First Ever Grow Dwc I Keep Posting In The Wrong Places Lll

• Thread starter Newbie83
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
D

dab science

Sorry I cant really tell what the proublem is from the pic but it sounds like your on the right track identitying your deficenxies and your roots look great good work so far

N

Newbie83

Been back this morning to do a res change and bucket clean on the blue gonna start training tomorrow I think, raised the light so it's again 60cm away from canopy. The kush is still looking crappy it's due a nute change tomorrow, had a little look at her roots and it appears I might be getting a little bit of root rot. I'm using general hydroponics 3 flora and have been using cannazym as a rot deterrent. Gonna have to look into bigger air stones aswell I think. Head scratcher

D

dab science

Look into air difusers there like circle tubes that produce really little bubbles and are dishwasher safe so cleanable for long term use.... I had root rot for a bit when I used techna floras stuff I would have to take the plant into my bathroom and blast the slime off with water then id spray the roots with hydrogen peroxide but when I switched over to dutch master I dident have those issues there nutrient for the roots is great its called zone

D

dab science

And im pretty sure root rot is a temperature issue but dutch masters is meant to be grown inside with co2 and when people grow with co2 they have a hotter room and if you dident use zone or some other root health product the root rot would thrive.......i know there is a sweet temp if you dont use co2 that the root rot fungus cant grow at but im not sure right now what that is but you could research it and I hope I helped point you in the right direction

N

Newbie83

Look into air difusers there like circle tubes that produce really little bubbles and are dishwasher safe so cleanable for long term use.... I had root rot for a bit when I used techna floras stuff I would have to take the plant into my bathroom and blast the slime off with water then id spray the roots with hydrogen peroxide but when I switched over to dutch master I dident have those issues there nutrient for the roots is great its called zone
Thanks dab will go to the aqua shop at the weekend and look online for the defuses. Looking at the roots this morning there was just a small patch with a couple of dark spots entangled. It's getting a res change tomorrow morning. It might also be due to me lowering the water to much again from under oxygenated water definitely need to sort stones out but the looks of things. Report back tomorrow will get a pic of its roots.

N

Newbie83

Just looking back at photos to compare Friday to Monday on the blue. Think I panic before I need too the curled leaves grow out and then look normal. I still think I need it to stretch a little now anyway for the training so will leave the light for now. I just want to get a jump on things before it becomes critical, everything I'm reading says how resilient they are so wanna fix the kush if possible. Anyway here's a shot from above on Friday curly leaves Monday straight

IMG 2124
IMG 2199
N

Newbie83

Dab thanks for the support. Don't mean to be a pain but am getting right into it, the potential of knowing why smoke costs so much for unreliable quality is what my experiment is about. Self sustaining too obviously. I think how ever you grow there are going to be complications it's just learning what your seeing and how long you have to sort it. I fully expect to fail so anything is better than nothing. Just trying to keep on top of it

N

Newbie83

IMG 2232
Think the Kush is boned! Went to do res change and bucket clean this morning. The single finger leaves are starting to get crispy and have a brown tinge coming through. Not sure I said before but this one had a difficult start due to me not knowing anything. The Rockwool cube was placed to low in the net pot and got over saturated hence the slow start, I never raised it just lowered the water. I also didn't completely fill the net pot with clay pebbles as I was worried the seedling wouldn't be able to find the light, so once it did I filled the pot.

So, quite a few things in there that would suggest rot. My worry is that the rockwool is the source of the mold now and in which case I would say it's an exceptable loss. Thanks again for the help dab I'll keep posting as this run is still in the experimental phase so all good

jeffsciv23

jeffsciv23

If you use a water pump it's technically a ebb flow a dwc is more of a resivore that's airated by a air pump with people typically useing airstones or bubble tubing

yeah i have airstones in each bucket and the res but also have a water pump to recirculate the water to the buckets

kinda like this one. not mine but same concept...

Rdwc
D

dab science

yeah i have airstones in each bucket and the res but also have a water pump to recirculate the water to the buckets

kinda like this one. not mine but same concept...
Its kinda over kill if you have a rez and circulateing water i wouldn't use any airstones cuz the circulateing water airates the water all by itself if I did use a air stone at all it would be in the rez and thats only if the res was kinda deep ..... if you do dwc then there is no circulateing water at all just buckets of water with a airstone in each bucket .....I have seen people keep a rez for mixing nutrients and use a pump like a hose to fill up the dwc buckets with water and to empty the buckets but each bucket is isolayed not connected to prevent cross contamination .... with a rez and all the buckets connected it will also make your grow more expensive for nutrients I personally would not use a res at all for dwc or ebb flow at all unless you want the res for pre mixing alot of nutrients at once then transfer that water to the bickets with a pump

D

dab science

Airstones are ment for water that is either still non moveing water or its super deep cuz Airation is all about surface area be it on the surface or bubble sizes and intensitie

D

dab science

Dab thanks for the support. Don't mean to be a pain but am getting right into it, the potential of knowing why smoke costs so much for unreliable quality is what my experiment is about. Self sustaining too obviously. I think how ever you grow there are going to be complications it's just learning what your seeing and how long you have to sort it. I fully expect to fail so anything is better than nothing. Just trying to keep on top of it
If you meet anyone that grows they all will tell you they had issues in the learning faze sometimes failing is something that happens you just have to be able to look at it as a learning experience and not get discourged if you keep on trying you will be a expert in no time justb keep researching and try to learn as much and as often as possible you will never know it all but always be open to new information people are inovateing and discovering new things everyday especially in this field with more legal growers everyday

D

dab science

[QUpersonally"Newbie83, post: 1796540, member: 78953"]View attachment 643431 Think the Kush is boned! Went to do res change and bucket clean this morning. The single finger leaves are starting to get crispy and have a brown tinge coming through. Not sure I said before but this one had a difficult start due to me not knowing anything. The Rockwool cube was placed to low in the net pot and got over saturated hence the slow start, I never raised it just lowered the water. I also didn't completely fill the net pot with clay pebbles as I was worried the seedling wouldn't be able to find the light, so once it did I filled the pot.

So, quite a few things in there that would suggest rot. My worry is that the rockwool is the source of the mold now and in which case I would say it's an exceptable loss. Thanks again for the help dab I'll keep posting as this run is still in the experimental phase so all good[/QUOTE]
I personally grow more than 1 of a single strain and before they go in veg I abuse them in everyway possible I dont water em I let em sit in stagnent water I fuck with the light and turn the light off for 2 days ..... the reason I do this is I want plants that can take some abuse if for any reason I neglect my plants I domt want them to die or always be sickly so all the young plants that look the shitiest I kill to keep stronger genetics

N

Newbie83

Cheers dab, now I'm switching to a deficiency lol. Magnesium. The new growth looks pale in the centre of the leaves. I also thought as its going down hill I pulled the crusty leaves off. I also checked the Rockwool for mold by digging all the clay out, which was a bitch but found no mold. The blue was topped at the 6th node and I'm ever so gently training her too. Funny after your abuse talk but I'm just messing with it she's still short.

IMG 2258
IMG 2248
N

Newbie83

I know the pull on the blue is pussy I just wanted to see how it reacted and how quick. I'll be more aggressive when there's a bit more growth which I'm expecting with the topping

D

dab science

I know the pull on the blue is pussy I just wanted to see how it reacted and how quick. I'll be more aggressive when there's a bit more growth which I'm expecting with the topping
Ive found plants grow very little on veg but they explode with growth in flower cycle just veg till your done with your basic training and get the general spread your looking for depending on strain sometimes I veg for 2weeks sometimes I veg for 6 weeks its really up to you

Top Bottom