grow - can someone please help me gender them if possible?

• Thread starter BC_August
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
S

sshortguy1

I myself wouldnt light deprive them for 36 hours. Also those having Ruderalis genes, they may be autoflowering. Id ask the guy you got them from.
Im also not a big fan of topping. Id rather bend the plant over, and train the secondary brannches towards the light. That way you keep the growing tip, which will add more secondary branches as it grows. This way it will turn into a round hedge. Also considering thats a 100w LED Id get pretty close to the top of the plant.
Are you also using the 50w LED, along with the 100W?? I would.
it doesn't take much wattage to grow which depends on the amount of space you need covering, back in the 80s I tried this with trial & with 1 low wattage HPS light wasn't too strong but done the job

Jmaes Mabley

Jmaes Mabley

For optimum results with HID its best to have 62.5w sq/ft, and with LED about 42w-sq/ft.

Ive used 1000w HID in a 4 x 4 area since they came out in the 70s. I used to use Halide, but switched to HPS when Hortilux added Blue to the HPS. I also use 1000w on seedlings, and veg 24/7

B

BC_August

I myself wouldnt light deprive them for 36 hours. Also those having Ruderalis genes, they may be autoflowering. Id ask the guy you got them from.
Im also not a big fan of topping. Id rather bend the plant over, and train the secondary brannches towards the light. That way you keep the growing tip, which will add more secondary branches as it grows. This way it will turn into a round hedge. Also considering thats a 100w LED Id get pretty close to the top of the plant.
Are you also using the 50w LED, along with the 100W?? I would.
what im growing at the moment isnt from the seeds im getting, so ive no idea what strain it is. as for autoflowering, the seed guy said his have mostly been photoperiod.
not using the 50 watt, i wanted to but theres a small tomato plant thats been neglected so made a simple box for it with the light on the ceiling of the box, no fans etc, the variety of tomato plant only grows til 25cm :) considering its been only been getting the small amount of light from my window im sure the little light will help.

in the other box just using the 100w and the blurple lights. i think i have enough space to vege for a little longer if i want to but i dunno, see what happens. getting a heap of grow every morning, big improvement over the old light.

When the ruderalis indica start, i probably wont be topping that. Found a couple of videos, one dude got huge arm size buds and some dude barely got an oz. so should be interesting lol

Ponchi
B

BC_August

Grow update, lighter for scale to show how truly tiny this is.

Please remember i'm only doing this for practice before doing it properly, this is to see how different techniques work/react etc. If i mess this up, its gonna hurt less than messing up a proper grow :)

Just shy of a month from a 1" seedling

121221pt1
121221pt3
121221pt4
Compare
B

BC_August

so today i woke up to this, i raised it to the light abit over night and it seemed to like it, once i take it off that box i reckon i've got a bit of room, but in reality i have no idea lol, will something so small stretch like crazy? i reckon yeah, 3-4 days and ill flip, think ive learnt enough for the meantime. its growing a lot every night now and i've finally seen first sign of a preflower and its looking positive :) (too small too photograph)

131221pt1
131221pt2
131221pt3
B

BC_August

its seriously cool to see how much these wee ones grow over night huh

Top Bottom