First Ever Grow, No Til, Documenting Every Learning Step

• Thread starter FutureGrower
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
brazel

brazel

I also found this awhile back but I thought it had a lot of cool information being shown in video form. Pretty long for most people to watch but great for someone that doesn't know much about living soil (aka me lol)
Not bad but they definitely don't understand a lot.
Please don't let my comments prevent you from posting things like this, that's the best way to learn. Nor think I'm being rude.
It's honestly not that bad

brazel

brazel

Also I thought I should give you guys an update. I fed the soil for the first time since planting (probably 2 weeks since I placed anything in the soil other than water) I fed her a light coating of kelp.

She generally starts praying about 5 hours into light and falls down about a hour before the lights go out.

I've kept humidity decent but at times I've left the door open for a hour by accident and it's dropped very low. I just crank up the humidifier to full blast for the night and it evens it out though.

Room temps have been between 67 and 77

I'm a little bit worried about my smart pot though since it has either rock dust or mold over a good portion of it.

In a couple days I'll probably do a coconut water and after that I'll probably throw some mbp down lightly.View attachment 771319
I don't remember your soil recipe, but if it's amended properly no reason to add anything till your next crop.
I'm stoked for your grow!
Don't worry about your pot, you're good
Cheers bro
Happy growing

F

FutureGrower

Not bad but they definitely don't understand a lot.
Please don't let my comments prevent you from posting things like this, that's the best way to learn. Nor think I'm being rude.
It's honestly not that bad

No by all means everything I post I hope for constructive criticism. The only reason I posted it is because it helped me visualize the process of indoor notil a little bit better but I agree not the most compacted info for sure lol

F

FutureGrower

I don't remember your soil recipe, but if it's amended properly no reason to add anything till your next crop.
I'm stoked for your grow!
Don't worry about your pot, you're good
Cheers bro
Happy growing

So I have 1/3 Malibu compost 1/3rd cspm 1/3rd lava rock

My amendments are all the same as mofo's on his revisiting No til 2 thread

It's good to know I shouldn't need anymore nutrients just keep watering with aloe silica and fulvic spread out over a couple weeks?

F

FutureGrower

Also I'm not the type to care if someone corrects me it's why I share stuff about me being oblivious about how to water plants... I figure my stupidity could help somebody lmao.

brazel

brazel

So I have 1/3 Malibu compost 1/3rd cspm 1/3rd lava rock

My amendments are all the same as mofo's on his revisiting No til 2 thread

It's good to know I shouldn't need anymore nutrients just keep watering with aloe silica and fulvic spread out over a couple weeks?
Nice, yeah and you can drop the fulvic too.
Aloe is way rad!

brazel

brazel

Also I'm not the type to care if someone corrects me it's why I share stuff about me being oblivious about how to water plants... I figure my stupidity could help somebody lmao.
I like that, I'm the same way! I'll be learning to the day I die!

F

FutureGrower

So i don't really have anything huge to update you guys on but later today I'll do add about a quarter cup of coconut water to a gallon of bubbled water. Oh I'm also getting a little better at water in using probably a gallon every 2 days now.

When I check the dirt before I water it still has a tiny bit of moisture left and a couple grains of soil stick to my finger so they're atleast not dehydrated lol.
20180117 074957

Ecompost

Ecompost

Yes sir! Ego is such a destructive emotion!
yes, we learned this many years ago from Freud and his pals :-)

The maddest of all things, is that we are a species dependent on continuation, are now we have chosen the route where we are forced in to debt to learn. if we also add ego in to this debt picture, it is unlikely we will make it :-) i wonder if this is how we move from enlightenment to the dark ages and back again

F

FutureGrower

yes, we learned this many years ago from Freud and his pals :)

The maddest of all things, is that we are a species dependent on continuation, are now we have chosen the route where we are forced in to debt to learn. if we also add ego in to this debt picture, it is unlikely we will make it :) i wonder if this is how we move from enlightenment to the dark ages and back again

I'm not sure if you meant debt in school or debt to earth but either way it works!

Interesting theory about us going back to the dark ages... as a species I've read a few studies that says we are getting more stupid as time goes on (thank you corrupt school systems) so you could be right

Ecompost

Ecompost

I'm not sure if you meant debt in school or debt to earth but either way it works!

Interesting theory about us going back to the dark ages... as a species I've read a few studies that says we are getting more stupid as time goes on (thank you corrupt school systems) so you could be right
before formal education, there was 5% illiteracy, today after nearly 100 years of schooling, there is 5% illiteracy

F

FutureGrower

Small update. Everything is going crazy smooth except a day ago I seen a few yellow tips. All I can find online is nuts burn so I'm assuming it's that even though I haven't fed the soil in a week.

Anyways she's getting really big here's a couple pictures
20180125 091935

20180125 092015
Organikz

Organikz

Looks like things are taking off. Do you have anything to use for mulch? Mulch acts not only as a cover but mulch also acts as a BNI (biological denitrification inhibitor) meaning it slows or stops the release of nitrogen in nitrate gas form. This will ultimately help close the nutrient loop. You can use dead or living mulch. I use a combination of alfalfa, clover, and pine bark fines.

Bro hydro is a little faster but you plants hustle in big beds. Here's a little pheno of bliss. In the process of searching out a maui wowie ibl stud now. She's dripping!

20180125 191659
Last edited:
F

FutureGrower

Looks like things are taking off. Do you have anything to use for mulch? Mulch acts not only as a cover but mulch also acts as a BNI (biological denitrification inhibitor) meaning it slows or stops the release of nitrogen in nitrate gas form. This will ultimately help close the nutrient loop. You can use dead or living mulch. I use a combination of alfalfa, clover, and pine bark fines.

Bro hydro is a little faster but you plants hustle in big beds. Here's a little pheno of bliss. In the process of searching out a maui wowie ibl stud now. She's dripping!

Unfortunately I don’t yet, I could order some but we have some pretty solid nurseries out here so I was thinking when spring rolls around I’d pickup some clover and rye, maybe a third as well... I could go buy a bale of hay or something in the mean time but doing something like that would be kinda overkill for one pot lol. I could mow some of my grass down and use that possibly?

Im also planning in adding worms when it gets warmer outside. Do you guys think using what I find in my backyard to be a good idea? My backyard is full of lava rock soil since I’m so close to a volcano and the worms grow massive.

As far as hydro growing faster, yesterday I watered her and came back in 3 hours later and she’d grown atleast an inch!

Your plant is crazy frosty man! Looking amazing!

F

FutureGrower

I’ve been pushing all her fan leaves down and letting the fresh shoots get all the light so far. It seems like it’s doing really good like that.

Also I could use some of your guys’ advice with a scrog. Looking online I probably chose the worst starting strain you could get since they’re supposed to be massive plants, I’m just wondering how much above my pot should I do my first scrog layer?

Top Bottom