First Ever Grow Dwc I Keep Posting In The Wrong Places Lll

• Thread starter Newbie83
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
N

Newbie83

Hello all

I started my very first grow just 16 days ago and all seems well. I'm just wondering if and when to lift my light, I have a 600w hps in a 1.2mx1.2mx2m tent. As its my first grow I am starting small with just the 2 plants, bit silly really as I got 1 blue cheese and 1 OG Kush. I should of gone one or the other but I got excited lol. The light is currently 60cm from the canopy with good growth no signs of stress that my untrained eye can see let me know what you think. The kush is smaller as I had some troubles with it but appears to have settled now.

First ever grow dwc i keep posting in the wrong places lll
jeffsciv23

jeffsciv23

looks good. im about to start my first dwc grow and have 3 buckets ready but have been debating doing a rdwc since i have uniseals and an extra tub. would just need to get a water pump.

D

dab science

Hello all

I started my very first grow just 16 days ago and all seems well. I'm just wondering if and when to lift my light, I have a 600w hps in a 1.2mx1.2mx2m tent. As its my first grow I am starting small with just the 2 plants, bit silly really as I got 1 blue cheese and 1 OG Kush. I should of gone one or the other but I got excited lol. The light is currently 60cm from the canopy with good growth no signs of stress that my untrained eye can see let me know what you think. The kush is smaller as I had some troubles with it but appears to have settled now.
Spaceing all depends on type of light like a givita needs alot of room compared to a regular hps or metal halide and leds needs even less space there are other factors like heat and airflow but search your specific lights spaceing requirements and if your ballest is adjustable take in to account how intense you are powering it

N

Newbie83

IMG 2103
Think they might be getting to much light, I checked this morning and other leaves are starting to curl now and feel rather leathery. I've back my light off a few inches as no addjustable ballast. I just don't want massive plant with the size tent I got. Will see how they are this afternoon then they get left alone for the weekend. Always a nail biting time lol

D

dab science

Make sure the water levels are at a correct level with good bubbling more smaller bubbles is best .... If you find they aren't looking better with the light raised try adding another fan if that doesn't work try giving your plants less nutrients you never know it could be nutrient burn cuz it seems your leaves are all slightly burned not necessarily more so on the top as a light would but it's hard to say your plants are still very short... Oh yeah your messed up leaves will never look better you have to judge by the new growth to really know if you fixed the problem it might take a week or so but you will know your on the right track if they don't get worse

D

dab science

looks good. im about to start my first dwc grow and have 3 buckets ready but have been debating doing a rdwc since i have uniseals and an extra tub. would just need to get a water pump.
If you use a water pump it's technically a ebb flow a dwc is more of a resivore that's airated by a air pump with people typically useing airstones or bubble tubing

N

Newbie83

If you use a water pump it's technically a ebb flow a dwc is more of a resivore that's airated by a air pump with people typically useing airstones or bubble tubing
Thanks for the info will look into it. All the research I've seen on DWC is all in its own bucket, I just assumed RDWC was with the res. Total newbie so much to learn

N

Newbie83

IMG 2116
Make sure the water levels are at a correct level with good bubbling more smaller bubbles is best .... If you find they aren't looking better with the light raised try adding another fan if that doesn't work try giving your plants less nutrients you never know it could be nutrient burn cuz it seems your leaves are all slightly burned not necessarily more so on the top as a light would but it's hard to say your plants are still very short... Oh yeah your messed up leaves will never look better you have to judge by the new growth to really know if you fixed the problem it might take a week or so but you will know your on the right track if they don't get worse
Hey man this is awesome info... levels is a question mark. I lowered the level on the Kush as that was the second issue I had with it. I then put slightly less in the blue with the bucket clean and nutrient change. maybe should'nt of changed anything as I did add slightly more nutes to this solution as it was doing so well. So am aware of nutrient burn, the light makes the plants look yellow but I assure there light green instead of dark green which is all I can say

The fan I have I feel is to brutal to be blasting it at the plants as there so young. I might have to move things about a bit but as its all in works I'm not sure.

This picture show the 2 outside fingers on the 3 finger leaf reaching for the light, so I lowered it ever so slightly no measurements.

Hope this makes sense. Not seeing them until Monday now. Nail biters

D

dab science

Thanks for the info will look into it. All the research I've seen on DWC is all in its own bucket, I just assumed RDWC was with the res. Total newbie so much to learn
Dwc just means the water gets its air from bubbles and ebb flow water gets its air from the surface of the water as it moves around exposing more water to the surface air

D

dab science

View attachment 642630
Hey man this is awesome info... levels is a question mark. I lowered the level on the Kush as that was the second issue I had with it. I then put slightly less in the blue with the bucket clean and nutrient change. maybe should'nt of changed anything as I did add slightly more nutes to this solution as it was doing so well. So am aware of nutrient burn, the light makes the plants look yellow but I assure there light green instead of dark green which is all I can say

The fan I have I feel is to brutal to be blasting it at the plants as there so young. I might have to move things about a bit but as its all in works I'm not sure.

This picture show the 2 outside fingers on the 3 finger leaf reaching for the light, so I lowered it ever so slightly no measurements.

Hope this makes sense. Not seeing them until Monday now. Nail biters
Yeah just remember if it looks worse there's still a problem if it looks the same your good and will know for sure when you see new healthy growth the air flow thing is a must in my opinion makeing the plant move around a lot when it's young by a moveing fan is great for the stock to strengthen up just make sure the winds not to strong so the wind doesn't break anything but you might be surprised how strong those little plants are and if you do this your plants most likely won't ever break from a nug being to heavy before you want to harvest

D

dab science

Have you guys looked into plant training or topping or super cropping or Scrog? I highly recommend you research those things I just listed if you haven't already and I guarantee you will have a happier harvest

N

Newbie83

Yeah just remember if it looks worse there's still a problem if it looks the same your good and will know for sure when you see new healthy growth the air flow thing is a must in my opinion makeing the plant move around a lot when it's young by a moveing fan is great for the stock to strengthen up just make sure the winds not to strong so the wind doesn't break anything but you might be surprised how strong those little plants are and if you do this your plants most likely won't ever break from a nug being to heavy before you want to harvest
I will eventually get an moving fan. I'll be sure to try the fan I have a bit more aggressively just afraid of wind burn but guess I'll need to see that to know what it looks like and how to deal with it

N

Newbie83

Have you guys looked into plant training or topping or super cropping or Scrog? I highly recommend you research those things I just listed if you haven't already and I guarantee you will have a happier harvest
And yes have read about all of the above and will be topping once the 6th node shows its face lol. Bit scared of a Scrog with all the cleaning I have to do. Not sure how I would swap and change buckets with the plant through a Scrog net.

D

dab science

[Qpersonally="Newbie83, post: 1794945, member: 78953"]And yes have read about all of the above and will be topping once the 6th node shows its face lol. Bit scared of a Scrog with all the cleaning I have to do. Not sure how I would swap and change buckets with the plant through a Scrog net.[/QUOTE]
I personally dont ever change buckets I start out with a baby in a super cloner (I try to use seeds as much as possible) then I move to a 3 gallon bucket and rock it all the way out there but I do 3 to 4 month then cut down for my grow total if you plan on going longer than that then id switch to a 5 gallon for flower (id keep 5 gallons from the start if you want to keep a mom) just my personal preferences

D

dab science

I will eventually get an moving fan. I'll be sure to try the fan I have a bit more aggressively just afraid of wind burn but guess I'll need to see that to know what it looks like and how to deal with it
Honestly Ive never seen wind burn I dident know that was a thing as long as the plants move back and forth from the wind it will strength the stem you dont want the wind to bend it over and hold it there if it does that its too strong

N

Newbie83

IMG 2194
IMG 2195
Hello checked in this morning had quite a lot of growth on both plants, they don't look to bad. Gonna raise light again by a few inches in the morning with the res change and bucket clean. The only thing is on the kush (again more trouble) it seems to have gained a brown spot on each of the single finger leaves and read its calcium def, so am gonna look into to nessessary correction. The first pic is the blue and the second is kush with brown spot.

Latest posts

Top Bottom