• Thread starter Newbie83
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
N

Newbie83

IMG 2490
IMG 2489
IMG 2483
Been a while. Think I've come to the conclusion all my problems are down to temperature. I'm now doing tests with a heater in the tent on a timer for lights out. The kush is a freak (mutations in the leaves). But it's been looking ok other than its far behind were I wanted it to be. As its all a test run I'm just trying to get everything sorted for my next run. That being said I've switched to 12/12 on both as I have know veg tent yet. We shall see what the temp readings are tomorrow

N

Newbie83

Update I have flowers. The temps are still not great but much better than before and even the troublesome kush plant has survived and is flowering not sure how good it'll be still got a while yet. First pic is the kush next 2 are the blue

IMG 2682
IMG 2686
IMG 2683
SimplyCmplex

SimplyCmplex

Some strains just don't like their roots living in food water. They'll always have that overwatered look. If things are progressing positively, and roots are nice and white(ish) I think you're good. You refer to temp...not sure if you mean bucket temp or ambient temp. Ambient temp definitely get in check or you'll be disappointed with airy buds. Bucket temp I never chilled or cooled but kept the tent temp in check.
Here's a useful light chart...hopefully not too blurry!

Screenshot 2015 06 21 20 45 44 1 1
N

Newbie83

Some strains just don't like their roots living in food water. They'll always have that overwatered look. If things are progressing positively, and roots are nice and white(ish) I think you're good. You refer to temp...not sure if you mean bucket temp or ambient temp. Ambient temp definitely get in check or you'll be disappointed with airy buds. Bucket temp I never chilled or cooled but kept the tent temp in check.
Here's a useful light chart...hopefully not too blurry!
Thanks simply... I have had trouble with both as I'm in an unheated outhouse. Lights out I can't get the ambiant temp to stay above 15-16 Celsius without caining the heater more than i already am. Before the heater it was going below 10. The buckets stay at 18 so fixed issues there. Am moving the next grow inside though which I'm sure will bring the opposite problems that I've now learnt to sort of fix

N

Newbie83

I still half expect it to fail so this is just a test run really

SimplyCmplex

SimplyCmplex

Thanks simply... I have had trouble with both as I'm in an unheated outhouse. Lights out I can't get the ambiant temp to stay above 15-16 Celsius without caining the heater more than i already am. Before the heater it was going below 10. The buckets stay at 18 so fixed issues there. Am moving the next grow inside though which I'm sure will bring the opposite problems that I've now learnt to sort of fix

Ahh gotcha...every strain is different some can handle low Temps better than others. I have lowered my Temps towards the end of flower to induce colors down to 14c ..it is stress either way. If when the lights are off you can keep temps at or above 19c you'll be better off. You may have to consider a space heater of some sorts, or running a current heater more..or insulating.

And yes inside will probably bring the opposite. I find it much easier to raise temps than to lower them.

N

Newbie83

I might have a play with my heat timer for night cycle. Im just happy to have got them this far. I'm now having ph fluctuations on the big won which I've just read is over nuting the solution so my next change I'll decrease again. It's been a massive learning curve and to see what I've been smoking forever grow has been the best, it truly is an amazing plant. Been blown away by the transition from veg to flower it's been worth it already

SimplyCmplex

SimplyCmplex

I might have a play with my heat timer for night cycle. Im just happy to have got them this far. I'm now having ph fluctuations on the big won which I've just read is over nuting the solution so my next change I'll decrease again. It's been a massive learning curve and to see what I've been smoking forever grow has been the best, it truly is an amazing plant. Been blown away by the transition from veg to flower it's been worth it already

Definitely. .but you don't want all your efforts to be for nothing. Finish strong. Imo you should be mixing your nutes per specs..and then checking...and ph(ing) down. It's good to know what your starting ph is...but imperative after you've mixed your nutes. If you're reading high definitely ph down.

N

Newbie83

Definitely. .but you don't want all your efforts to be for nothing. Finish strong. Imo you should be mixing your nutes per specs..and then checking...and ph(ing) down. It's good to know what your starting ph is...but imperative after you've mixed your nutes. If you're reading high definitely ph down.
I know the maths for dilutions on the nutes solutions so all good there. What's happening is a couple of days after a change (which I stick to religiously once a week) it drops. So at the start of a change ph is 5.8-6.2 as I expect a rise after downing it. But I've had it drop to 4.2-4.7 and if she's not drank enough I up her until the next day before adding more ph'd water as she drinks so much more now. When I flipped I was using half strength solution but have been upping the strength as she's not struggling/burning but this drop monitoring isn't needed with the little kush. Oh and I will take care of them both as best I can, and take as far as possible. I wanna know why I pay for so much shit weed and how hard it is. I'm pretty fussy about my smoke though

SimplyCmplex

SimplyCmplex

Your ph will rise they're drinking water in flower...and that's fine you're in hydro perfectly normal. Just make sure to keep it above low...and below high. It also could be a handful of other culprits. The medium you're using...could be algae. Could be your nutes.

Top Bottom